Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Can you help me?
1  2  3  Next

mugsisme

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 9:20 pm
I am making a photo book on Shutterfly. (I got a free book, and the code expires in the 24th.) I decided to make a Jewish ABC book. This is what I have so far:
My book so far.
You don't need to sign up for a book to see what I have done. You just click on the link under the book to view the book. (There are a whole bunch of blank pages.)

I have
a-achim (brothers)
b-boobah (doll)
c-challah
d-daven
e?
f?
g-gelt
h-havdalah (will fake a picture later when it is dark)
I?
j?
K kiddush (I will take a picture of our bechors)
L?
M-menorah
n-nairos shabbos kadosh (I just realized it is in the wrong order. embarrassed )
o?
p-purim
q?
r? rest?
s-silly, serious, swinging, sweet (I have a few pix)
t?
u?
v?
w?
x?
y yarmulka
z?

TIA for any help.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:04 pm
It's gorgeous!!
t-tzitzis
w-wash our hands

mugsisme

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:21 pm
Oh excellent! I even already have a picture of my DD washing her hands!!!! Great idea. Thanks so much.

Leah

su7kids

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:32 pm
That is so awesome.

I just did one for my father and father in law of my daughter's wedding. I'm doing wedding albums this way rather than spending HUNDREDS of dollars on photographer albums.

I also did one for my granddaughter (on mypublisher.com) showing "baby signs" her mother has taught her, personalized it with pictures from her life.

I also thought of an alef beis book, or an ABC.

su7kids

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:39 pm
a-achim (brothers)
b-boobah (doll)
c-challah
d-daven
e? ESROG - Sukkos
f? FOOD - we make brochas on them
g-gelt
I?
j? - Jew - I'm a Jew and I'm proud
L? - LUCHOS
M-menorah
n-nairos shabbos kadosh (I just realized it is in the wrong order. Embarassed )
o? (If you're Chabad - Ohel)
p-purim
q? - questions - Ma Nishtana
r? rest?
t? - tzitzis, tallis, tefillin
u? - Us, our beautiful family
v? - voice - I use to praise Hashem?
w?
x?
y yarmulka
z? - znius - a beautiful way to dress! - be a little creative here or even Zaidy

Maybe some of the other people will have other ideas.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:40 pm
R=Rebbe!

whatever

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:52 pm
Leah its amazing I also got a free book can I copy you?

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:53 pm
f=family

ESB

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:16 pm
w - weather, have a picture with a beautiful clear sky. Write we thank hashem for beautiful weather.

mugsisme

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:27 pm
whatever wrote:
Leah its amazing I also got a free book can I copy you?

Yes! Please do! I have to see if I have an esrog picture any where. I have one of me with the Rebbe! I have to scan it!!! Oh, this is so exciting. I can't believe I only have two more days to pull this off.

We took some havdalah pictures.

Last year Dogster & Catser had a promotion that if you signed up for them you would get a free album. I got a beautiful leather one. I love Shutterfly! I think they do an awesome job. No affiliation with them.

su7kids

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:30 pm
another "f" can be "friends"

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:45 pm
Yeah, I also have a free book there. It's great! Shutterfly is one of the more expensive photo sites, but they have so many freebies, and are awesome quality. Smile

Just a tip- they have automatic correction on their pics, so if you don't want that, you have to disable it on all of them.
I once ordered a photobook about my son's upsherin and some pics came out really bad. Like when you auto-correct too much. Dark shadows on the face, blotchy skin... They gave me a free book to redo it, and it came out much better.

This time I'm doing "Best Brothers, Best Friends" -all the best photos of both boys together from when the younger one was born until today. Smile

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 2:26 am
W or N = washing Negel Vasser or Netilat Yadayim.

F - Friday Shabbat prep.

O - Oneg Shabbat

mugsisme

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 2:32 am
Gamzu, how do I make sure it is off? Your book sounds so cute! Will you share a link to it when it is done?

Su, I love the zaidy idea! I have a picture of Zaidy on a zebra!! Now how cute is that? Of course, it was a merry go round.

Here is my updated list:
a-achim (brothers)
b-boobah (doll)/ might do brachos
c-challah
d-daven
e? ESROG - Sukkos
f? FOOD - or family
g-gelt
I? --ISRAEL! (whah! I have no picture of Israel.)
j? - Jew - I'm a Jew and I'm proud
L? - Love (I have a gorgeous picture)
M-menorah
n-nairos shabbos kadosh (I just realized it is in the wrong order. Embarassed )
o ohel; I put a picture of Yossi's cemetary-- is that too morbid?
p-purim
q? - questions - Ma Nishtana ? (not sure how to do this one)
r rest
t - tzedakah
u? - Us, our beautiful family
v? - voice - I use to praise Hashem?
w water to wash
x?
y yarmulka
z zaidy on a zebra

I had the wrong davening picture. I need to take some pictures today. I gotta get a little sleep to. LOL.
Updated link to my book.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 2:35 am
I'd be more than happy to send you some photos of Israel... anything in particular?

Bored

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 4:16 am
how did you get a free book?

mugsisme

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 11:24 am
Do you have any of Jerusalem? (J)

I took a picture of a container of milk & honey, figuring Eretz Dvash vCholov for E.

I am moving the picture of my DD kissing her sister to V for V'ahavta lerai'acha.

For U, I was thinking Upsherin. I just have to find some of the older pictures of the boys upsherin.

Does Ohel only stand for where the Rebbe was buried, does it refer to any cemetery? Ironically, my son was also buried in Sir Moses Montifore Cemetery.

My 5 year old suggested I take a picture of her (stuffed) Torah for T. How cute is that??

Then of course, as we were singing modeh ani this morning, I thought, Gee, wouldn't it be cute to make a siddur with pictures of my DD? Maybe for next time.

To get a free book, you need to sign up for a shutterfly account, and buy stuff once in a while. there is a site called slickdeals.net that has a shutterfly thread. They list when there are promotions and stuff. I believe I have enough pamper points to get a free book too. There are a lot of ways to get a free book, and every once in a while, Shutterfly sends out free things. I have gotten 11x15 posters, collages, free prints, etc. Actually, I have two accounts. My DD has two accounts (I don't know why she signed up with two), and my other DD signed up for an account. I ended up with two because I signed up once for my in-laws, and they had signed up on their own. So I just kept the second one for me.
Leah

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 11:34 am

The above two are of Jaffa Gate and Migdal David.

The next is the Kotel

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 11:59 am
I like the V'ahavta for V. Smile
You're not really going to get anything for X... maybe "We always want to do Xtra mitzvos..." What

To turn it off in your albums, click Enhance on one of the pics. On the page where you can crop, on the left side you should click on remove auto correction for this photo. after you do that, choose "apply this effect to other pictures in this album."

But once you imported them to your book, you have to do it individually in there.
I forgot how it goes- click or right click on the picture so the menu pops up (to crop, center, rotate it.) I think there will be an option there to remove auto-correct. But you have to do it to every pic individually.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 2:50 pm
Do you have an Israeli flag yesha?

I took out all the pictures by S, and will take a picture of seforim! Isn't that better?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art