Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trigger warning. "Our unique family" in jail—non-Jews
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next

cookier

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:15 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
That swearing in ceremoney looked to me like it was just a bit. You dont actually see the army there, just him, in civilian garb.

Nah, it actually looks exactly the same as where I took mine, down to the paneling and the carpet. which is a little weird, because I took my oath out of Baltimore MEPS, not Texas. Guess the DOD isn’t trying to reinvent the interior design wheel.

Typically you swear in when you enlist in the delayed entry program, and you just go to MEPS for most of the day, fill out paperwork, and then go home. No one is in uniform except the one or two recruiters administering it. I think the army allows civvies longer, but for most branches you’re in civvies until a few hours into boot camp.

You can hear others taking the oath as well.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:18 pm
https://www.khou.com/article/n.....4bee3

this one has a lot of chilling graphic details. Be warned.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:19 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Houston adoptive father of 9 accused of s-xually abusing most of his children may face 8 new charges

Hayim Nissim Cohen, 38, appeared in court Thursday as prosecutors announced another round of charges. A bailiff brought him before the 182nd District Court judge in a wheelchair with an oxygen mask dangling from his neck.

The new charges, expected to be filed at some point Thursday, include continuous relations abuse of a child, prohibited s-xual conduct, injury to a child, super aggravated assault of a child and indecency with a child, Harris County prosecutor Janna Oswald said in court.

Prosecutors continued to express skepticism over the extent of his health issues since Cohen has portrayed himself in the past as having a terminal illness. One of the accusers, whose allegation has become the subject of one of the new charges, contends Cohen is faking the illness.

His latest lawyer, hired in the past 24 hours, said Cohen appears to have health issues but that he did not know which ones.

Defense attorneys Charles Johnson, right, and Eddy Tecle, left, speak with media after the arraignment of their client Hayim Cohen in the 182nd District courtroom in the Criminal Courthouse Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023 in Houston.

Investigators learned of additional accusations after a 17-year-old accuser went on a podcast to discuss years of abuse. More children in the home made outcries as a search warrant was conducted at the home.

The same children were interviewed by CPS in the past but denied that any abuse happened, Oswald said.

Judge Danilo Lacayo pressed prosecutors on whether authorities could have earlier known that the abuse was happening.

“There was suspicion and things we were following up on but nothing significant that we could bring charges on,” Oswald said.

At least one adopted child of Cohen — wearing Army fatigues — attended the proceedings in support of him. Houston police investigators, meanwhile, sat in the back of the courtroom.

Cohen remains without bail and is expected on Friday to return to court.

Cohen was free on bond in connection to a 2019 case, accused of acting indecently around a foreign exchange student, when two more charges were filed last week.

Note from me:
His oldest son avshalom, wearing his army clothing, was there in his support. WOW. Um.

Thank you mama bear.
I hope Avshalom isn't an accomplice to the abuse.

gr82no

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:19 pm
Can it be that the oldest son helped his father and abused the younger kids?

werty

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:31 pm
This is all happening is Texas??

Isn't that where the CPS took away 3 kids from a regular happy family claiming the baby got hurt because of abuse. A Chabad family, don't remember their name,anyone know what I'm talking about ?

How is the same corrupt CPS not taking away these kids BC of lack of evidence, but did attack that family with no evidence? ?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:35 pm
werty wrote:
This is all happening is Texas??

Isn't that where the CPS took away 3 kids from a regular happy family claiming the baby got hurt because of abuse. A Chabad family, don't remember their name,anyone know what I'm talking about ?

How is the same corrupt CPS not taking away these kids BC of lack of evidence, but did attack that family with no evidence? ?

exactly!!!!

OceanChimes

Horrible.
Perhaps the oldest was abused and later turned into an accomplice as can happen to those who were abused especially if he's still there and the "father" is egging him on. What a horror story.

Mama Bear

https://www.khou.com/article/n.....4bee3

interesting.... the 3 older sons are on the father's side, and the 5 younger ones are backing up Shmariyahu.
This is very interesting. I'm trying to figure out why.

OceanChimes

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:37 pm
my filter blocks all the links and won't open them even when I request them.

OceanChimes

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:41 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-man-charged-with-s-xually-assaulting-6-adopted-sons-is-faking-terminal-illness-prosecutors-say-graphic-content/285-44e20f29-772a-4e10-9e6b-ac062bd4bee3

interesting.... the 3 older sons are on the father's side, and the 5 younger ones are backing up Shmariyahu.

the older ones had more years of being brainwashed to support him, and maybe they even were an accomplice and are scared for their fate?

cookier

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/houston-man-charged-with-s-xually-assaulting-6-adopted-sons-is-faking-terminal-illness-prosecutors-say-graphic-content/285-44e20f29-772a-4e10-9e6b-ac062bd4bee3

this one has a lot of chilling graphic details. Be warned.

This one says all three of the oldest were in the courtroom. They must be the 3/9 who did not accuse him. Which is so sad, because I was really hoping the two little ones would have been spared.

4thebooks

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:42 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Yup I’m also so curious as to why they are backing him. Maybe he bribed them with money or something. Cuz they knew the father wasn’t really sick yet on social media they played the game very well.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:44 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Stockholm syndrome.

Congresswoman

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:45 pm
There are two striking stories here.

1- the alleged s-xual abuse
2 - the weird chassidish lifestyle.

(Sadly) the second point is more intriguing.

missknowitall

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 2:50 pm
He might have threatened the older ones. Also the younger ones are safe in other homes. The older ones are more vulnerable to him coming after them if he manages not to go to jail. Based on him always getting away with it in the past they probably assume he will this time again.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:47 pm
I wish all these news sites would mention that though the family dressed like chassidim they are not and are not even Jewish.
I feel like without that tidbit, happy anti semites will start spewing their garbage that I knew all chassidim are pedophiles or stuff like that (maybe they already are spewing, I didn't read comments).

asmileaday

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:58 pm
Nevermind, the comments are already full of Jew hate. Terrific. Exactly what we need. See he got away with it so long because of Jewish privilege yada yada.
I have a half a mind to answer each of these comments with the information that he's not Jewish but I don't know if I want to put myself out there.
Anyone wants to take the task?

OceanChimes

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:04 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Nevermind, the comments are already full of Jew hate. Terrific. Exactly what we need. See he got away with it so long because of Jewish privilege yada yada.
I have a half a mind to answer each of these comments with the information that he's not Jewish but I don't know if I want to put myself out there.
Anyone wants to take the task?

I saw someone posted about this on Twitter along with a video of one of the boys reading a nasty antisemitic comment he got (presumably in response to one of the videos) and the guy is watching nodding along, like yep look at you you really are all those stuff. It's horrible.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:10 pm
The comments on social media are indeed sickeningly anti semitic. I definitely am going aorund on youtube and twitter reiterating over and over again that he isnt Jewish, but none of them are buying it. It's his costume that makes it for them. They are ignorant and dont care that he wasnt born jewis nor converted. To them, if someone takes on the JEwish religion, that makes them Jewish. It's useless to argue. It's so sad.

Also, thanks everyone for making me realize that one point that hadnt occurred to me. THat the 3 older ones are probably denying that any of this took place, bc they dont want to be in trouble, since theyre adults now.

My heart is hurting for Shmariyahu, whatever his real name is. Bc now the only kids backing him up are the 3 middle ones, who all have varying degrees of disabilities, and thus the prosecutors can say that their word isn't word. I with the older brothers would back him up! I'm sad. Whatever the case is, Shmariyahu is safe now, and the 5 younger ones are safe too. That's what matters. Whether this cretin sits or not, HaShem will mete out justice.

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:17 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I don't have a filter but it has access denied.
Page 9 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics