Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Products for 2 year old girl with curly hair

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:31 pm
Her hairs isn't tangled or frizzy, it's more that it's flying all over and she looks so unkempt. Within a few hours after bath, her hair is angelic; tight neat stunning curls.
But by the next morning, it's everywhere, her hair stands on end and she looks like a neglected child lol.
Ponies/bunnies don't look good and she pulls out clips.
Any recommendations for a product that I can put in the morning or before bed to make her curls tight and neat ?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:50 pm
Be careful about those kind of hair products - some can effect hormones. This was found in Hispanic and African American female toddlers who had hair products used on them .

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:52 pm
First of, do you pineapple her hair at night? Have you considered doing the curly girl method?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
Be careful about those kind of hair products - some can effect hormones. This was found in Hispanic and African American female toddlers who had hair products used on them .

I'd love to see some more information on this.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:53 pm
We love Shea moisture

But also, you have to spray with water in the morning

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:55 pm
The abc of curly hair is - never brush when dry. Wet it in morning and brush again.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 1:58 pm
Take some conditioner and put it through her damp hair

metacognizant

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 2:16 pm
Also if the issue is that it gets all messed up when she’s asleep, why can’t she sleep in a silk or satin sleep cap, like the grown ups do?

Raindance

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 2:41 pm
Get an empty spray bottle from the dollar store and fill with water, put a drop of conditioner in. Every morning, spray and brush it as part of the morning routine.

If it gets tangled at night you can braid it or make a (high)ponytail/bun.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 11:28 pm
I always used shampoo and conditioner followed by Suave leave in detangler before combing with a wide tooth comb. Sleep with hair in a scrunchie and fluff in the morning. Use a little leave in spray if needed to improve flattened curls. Never brush. Try braids, pigtails, a headband, two side barrettes, half up half down with a barrette.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:41 am
We use Cantu for kids products. I use the leave in conditioner as the last part of her bath, and a satin pillowcase. We used a satin crib sheet when she was very small. Cantu makes a detangler but I found it was too heavy before she had a lot of hair, so watered it down. Always comb/brush when wet, and use a brush like a Wet Brush, not a bristled brush. I shpritz again after making her hair in the morning so it’s nice ringlets. Don’t wash her hair more than once or twice a week. Also, I highly recommend having her hair dry cut by someone who specializes in curls if you can. It makes a huge difference in flyaways/tangles.

SingALong

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:15 am
I wouldn’t use a satin night cap on a young child, doesn’t seem safe.

With dd I use leave in conditioner spray and mousse. I brush her hair after the bath, spray and mousse into shape. The next morning I just spray and wet the hair a bit and neaten the hairstyle I did the night before. Sometimes I’ll just put her hair in a bun. When she allows I’ll do pigtails.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:44 pm
Thanks for all the responses!

Thing is, shes really little, not even 2 yet (next week)

She's really a baby, her hair is short, nowhere near long enough for any sort of pony or pigtails.

I try putting it in 2 buns/bunnies on top of her head, but her hair isnt long enough for all of it to fit in, so it just looks ridiculous with tonz of hair on the side not in the ponytails.

What I really want is for her to wear nothing, but for her hair to be neat with cute tight curls like right out of the bath.
Does leave-in conditioner help with that? Any specific brand?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:50 pm
I still reccomend the curly girl method. Cantu is cg approved.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics