Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Where do you live and do you like it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Reality

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:07 am
I love living in RBS!

amf

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:08 am
amother Mocha wrote:
I live in Waterbury and I'm sooooo happy here!

Would love to hear more! Can you tell me about it or pm me?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:39 am
Monsey. Not bad, being that I have some family close by.

Not being matzliach with income, rent is excruciatingly high. Shopping is at the fingertips, yet expensive.

Having special needs children, there are good funding available, yet no where to use the funding to actually help out my kids. Schools are a challenge to find for HF-ASD DS.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:59 am
Cleveland
Thank You, Hashem

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:03 am
Indiana. Not many amenities, not super pretty, but... it's probably the most affordable place in the US.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:16 am
Kiryas Joel. It’s okay if you’re used to it.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:20 am
amother Pink wrote:
I live in Monsey. It's okay, definitely has its plusses and minuses. I used to live in Brooklyn and despite the drawbacks of the city, I miss it.

I moved to suffern from monsey cause I couldn’t afford monsey no more and I am monsey born and bred I would go to the city anytime if I could afford it.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:24 am
amother Natural wrote:
It makes me so happy to hear that ppl love where they live because I am very unhappy in my neighborhood which I don't want to name.

Same here.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:25 am
I live in Dimona, Israel. I love it here. Everyone is so warm and friendly- Dati and chiloni.

top mom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:32 am
Yerushalayim, love it more with each passing year bh Smile

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:30 am
amother Freesia wrote:
of you fit mind me asking, how did you end up im Itamar? Were you born there?

Nope, I'm an olah. Smile

Story is long. The short of it is that we found Itamar through visiting good friends. We found here our life purpose, and a wonderful community for us and our kids. So we're pretty pleased.

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:30 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Kiryas Joel. It’s okay if you’re used to it.

South Blooming Grove.
Really like it here. We still go back to kj for basically everything. As of now SBG is a bedroom community. But it's about to change. We recently had someone open a grocery (thank you yoel Roth!) And lots of malls and other amenities coming up including a convalescence home....
Only thing that needs to be worked on is schools. Can't wait for those!

Grew up and lived in Williamsburg for a few years as an adult. Liked it while I was there. But I didn't know what I was missing. Then I moved to kj for a few years. I was absolutely miserable. Its a nice place but I lived in a very non private condo and it really was NOT for me. I miss some of my lovely neighbors. The convenient and very frequent public transportation and more.

Were here for a few years already. It's only getting better bh!!!

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:31 am
I'm so happy to see so many people living it up where they live. I live in monsey and hate it. A lot of unfriendly people (where I live) and I always wish I have more people to do outings with, or party , or do anything fun. It's nothing major here at all . A very quiet place. I wish to move to a different city. Now after I saw people mentioning baltomore (not sure if I spelled it correctly) it got me thinking that it might not be a bad idea for us to look into. Is school situation hard to get in there? I'm honestly very miserable in monsey. I don't have family here either, And shabbos and yt is the hardest that I'm always in my house since I have no where to go, never get invited anywhere. I'm wishing to move to a more welcoming , friendlier, community that feels like family.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:52 am
amother Phlox wrote:
I'm so happy to see so many people living it up where they live. I live in monsey and hate it. A lot of unfriendly people (where I live) and I always wish I have more people to do outings with, or party , or do anything fun. It's nothing major here at all . A very quiet place. I wish to move to a different city. Now after I saw people mentioning baltomore (not sure if I spelled it correctly) it got me thinking that it might not be a bad idea for us to look into. Is school situation hard to get in there? I'm honestly very miserable in monsey. I don't have family here either, And shabbos and yt is the hardest that I'm always in my house since I have no where to go, never get invited anywhere. I'm wishing to move to a more welcoming , friendlier, community that feels like family.

I live in Baltimore and am very happy here. One downside is that it's not a very lively place. Restaurants close early. But people are so warm and there is a very strong community feel here.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:59 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
Second for Cincinnati!!! Love it too!

Third for Cincinnati. Would love to get an MO school option here. But other than that, we love the community.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:59 am
I’m also happy to see so many people who love where they live! I’m not thrilled about living in Brooklyn but there are too many factors keeping us here. I dream of moving to a rural community but it’s unlikely before retirement.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:00 am
amother Papaya wrote:
I live in Baltimore and am very happy here. One downside is that it's not a very lively place. Restaurants close early. But people are so warm and there is a very strong community feel here.

Thanks for chiming in. Nice! How are the neighborhoods? And what do people do in the summer? Is it kid friendly? Do kids play on the streets? Do women have get together? Is it nit hard to get into schools?

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:11 am
Another vote for chicago. I’m really happy with so many things here, especially the schools and living near family.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:22 am
Ok in Philly

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:28 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Thanks for chiming in. Nice! How are the neighborhoods? And what do people do in the summer? Is it kid friendly? Do kids play on the streets? Do women have get together? Is it nit hard to get into schools?

A different Baltimore amother here (I replied earlier in thread). What do you mean when you ask what do people do in the summer? They work if they have jobs, kids go to camp or stay home. I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are asking about the culture where people go away for the summer - no BH, that's not a thing here.

Kids can't play in the street, cars drive in the street. Kids shouldn't be playing in the street anywhere.

Schools are mostly community based and we don't have the games you see in the other cities, so there is none of this "the right school for my type" here. But also, the schools are all pretty good, so you really can't go wrong anywhere. The tricky part is if you have a kid who has learning or behavior needs. The schools work with learning needs, not so much with severe behavior issues.

The neighborhoods - everyone lives with everyone else and for the most part our schools are very mixed just like the blocks. And we like it that way.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics