Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need a break

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 10:30 am
my baby is seven months old kah, and I wanted and prayed for him so much. ive stayed home these past seven months and I htnk I have been without him maybe five times since he was born. these past few weeks I have been feeling increasingly frustrated and feel like I just need some time alone without him. sometimes I even get angry with him, even though I know he has no way to communicate but crying and he doesnt undersand that he cant pull on wires or play wiht my cell phone... am I normal? I feel guilty for wanting a break from him because I love him so much, I feel like I hsouldnt leave him with someone else but sometimes I feel im just going to go crazy! why do I feel like this? im also so worried about gvaing another one because if I fell like this now what happens with two... I guess im just venting and wanting reassurance that im normal and not a horrible mother.

Helani

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 10:32 am
You do deserve a break. It's normal. Find a babysitter you can trust and get out for a couple of hours to do something fun baby-free. You will come back happier and more patient. Good luck!

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:11 pm
You are totally normal, BH!
Most people feel they need some alone time. Can your husband watch the baby 1-2 evenings a week so you can get out? Perhaps you can get a babysitter for 3 hours during the day 1-2 times a week. Let your husband know this is a normal feeling. It does not make you a bad mother- don't feel guilty.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:23 pm
That's totally normal! My baby is only 7.5 weeks and I also need the occassional break. Sometimes in the evening I will hand her to dh and say she's all yours for the next half hour (or longer sometimes) so I can have some ME time. My father has taken dd for a long walk so I could get stuff done around the house without her distracting me. This week, I dropped dd off at my parents' house so my mother could watch her while I went to the doctor. When I came back, my mother handed me a coupon for a free pedicure and told me to go and relax a little.

It's hard to be at the beck and call of someone who is totally dependent on you to take care of all of his/her needs. You definitely need some downtime. It's completely normal and you should not feel the slightest bit guilty about it.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:53 pm
your emotions just pretty much described my day
and I too feel like a terrible mother for losing my patients with my
7 month old
we all have those moments
dont feel terrible if you need some alone time
I find when you do that you can come back to
your baby refreshed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics