Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do these Le Chocolate Chocolates have a Chassidish Hechsher?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 6:57 pm
All I can see is the "OK" Hechsher.

Why is the company packing it in a way thats hiding the Chassidish Hechsher that may be on the label, in between the sections on the bottom of the container (if they have one)?

If I give these to people who only eat Chassidish Hecherim, theyll throw these straight in the garbage.

What do you think happened here?

Is the company relying on people recognizing the ribbon that the company uses?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:01 pm
Le chocolate always had a heimish hechsher. I’m not sure what’s going on here.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:11 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Le chocolate always had a heimish hechsher. I’m not sure what’s going on here.

If you rip off the label you see some other TEENSY Hechsher logo.

But why should anyone have to?

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:16 pm
I doubt the non Jew that packages the chocolates, made all these calculations when putting on the label. 😂

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:19 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
I doubt the non Jew that packages the chocolates, made all these calculations when putting on the label. 😂

On thousands of boxes, all packed the same way, w Chassidishe Hechsher hidden?

Then the company foresight and supervision is very poor.

They should have stuck a sticker right on the top or on the bottom, to be clear to all.

amother
Brass

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:25 pm
Why would they throw in the garbage? They should give it to me.

I think most people have enough brains to ask what hechsher the store has before throwing clearly packaged food away.

But you certainly don’t need to give these platters out if you’re uncomfortable.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:28 pm
I am not sure how the label could not be applied in this manner since there is no flat space large enough in a four compartment container.

If you are familiar with the brand, what does it matter.

Since it is such a specialized market, then I would assume almost anyone is buying it specifically for that reason.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:30 pm
amother Brass wrote:
But you certainly don’t need to give these platters out if you’re uncomfortable.

I realize that!

I bought some for the non Chassidish people I give to, but Im stumped on why theyd have the Chassidish Hechsher hidden on the thousands of boxes I saw piled up in the store.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:34 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I am not sure how the label could not be applied in this manner since there is no flat space large enough in a four compartment container.

The Chassidish Hechsher could have been printed right next to the OK Hechsher on this label, in the large enough empty space..

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Chassidish Hechsher could have been right next to the OK Hechsher on this label, in the large enough empty space..

Yes of course - I was merely addressing how the existing label was physically attached to the specific package.

In terms of whatever person *designed* the label they could have done a better job since it is more logical to have every hecksher in the same place even if the label had been completely flat.

But I do think that for the purposes of gifting it would be fine since I would think the people who rely on that hecksher would know that brand was okay or at the worst would see the entire label when they opened up the package.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:

But I do think that for the purposes of gifting it would be fine since I would think the people who rely on that hecksher would know that brand was okay or at the worst would see the entire label when they opened up the package.

Even when you open the package, the Chassidish hechsher logo (if thats what it is) is totally hidden between 2 compartments. The printed part faces out, stuck between 2 compartments, not to the inside of the package.

All you see when you open the container is the back (blank) part of the label.

It was designed poorly.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Even when you open the package, the Chassidish hechsher logo (if thats what it is) is totally hidden between 2 compartments. The printed part faces out, stuck between 2 compartments, not to the inside of the package.

All you see when you open the container is the back (blank) part of the label.

It was designed poorly.

It was poorly designed and you can contact the brand to let them know. That said, I don't think people would trash it. They'd check the full label for a hechsher. When zooming into the picture you posted, I can see the hechsher. I recognize the symbol so I know which hechsher it is. You can tel there's a symbol there. Even if someone can't see it clearly, they would try to peel it a bit to see what symbol it is, not trash the whole thing! Annoying, but not the end of the world...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:42 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
It was poorly designed and you can contact the brand to let them know. That said, I don't think people would trash it. They'd check the full label for a hechsher. When zooming into the picture you posted, I can see the hechsher. I recognize the symbol so I know which hechsher it is. You can tel there's a symbol there. Even if someone can't see it clearly, they would try to peel it a bit to see what symbol it is, not trash the whole thing! Annoying, but not the end of the world...

Please share what Hechsher you saw. Thanks.

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:57 pm
amother OP wrote:

To me it looks like Hisachdus CRC which most chassidim are familiar with. I'm pretty sure Le Chocolate is a chassidish company from Monsey. Most tri-state area chassidim probably know that also.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

Looks like the famous hisachdus winner ribbon shaped symbol.

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:13 pm
LOL. The chassidish hechsherim literally rely on the OK, OU and the like when they put their hechsher on something. But for some reason it makes it more kosher to have a chassidishe hechsher on the package 🤷‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:16 pm
amother Peony wrote:
LOL. The chassidish hechsherim literally rely on the OK, OU and the like when they put their hechsher on something. But for some reason it makes it more kosher to have a chassidishe hechsher on the package 🤷‍♀️

Possibly true, but it is what it is. Chassidish people like the Chassidish symbols.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:17 pm
amother Maple wrote:
To me it looks like Hisachdus CRC which most chassidim are familiar with. I'm pretty sure Le Chocolate is a chassidish company from Monsey. Most tri-state area chassidim probably know that also.

So most here think that if a Chassidish person gets this, they wouldnt even look for the hechsher?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:28 pm
amother Peony wrote:

Where do you take this information from?

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 9:48 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Where do you take this information from?

It's pretty well known.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics