Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp BRC - what to bring
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:15 am
amother Petunia wrote:
Not necessarily the right stuff. Just regular summer clothes. Don’t need hardtail. My girls had sweatshirts from old navy. Also the camp gives camp sweatshirts. My girls had striped ribbed tshirts regular tshirts from junee and flowered dresses for shabbos

Fanny packs
Clip on fans
Camp chair
Pillow to autograph
Flashlight
3 drawers to organize stuff
Big container with nosh snacks noodle soups

I agree with this. I'm sending my third daughter.

It's been a couple years since my girls went, but based on speaking to my friends it does not seem to have changed.

Yes. Everyone is wearing frum store style clothes- so youre daughter will want to buy there or have you spend hours looking on Walmart/Amazon/ shein head to primark etc.
However, no hardtail needed. No brands needed. But yes, need the look.

The only brands I sent (I'm dating a daughter here) were crocs/natives / floafers. Everything else was just what I found and they did not ask for anything more. They did not care if it came from Primark, but did want the " look."

Man with the truck and basic colors have the cheapest adult clothes. Clover is also lower priced.

Other things to buy

-Basin to wash clothes in and detergent (only one laundry day, you can send less clothes if dd will hwndwash, most of dds friends did)

-Extra hangers to hang to dry

-Huge beach towel to sun outside in

-Slides ( I buy at primark, though they like Adidas if I can find a good price)

- my girls bring games like bansngrams, kichels

-leggings and cute tshirts for sleep (walmart/ target/ primark)

- never ending amount of camp time black socks.

- just lots of underclothes. Bras I bought 5 and said they need to hwndwash.

-permanent marker, tape, bandaids, ointment, bug off spray, bug itch spray, hand sanitizer. Tissues. Travel tissue.

-my girls like a thin t shirt weight hoodie to put over pj's (wal mart)

- I send several laundry bags so they can sort they're stuff as well as hosiery bags. I usually send two huge and many smaller mesh ones from dollar tree.

- print put pictures of family and bffs to hang

-in recent past you can't mail packages, girls do bring up huge containers of nosh and noodle soups. My girls tended to bring more modest size ones, but I still spent at least $50 on snacks

3 or 4 shobbos outfits. No more. They wear the same thing Friday night and shobbos day. This dd had heard from friends on other camps about shobbos clothes and was pressuring me for more, a classmate who's already gone (a fancy girl actually) set her straight and said it's " socially off" to bring more than 4 shobbos outfits. My big girls agreed. They usually were brining back dresses from the year before as I don't buy 3 or 4 new each season. No drama.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the lists!

Shower caddy like a mesh tote bag or hard basket?
Slides and natives or both?
What do the girls wear to sleep?

I have no clue what hardtail is

For clothing, she can bring some sets and some tshirts/long skirts?
Can anyone link a long skirt that typical girls wear for less than $20 or that doesn't exist?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....to=US

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:39 am
Chayalle wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801118599367.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.60.664d14ac0CSdyC&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2427.11%21US%20%2418.98%21%21%21%21%21%402103399116825123110001417e77be%2110000015677658943%21sh&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

This looks great! Did you actually buy it, do you know how it runs and washes.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 5:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the lists!

Shower caddy like a mesh tote bag or hard basket?
Slides and natives or both?
What do the girls wear to sleep?

I have no clue what hardtail is

For clothing, she can bring some sets and some tshirts/long skirts?
Can anyone link a long skirt that typical girls wear for less than $20 or that doesn't exist?

Shower caddy my girlsxlike is a mesh in a metal frame (amazon).

Slides are for shower and lounging around. So in addition. I don't know what water shoe is "in" this year.

Sleep in leggings and t shirts.

Hardtail is an expensive brand. My girls have never asked for it. Skip.

It's long skirts all the time (cuz, socks) It's been a couple years for me so I need to check on what kinds of skirts or if sets appear.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 6:11 am
this is so helpful! I am sending to BRC and wanted a good list! this is perfect.
(and its so nice to have a thread where random IMAs are not writing "why does your daughter "NEED' this stuff. mine was happy with dollar store stuff.... Banging head )

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 6:15 am
amother Seashell wrote:
This looks great! Did you actually buy it, do you know how it runs and washes.

I bought a skirt from same buyer for DD, that looks identical to this one as far as I can see. The page for the skirt DD has expired, but I found this one under the seller, so I would think it's the same.

It washes amazing. I hang it to dry. It's going to go with her to camp again, still in great condition.

iluvy

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 6:18 am
Do 8th grade girls wear knee length or long skirts?

What kind of tshirts?

Sets?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 6:51 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
I agree with this. I'm sending my third daughter.

It's been a couple years since my girls went, but based on speaking to my friends it does not seem to have changed.

Yes. Everyone is wearing frum store style clothes- so youre daughter will want to buy there or have you spend hours looking on Walmart/Amazon/ shein head to primark etc.
However, no hardtail needed. No brands needed. But yes, need the look.

The only brands I sent (I'm dating a daughter here) were crocs/natives / floafers. Everything else was just what I found and they did not ask for anything more. They did not care if it came from Primark, but did want the " look."

Man with the truck and basic colors have the cheapest adult clothes. Clover is also lower priced.

Other things to buy

-Basin to wash clothes in and detergent (only one laundry day, you can send less clothes if dd will hwndwash, most of dds friends did)

-Extra hangers to hang to dry

-Huge beach towel to sun outside in

-Slides ( I buy at primark, though they like Adidas if I can find a good price)

- my girls bring games like bansngrams, kichels

-leggings and cute tshirts for sleep (walmart/ target/ primark)

- never ending amount of camp time black socks.

- just lots of underclothes. Bras I bought 5 and said they need to hwndwash.

-permanent marker, tape, bandaids, ointment, bug off spray, bug itch spray, hand sanitizer. Tissues. Travel tissue.

-my girls like a thin t shirt weight hoodie to put over pj's (wal mart)

- I send several laundry bags so they can sort they're stuff as well as hosiery bags. I usually send two huge and many smaller mesh ones from dollar tree.

- print put pictures of family and bffs to hang

-in recent past you can't mail packages, girls do bring up huge containers of nosh and noodle soups. My girls tended to bring more modest size ones, but I still spent at least $50 on snacks

3 or 4 shobbos outfits. No more. They wear the same thing Friday night and shobbos day. This dd had heard from friends on other camps about shobbos clothes and was pressuring me for more, a classmate who's already gone (a fancy girl actually) set her straight and said it's " socially off" to bring more than 4 shobbos outfits. My big girls agreed. They usually were brining back dresses from the year before as I don't buy 3 or 4 new each season. No drama.

Thank you! So so helpful!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 6:53 am
Where online can I get cheapest maxi skirts possible that are the right type? We live oot

boysrus

Post Wed, Apr 26 2023, 10:55 am
what is hardtail?
is it a clothing brand? or a type of material?

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:15 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
Shower caddy my girlsxlike is a mesh in a metal frame (amazon).

Can you please send a link to a mesh shower caddy with a metal frame? It's been a while since I sent a kid to camp and my youngest is going this year, so my info from the past is out of date. Thank you so much!

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:25 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Can you please send a link to a mesh shower caddy with a metal frame? It's been a while since I sent a kid to camp and my youngest is going this year, so my info from the past is out of date. Thank you so much!

Bathroom Personal Organizer - 8" X 6" - Three Large Compartments to Organize Your Bathroom Accessories. The Shower Caddy Features a Drainage Hole and Carry Handle for Easy Transport. (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N.....ss_tl

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 8:28 am
amother Seashell wrote:
Bathroom Personal Organizer - 8" X 6" - Three Large Compartments to Organize Your Bathroom Accessories. The Shower Caddy Features a Drainage Hole and Carry Handle for Easy Transport. (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N.....ss_tl

Looks great - thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:19 am
How do the girls bring their stuff from the bus to their bunkhouse? Do they need to shlep 2 big duffel bags plus nosh container on their own?

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:20 am
amother OP wrote:
How do the girls bring their stuff from the bus to their bunkhouse? Do they need to shlep 2 big duffel bags plus nosh container on their own?

Yes.

bbhem5

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:51 am
Can anyone suggest or link an appropriate camera? My dd is going for the first time and she insists all the girls would have cameras that cost over $500!

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:11 pm
bbhem5 wrote:
Can anyone suggest or link an appropriate camera? My dd is going for the first time and she insists all the girls would have cameras that cost over $500!

I could also use a link. The one from last year fell and cracked so def not spending a fortune. The one think dd said it must have Bluetooth because the girls send pictures from one camera to another so everyone has the pictures they want without taking them on 15 cameras.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 6:37 pm
Thanks so much for everyone's help here!!

Asking again for more details about leggings and tshirts for sleeping - black/colored, solid/print? My daughter wears nightgowns at home but she definitely wants to fit in...

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much for everyone's help here!!

Asking again for more details about leggings and tshirts for sleeping - black/colored, solid/print? My daughter wears nightgowns at home but she definitely wants to fit in...

Solid black leggings and short sleeve tees like what Target sells for everyday summer clothes. Some have words and designs. Most girls wear their own size, not oversized, but sometimes my dd buys one or two jimbo ones from Five Below with a cute saying on it.

burgundy

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 4:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I bought a skirt from same buyer for DD, that looks identical to this one as far as I can see. The page for the skirt DD has expired, but I found this one under the seller, so I would think it's the same.

It washes amazing. I hang it to dry. It's going to go with her to camp again, still in great condition.

Thanks for posting! I'm confused about the sizing, even with the measurements. My daughter is a size 16 kids (like Tottini) or xs adult. Should I get a 16? The chart calls that 3xl or something.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps