Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Why do people complain
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 10:56 am
Why do SAHM complain!?!?!?!?
get yourself a job if you do not enjoy being at home the whole day.
consider yourself lucky that you can be home!!
If you do not like it- WORK (like most people do!)

icebreaker

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 10:59 am
What??? This is such a ridiculous post! Everyone is allowed to complain every now and then about something. We are humans!

amother
Seagreen

amother OP wrote:

This is very judgmental of you.
It's not a simple black and white situation.
Everyone is entitled to vent. We're human.

amother
Nasturtium

Don't judge another until you are in their shoes (which is never, so don't ever judge.)

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:00 am
There is no perfect. Sometimes having a chance to complain about the not good stuff leaves a person mental space to focus on the good.

Fact is that all mothering is hard, whether you're working, home all day with the kids, or have a lot of help.

Don't claim that you're the only one who has it hard, but all of us can be validated in that this is a challenging (but very rewarding) mission in life.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:01 am
I am a hard working mom and am not a SAHM. But whenever I had the opportunity I chose to be a SAHM to be home with my babies. BUT, it was very very hard . Harder than going to work sometimes. The monotony , the loneliness, the constant speaking baby talk and not having deep and intelligent conversations can get to a person. When my kids were a little bigger I then went back to work. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to be home with some of my kids when they were babies and toddlers. But that didn’t make it fun or easy or less hard than working out of the house. Working gives you a separation from the monotony of home life . Neither job is easy . Each have pros and cons. But I can very much understand the kvetching of a SAHM.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:01 am
This is very judge and not understanding.

There are many reasons to be stay at home and doesn’t work to work. Hours often don’t line up for pickup and drop off for just own reason

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:04 am
I'm a WAHM and I feel like it makes me even lonelier. No time to go out for coffee or meet up with friends. Just work, work, work at the computer all day without seeing anyone. Sad

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:04 am
Really?? What a strange post! Being a sahm is a hundred times harder than working! I wish I had the capabilities to be a sahm!
Are you referring to people who don’t work and don’t have kids home with them? That’s another story

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:05 am
Every choice in life can come with its own challenges. If those challenges outweigh the benefits, then sure, maybe someone might re-evaluate the choice. Sometimes the benefits are overwhelming, but still there are valid struggles that go with it. Most things in life are not all good or all bad.

Can women never be upset about marital issues because they chose to get married? Never frustrated by kids because they chose to be mothers?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:05 am
You posted this under “work at home mothers”, do you know what that means? Curious.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:06 am
Taking care of young children IS a job

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:08 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I'm a WAHM and I feel like it makes me even lonelier. No time to go out for coffee or meet up with friends. Just work, work, work at the computer all day without seeing anyone. Sad

I'm a SAHM and have NO time to go out for coffee or out to lunch. While the working women I know, go out to lunch almost every day.
I don't know why on this site, working women think that SAHM have all the time to go out for coffee or with friends. When I was working, I had an actual lunch break and was able to go out for lunch. Now that I'm a SAHM, it's almost impossible.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:09 am
Just because people kvetch about some aspects of something doesn't mean they don't want the thing. Literally everything has enjoyable and unenjoyable aspects. Marriage, children, work, family, friends. We make our choices and then we still kvetch about the annoying parts.

I like having a car. I don't like filling it with gas on a cold windy day.

I love my toddler. I don't like cleaning marker off chairs.

I like my job. I don't like filling out a certain form every 2 weeks.

Kvetching can be therapeutic and a form of release and processing.

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:09 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:

I’m in the same boat, it’s rough sometimes. There was a thread with some ideas on how to make wfh more mentally healthy recently.

I like working at cafes in the winter and parks in the summer. Some parks have WiFi, by others I use my phone’s hotspot.

I still like wfh better than being a SAHM though. I need to use my brain, kids bore me until they’re intelligent enough to talk honestly.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:10 am
You sound simply jealous.
How disgusting.
Being a mom is a full-time job. I would never manage my life if I would also go out to work.
That does not mean that I love every aspect of being home with my children all day. It has many challenges.
Yes, I’m still grateful I can afford to stay home, but it’s not always easy.

Working while you have a family of little kids is really the ridiculous way to live, it’s just so engrained and normalized in our society, because people can’t afford to have a single income.

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:11 am
(this isn't op from the how to make a thread go viral, right?)

OP, sounds like you resent working and wish you could be a SAHM. Are there any ways you could make it work? If you kept younger children home and didn't use cleaning help or convenience foods could you afford to make it without your income? It wouldn't be easy, but it would be a choice you make and not one you feel forced into.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:14 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Really?? What a strange post! Being a sahm is a hundred times harder than working! I wish I had the capabilities to be a sahm!
Are you referring to people who don’t work and don’t have kids home with them? That’s another story

That is my point- get a job and it won't be so hard!!

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:

Noone who you feel has it better than you is allowed to complain? Should people with kids never complain because there are others who wish they had? Should rich people never complain because they don't have to worry about bills?

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
That is my point- get a job and it won't be so hard!!

Oh, what do you know????
We'd all wish for life to be so simple, black & white, wouldn't we?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers