Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Fed up with filter deciding what I can see
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:18 pm
Why does my filter get to decide exactly what's appropriate for me and what not?

I just asked to open Frieda Vizel's website and the filter came back that it's rejected. Umm what? I'm paying you for a service and if I ask it to be opened I want it opened.

I've had a few such instances were they came back saying nope you can't open that, and none of it was p-rn or the like. Like an article about s-xual abuse. They didn't want to open for me.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:41 pm
You didn’t want to trust yourself so you got a policeman to watch you so now you have to follow his rules..

little neshamala

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why does my filter get to decide exactly what's appropriate for me and what not?

I just asked to open Frieda Vizel's website and the filter came back that it's rejected. Umm what? I'm paying you for a service and if I ask it to be opened I want it opened.

I've had a few such instances were they came back saying nope you can't open that, and none of it was p-rn or the like. Like an article about s-xual abuse. They didn't want to open for me.

This is ridiculous. Im sorry you have to deal with this.
Get your own filter, that both you and your husband have passwords to. And no one else. You can unlock and control your own things as you like.

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:46 pm
Ha I spent a good few minutes this morning looking for instructions to play Trouble, but everything was blocked. I don't take it so personally, why does it bother you so much? Call them if u really need access to the page.

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:48 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
You didn’t want to trust yourself so you got a policeman to watch you so now you have to follow his rules..

Where in Judaism is there a precedent to trust yourself when it comes to arayot?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 4:51 pm
hodeez wrote:
Where in Judaism is there a precedent to trust yourself when it comes to arayot?

Exactly.
Al taamin batzmecha ad yom moscha

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:26 pm
I have gentech filter. I went through with them what to block and what not. It's usually quite acurate. Sometimes it's annoying. Like when I'm looking for nude color shoes and it's blocked lol. But I can have them unlock it. For the most part it's pretty spot on.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:28 pm
So have them unblock things. And if you don’t have to get that specific one you can get a regular one ( meaning not a Jewish one ) and you tell it what to black list yourself.

music123

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:51 pm
with a good filter you should be able to have a code an if rejected, email a real person who can unlock for you. it should only take another minute

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:54 pm
hodeez wrote:

It isn't arayot if you have any other filter or if you use safesearch and all.
Should we all also only walk out the door with a partner making sure we don't step into a brothel?

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:59 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
It isn't arayot if you have any other filter or if you use safesearch and all.
Should we all also only walk out the door with a partner making sure we don't step into a brothel?

Not true because safe search and other basic filters still let through shmutz from news websites and ads

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:00 pm
OP unless your have a p*rn addiction yourself there’s no reason you can’t get your own filter for which you can adjust the criteria as needed.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:12 pm
hodeez wrote:
Not true because safe search and other basic filters still let through shmutz from news websites and ads

The only shmutz that comes through is based on your previous searches. If you keep your searches clean, everything else remains clean.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:13 pm
hodeez wrote:

Where in Judaism is there a precedent to police other people?

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:14 pm
hodeez wrote:

Only if you look for those. There's no shmutz from ads unless your device is compromised.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:33 pm
hodeez wrote:

Hashem says (you say it too presumable in shema every day lol) Lo sasuru acharei l’vavchem v’acharei eineochem…
if He is commanding us not do this then
A. It’s something that we may be tempted to do
And
B. It’s something that we have within our control to not do!

Hkbh does not command us to do things are not possible.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
I have gentech filter. I went through with them what to block and what not. It's usually quite acurate. Sometimes it's annoying. Like when I'm looking for nude color shoes and it's blocked lol. But I can have them unlock it. For the most part it's pretty spot on.

Oh please . They are such a frustrating filter . I have it and when I ask them to unlock it can take hours for them to respond. Also whatever is unlocked doesn’t remain permanently unlocked and it’s super frustrating. Yet stuff I don’t WANT access to , it does allow.

hodeez

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:37 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Hashem says (you say it too presumable in shema every day lol) Lo sasuru acharei l’vavchem v’acharei eineochem…
And

Ein apitropus la'arayot

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:38 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
And

That is telling US personally not to chase after the temptations. That is not telling us to police other people to make sure that they don't transgress. This is a message for self-responsibility, not a public grab of power and control.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:40 pm
music123 wrote:
with a good filter you should be able to have a code an if rejected, email a real person who can unlock for you. it should only take another minute

Right, I do have that and much of the time they quickly unblock it, but sometimes they decide that something can't be allowed and they send me an email saying the access request is rejected. That's what I have a problem with.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics