Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Scentify and other diffusers are toxic!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 12:54 pm
There is a local grocery store in Monsey they have 2 locations and they also have these scentify sprays, they have it on the ceiling and it keeps spraying very often.
All their fruits/vegetables and baked goods from the bakery tastes like the scent, it’s horrific! In one location they have an open salad bar I once purchased a salad for $35 and could not even swallow one bite!
Aside from it being so unhealthy the scent is so strong and suffocating!

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 12:54 pm
I have the centify plug ins and they are not overwhelming. I have them strategically placed that they don’t end up near our food or anyone’s face. And I don’t have too many of them. Just enough to give the house a nice light scent. Maybe people are putting too many of them in their home and not placing them properly.

Edit: I do not have them running through my AC duct like the stores and many people with extra large homes are doing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 3:56 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
There is a local grocery store in Monsey they have 2 locations and they also have these scentify sprays, they have it on the ceiling and it keeps spraying very often.
All their fruits/vegetables and baked goods from the bakery tastes like the scent, it’s horrific! In one location they have an open salad bar I once purchased a salad for $35 and could not even swallow one bite!

The only store I can think of with 2 locations is evergreen… I never noticed a diffuser smell in the store but I do always buy their salads 😳
Did you tell customer service that the salad tasted like the spray?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:04 pm
I bought a Scentify, put it in a large room, on the lowest setting. My house smelled lovely but I got migraines, so I unplugged it.

I don't get the same reaction from diffusers with reed sticks; those I'm comfortable having in bedrooms/bathrooms.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:13 pm
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. I get headaches when shopping in all frum stores and when hanging out at friends homes. It's bad enough that I am sensitive to perfume!
I hope it's just a trend and will pass.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:16 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
What do you use to descent the bathroom instead?

Just a good ol’ exhaust fan 😁

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Aqua wrote:

You got me stuck on the salad...what kind of salad costs $35?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:22 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
You got me stuck on the salad...what kind of salad costs $35?

A salmon quinoa sweet potato with feta salad? Something along these lines…

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:23 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
A salmon quinoa sweet potato with feta salad? Something along these lines…

Wow ok. Sorry you had to throw it out!

lora

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:25 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I keep them only in the bathroom, you think that’s an issue? What do you use to descent the bathroom instead?

I would never put one in the kitchen, yuck. Or anywhere other than the bathroom. I figure no one is spending much time in the bathroom anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/Munchki.....r=8-2 these are cheap and as far as I know perfectly safe.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:26 pm
If you want your bathroom to smell good, clean it!

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 4:30 pm
make me feel sick too!
I think some people who use them get desensitized and have no idea how strong the perfume fragrance is in their home
and yes some people cannot tolerate perfumes!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:31 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Just bc its a MLM means its toxic and full of garbage? People have to make money...

https://www.fda.gov/inspection.....02022

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:51 pm
A vote a big no to any house fragrances. It's not worth the risk to your health.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:56 pm
Are perfumes dangerous to wear too?

JenniferK

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:13 pm
What does MLM stand for?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:38 am
Ugh the scents are killing me. I didn't have asthma attacks for 10 years. Then suddenly everyone started scenting everything I have attacks almost every day. I can't go to shul I can't use a bathroom in the hospital couldn't find an unscented one in urgent care can't go to half my friends' houses can't take used clothes anymore and I'm this close to banning my daughter's best friend because every time she comes in the house I wheeze her mother uses so much fabric softener and scents. I went into her house I couldn't breathe. My daughter can't go there anymore because I can't get the scent out of her hair and it gives me asthma attacks. I don't shop in person any more and these stupid scents are at DRS OFFICES where asthmatics also need to get medical care. I went to hear Megilla this woman walked in wearing a cloud of perfume I had a massive asthma attack in the middle of Megilla it was so embarrassing and I had to go outside and listen from outside the window. Last year I had a terrible asthma attack after my husband came home from shul and the airwick had broken open and some was on his clothes. I couldn't breathe at all used the inhaler and still ended up needing to call 911.

My daughter had an anaphylactic reaction to scented soap in camp last summer. She kept getting exposed to different scents in camp after the 3rd or 4th anaphylactic reaction I pulled her from camp.

If you want your bathroom to smell nice clean it. The chemical soup doesn't smell nice.

And fragrance oils are the same. Perfume is bad. I never react to actually natural essential oils and very very few people do. There are natural perfumes out there. Pacifica isn't one of them.

These chemicals deaden your sense of smell so you can't tell how much you reek. Then you buy more and more and think it's very light.

But really. Ask yourself. Is it worth you killing someone or causing migraines all around you to 'smell nice'?

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:26 am
My company had us try these zent/scentify and we hated it, smells fake and very strong we unplugged them after an hour and we haven't used them since.

I can't stand unnatural smells and chemicals it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous.

These sprays are healthy at all.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:46 am
I used to have a zent working and was getting sharp stabbing headaches. Since I unplugged it the headaches have disappeared.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:53 am
amother Aqua wrote:

I can't shop in that store for this reason. I gag on t he smell when I come in
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics