Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Scentify and other diffusers are toxic!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:17 am
A few months ago my neighbor bought these Scentify plug-ins and put them all over her house. Every time I go into her house I feel like I’m choking on the smell and if I’m there too long I get a headache. When I come home the smell is stuck to my coat and my clothes.
She also convinced other neighbors to buy it and they are all loving the new fancy smells.
Anyway I just opened up mishloach manos that this neighbor gave me and took a big bite- and started gagging. It tastes like the Scentify spray!! It must have been spraying in the kitchen while she was baking. I’m so nauseous.
These are toxic chemicals we are talking about!!

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:26 am
YES! This is a frum trend I am ready to say goodbye to. I don't use them, and I prefer not to shop in stores that have them.

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:28 am
I use the zent one and it’s made from natural oils - nothing artificial….

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:34 am
My sister has them all-over her house and I can't step in there. I gag and get dizzy. Everything tastes and smells from it. She's complaining of headaches and she refuses to believe that it's coming from that.

freilich

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:35 am
amother Cherry wrote:
can you please share a link. I'm allergic to the others. Get sick from them.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:40 am
amother Cherry wrote:

I just don't think people realize how off-putting these are to guests, natural or not. Is there a way to turn it off when people are coming over?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:47 am
amother Cherry wrote:
There is no way in the world these are just essential oils.

I checked what I think is their website and it says a blend of perfumes and essential oils.

Fragrances are notoriously mislabeled. They are all toxic.

Unless you are buying essential oils yourself from a reputable brand. And I doubt any of these people or stores would go for those smells. They are very medicinal and distinctive.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:54 am
Yes. I know of a family that has crazy reactions to it. Dizziness, migraines... they thought it’s mold or a gas leak. It was one of these plug in diffusers.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:57 am
I keep them only in the bathroom, you think that’s an issue? What do you use to descent the bathroom instead?

I would never put one in the kitchen, yuck. Or anywhere other than the bathroom. I figure no one is spending much time in the bathroom anyway.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:57 am
amother Cherry wrote:

Do some research. Just because it's a natural oil doesn't mean it's natural for it to be dispersed into the air and breathed in for long.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:59 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
I keep them only in the bathroom, you think that’s an issue? What do you use to descent the bathroom instead?

I would never put one in the kitchen, yuck. Or anywhere other than the bathroom. I figure no one is spending much time in the bathroom anyway.

We have a spray air freshener. I expect people to spray it after they've smelled up the bathroom. There's also natural things like coffee grounds that absorb bad smells.

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:00 am
I use Aera and all their scents are safe n terms of ingredients used. Some gorgeous fragrances as well ranging from romantic florals to White Tea which is used to scent the public spaces of upscale hotel chain

They also have agreements with some companies like Laundress which have some divine choices. But they also have fun choices like Beach House or Paris.

https://www.aeraforhome.com/pages/faq

What's in Aera fragrances?
We use high-quality essential oils in our fragrances. Pure, safe synthetics are also used when an essential oil is known to be allergenic, unsustainable, or has not received safety clearance from IFRA (International Fragrance Association). We voluntarily adhere to and even surpass strict health and ecological restrictions. All fragrance ingredients are approved by IFRA (International Fragrance Association) and are compliant with the safety standards for continuous inhalation 8 hrs. a day/7 days a week for a natural lifetime. We are also 100% transparent with what we use in our fragrances. Find complete ingredient lists here.

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:05 am
amother Lightblue wrote:

but then you get an overdose sitting in there.

bnm

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:06 am
I have been complaining about plugins for years. My friend has to unnplug the one in her car before I sit in.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:11 am
Omg some of the stores in Lakewood.
Please it is disgusting how much of the smell is in the air. I can’t breathe. I sound like an old lady karen but I’m still young. I leave the store I smell it all day.

Just no. I understand wanting a light good smell in your store. But for the love of all things good - take it down about 20 notches. 🤮

I had Zent in my house. At first I liked it. Then it was just overdone and gross.

Your house can smell good and homey like the rest of us.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:17 am
Amarante wrote:
I use Aera and all their scents are safe n terms of ingredients used. Some gorgeous fragrances as well ranging from romantic florals to White Tea which is used to scent the public spaces of upscale hotel chain

They also have agreements with some companies like Laundress which have some divine choices. But they also have fun choices like Beach House or Paris.

https://www.aeraforhome.com/pages/faq

What's in Aera fragrances?
We use high-quality essential oils in our fragrances. Pure, safe synthetics are also used when an essential oil is known to be allergenic, unsustainable, or has not received safety clearance from IFRA (International Fragrance Association). We voluntarily adhere to and even surpass strict health and ecological restrictions. All fragrance ingredients are approved by IFRA (International Fragrance Association) and are compliant with the safety standards for continuous inhalation 8 hrs. a day/7 days a week for a natural lifetime. We are also 100% transparent with what we use in our fragrances. Find complete ingredient lists here.
"Pure safe synthetic" fragrance is like an oxymoron

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:18 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
"Pure safe synthetic" fragrance is like an oxymoron

That is a ridiculous statement as there are lots of man made substances that are safe and not every natural substance is safe. There are lots of natural poisons. 😂

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:19 am
I don’t own any air fresheners or plug ins ppl go to the bathroom they leave the door open it airs out in a minute not worth the migraines - hopefully ppl wash their hands with soap I have nice smelling ones that are not too poisonous and it covers up the smell a bit

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:19 am
Bake apples. You house will smell amazing.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:20 am
My dd goes to her friends house to play when she gets home her clothes reek of the diffuser they use for hours afterwards only comes off when I put her clothes in the wash
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics