Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Where do you live and do you like it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:38 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Kew garden hills

Thanks, I've never been to the US Smile

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:43 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
I just moved here we’re actually moving in today !!!

Welcome!! I hope u will really like it. It’s a great place!

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:45 pm
FYI, my friend moved out of KGHs and it is her biggest regret. She loved it.
Moved for space and figure she could make her happiness anywhere, but really really misses KGH.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:10 pm
Manchester Uk. Moved here from London, and although I do miss London, Manchester is a peaceful place to live.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:26 pm
Stamford Hill, London uk. I love living here! You could get onto a red double decker bus right here in Stamford Hill and within 45 minutes you are in Central London! Public transport is amazing and cheap. I wish I could live here forever but housing prices are so outrageous wether buying or renting so once we outgrow our rental we’ll have to see...

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
I find that either you're Chofetz Chaim or Bucharian/Russian. And we aren't part of CC, and we aren't Bucharian/Russian. So we just dont fit in.

I want to make aliyah soon. We dont have anything here Sad

I'm sorry.

I guess you've tried lots of different shuls? I always thought that there's something for everyone here.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:04 pm
I live in Paris, France. It’s nice but I wouldn’t mind moving.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:18 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Another Baltimoron. It isn’t crowded, but I think we have to decide if we’re in town or out of town. Right now we have the best of both worlds with sky high tuition and sky high housing prices and expensive food.
I LOVE that you wrote Baltimoron, you are truly one of us lol. And I don't get this whole "in-town" thing

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:24 pm
I live in N Miami and I absolutely love it. Sometimes I still can't believe that I live in such a beautiful state.

Where I live isn't stunning, but the beach is a 10 minute drive away, and I'm so happy not to deal with cold weather. My kids wear their clothing and shoes until they outgrow them, not until the weather forces me to change it.

The community is very chill, not judgemental and there's really space for everyone to just be and not be judged for anything.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:16 pm
Another Boston ima here-
I second what the first Bostonian said.
Although in response to the ima who said it’s just our roads no one likes… forget about the roads. Our drivers are scary!!!

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:27 pm
RBSA and love it!

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Gray wrote:
I'm sorry.

I guess you've tried lots of different shuls? I always thought that there's something for everyone here.

Yeah. We're moving in the summer iyh

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:46 pm
I live in Boro Park.

I like it because everything is local and I don't need to drive.

I also enjoy the business of city life. I like action more than quite.

What I don't like abt Boro Park is the lack of authenticity and individuality. (I can't say that on all of Boro Park residents, but on most) Where most ppl are trying to fit into a certain "bracket/box" . I can't handle how people are so judgemental and are not their real selves.

It literally drives me nuts watching how when it comes to making a decision, what first comes to ppl’s mind is "how will it affect my name/reputation" vs. "What is the right thing to do for myself".

Oh. And the staring? The parents don't see an issue with it because they themselves do the same thing. Basic social skills: when you walk in the street, walk in the direction your headed to, and look that way. It does not require for you to look up and down - from head to toe (literally) at every single person you pass.

I would love to live in a nice oot community, but I am chassidish and mosdos is very important to me. So for now we are here Smile

DallasIma

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:52 pm
I live in Dallas (North Eruv) and I absolutely love it!

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:59 pm
First one to chime in here from West Hempstead, Long Island, NY.
Loooove it.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:06 pm
Surprised that nobody has mentioned Cleveland yet.

Moved here relatively recently and while it does have it's challenges, it's an incredible community and we are very happy here.

Though I will say that a typical winter can be very isolating, as it can be hard to get out.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:01 am
I live in bp and mostly love it. Love that everything is at the tip of my fingers and don't need a car to go anywhere can walk or uber.
Hate that it's a dirty city and I often see mice/rats

But my family is here and I love the convenience of all of it

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:40 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Boston!
Absolutely love it. Love the schools and even the fact that we have less access to gashmius. The kids obviously love our trips into Monsey/Lakewood for shopping but, as they say as we're leaving, "If we lived in town we would quickly become very fat and very poor!" (Too much incredible food! Too much access to . . . Everything and everything. There's something to say, as a frum yid in gulus, that maybe it's okay not to have access to every comfort under the sun.
We love the warmer feel out of town. It's a very wholesome place to raise kids. Yet, they "pass" along side their In-Town friends and family. The only thing that gives us away when we're in Lakewood is that we smile at strangers! 😂

I love Boston. I loved there for a bit. I really want to move back but it’s soooo expensive!
The community is awesome!

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:48 am
amother Oleander wrote:
South Blooming Grove.
Really like it here. We still go back to kj for basically everything. As of now SBG is a bedroom community. But it's about to change. We recently had someone open a grocery (thank you yoel Roth!) And lots of malls and other amenities coming up including a convalescence home....
Only thing that needs to be worked on is schools. Can't wait for those!

Grew up and lived in Williamsburg for a few years as an adult. Liked it while I was there. But I didn't know what I was missing. Then I moved to kj for a few years. I was absolutely miserable. Its a nice place but I lived in a very non private condo and it really was NOT for me. I miss some of my lovely neighbors. The convenient and very frequent public transportation and more.

Were here for a few years already. It's only getting better bh!!!
Hi fellow BG’er! Very Happy
Love it here too! Love the peace and quiet. I’m a Brooklyn’er originally too. And I rarely go to kj... I relied on peppermint online orders till last month and amazon/Walmart.com pretty much for the rest LOL

Wave to me in mintleaf Hi

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:50 am
Crazy that no one mentioned my new place. It is because they all don’t like it OR because they have such fulfilling lives they don’t seem to have time for imamother LOL
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics