Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do these Le Chocolate Chocolates have a Chassidish Hechsher?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Peony wrote:
It's pretty well known.

I don’t think it’s true. As far as I know, the ou and ok have different ways of doing things than the chasidish hechsherim especially in regards to certain food items.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:11 pm
I would think that before a person trashed a box of chocolates, they would make the effort to look for the hecksher after they opened it. You found it so it is there.

However I also think that the brand is probably known to most people who want that specific hecksher so it probably isn't a problem in real life.

I would suspect that the vast majority of people eating and/or buying this chocolate don't even specifically look for the hecksher because they know exactly what they are getting.

However I do agree in terms of the "wider market" that it is a ridiculous package design to sell something with a hecksher that can't be viewed at the point of sale. LOL

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Looks like the famous hisachdus winner ribbon shaped symbol.

Yes, that's what it looks like in the picture.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:29 pm
amother Maple wrote:
To me it looks like Hisachdus CRC which most chassidim are familiar with. I'm pretty sure Le Chocolate is a chassidish company from Monsey. Most tri-state area chassidim probably know that also.

He's actually a customer of mine... going to mention it to the owner

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:31 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Yes, that's what it looks like in the picture.

What picture? I took the picture and I can barely see the Hechsher logo.

WhatFor

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 7:31 pm
It would never occur to me that someone would take a beautiful box of chocolates that's clearly kosher, with a label half-slightly-obscured, and then just throw it in the garbage because they can't be bothered to even peel the label the tiniest bit to see if it's kosher. That's such baal tashchis.

Even if you don't hold by a hechsher, you can give it to someone who does. But I still think most people would make the effort to peel the sticker if they're not sure what it says. Do people really find this so difficult that they'd throw or give away a box of chocolates over it? I guess I learn new things every day.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:02 pm
WhatFor wrote:
It would never occur to me that someone would take a beautiful box of chocolates that's clearly kosher, with a label half-slightly-obscured, and then just throw it in the garbage because they can't be bothered to even peel the label the tiniest bit to see if it's kosher. That's such baal tashchis.

Even if you don't hold by a hechsher, you can give it to someone who does. But I still think most people would make the effort to peel the sticker if they're not sure what it says. Do people really find this so difficult that they'd throw or give away a box of chocolates over it? I guess I learn new things every day.

Its not easy to get to that side of the label. Its hidden. It can easily tear when someone tries peeling it off. And the Hechsher logo is tiny, a fraction of an inch, to begin with.

walmart

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 8:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
What picture? I took the picture and I can barely see the Hechsher logo.

Here it is. Should be pretty simple to spot for someone looking closely. I do agree with you though that it's poor placement.

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Feb 25 2023, 10:16 pm
I once clearly saw parts of bugs or flies in a wrapped jelly thing they made. It had 3 hechsherim, I called them all. Only one sent down a guy to pick it up. I never heard back from them. They did discontinue the item later on (it was colored jelly rings minus the chocolate, individually wrapped).

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 12:34 am

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:12 am
There are two kosher chocolate companies, both called "Le Chocolate." I have no connection to either company, but I will share what little I know.

One Le Chocolate is in Monsey and sells expensive, heavenly hand-made artisinal chocolate that can only be purchased in their shop (as far as I know), and is under the hashgacha of Congregation Bais Tefilla of Monsey. (I have purchased chocolate here, so this is my experience.)

I know little about the other Le Chocolate, but I think it may be commercially produced because it can be found prepackaged in clamshell containers on grocery store shelves at a reasonable price. It may be great tasting, I just don't know because I haven't bought it.

Hope this helps.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:17 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
There are two kosher chocolate companies, both called "Le Chocolate." I have no connection to either company, but I will share what little I know.

One Le Chocolate is in Monsey and sells expensive, heavenly hand-made artisinal chocolate that can only be purchased in their shop (as far as I know), and is under the hashgacha of Congregation Bais Tefilla of Monsey. (I have purchased chocolate here, so this is my experience.)

I know little about the other Le Chocolate, but I think it may be commercially produced because it can be found prepackaged in clamshell containers on grocery store shelves at a reasonable price. It may be great tasting, I just don't know because I haven't bought it.

Hope this helps.

Only one company can legally use the familiar looking ribbon with the company name on it, thats used over the plastic container, thats shown in the photo in the OP.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Only one company can legally use the familiar looking ribbon thats shown in the photo in the OP.

The non-Monsey Le Chocolate is under hisachdus.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:25 am
The non-Monsey Le Chocolate is under hisachdus.

Is that the company that uses the familiar ribbon in the pic I posted?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Only one company can legally use the familiar looking ribbon thats shown in the photo in the OP.

Huh? Any company under that supervision can use the picture of the hashgacha. It's not limited to one company.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:29 am

Hope this helps.

They're both based in Monsey. I'm pretty sure the upscale boutique is spelled Le Chocolat. Le Chocolate is the commercial, parve chocolate company which is under hisachdus, is a chassidish company and also based in Monsey and is in the picture Op shared.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:33 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Huh? Any company under that supervision can use the picture of the hashgacha. It's not limited to one company.

Only one company can use that ribbon in the picture I posted (not the Hashgacha).

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Only one company can use that ribbon in the picture I posted (not the Hashgacha).

Ohh I thought you meant the ribbon shape of the hechsher. But if the companies are connected could be they're allowed to both use the same branding, like eichlers in bp and flatbush.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:58 am
Op did you read my post right above yours? I am in this industry and I used to live in Monsey. I know this for a fact. The company Le Chocolate that produced the platter of chocolates that you posted a picture of, is a chassidish company based in Monsey. The hechsher is hisachdus which I'm pretty sure is a chassidish hechsher. The majority of chassidim will recognize the company and the hechsher and will be happy to eat these chocolates.

There is a chocolate boutique, also based in Monsey, that sells upscale, delicious truffles. They dont use that ribbon and they dont mass produce and they don't distribute their platters to grocery stores. A platter of their chocolates in that size will probably cost you in the range of $75, if not more. I'm not sure what hechsher they're under, but I'm pretty sure many chassidim in Monsey eat from their store. But it's not related to your platter.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 11:04 am
if I didnt eat from the ok hechsher, I would never think of peeling back the sticker and I would not eat it. if I didnt know anyone to give it to I would probably throw it out
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics