Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If you don’t have a pesach kitchen…
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:41 pm
How do you store your pesach stuff year round?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:44 pm
in our basement. I think in our old house it might have been in a closet, I don't remember. Growing up I believe it was in a closet. we were in a apartment with no pesach kitchen.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you store your pesach stuff year round?

In boxes in storage

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:50 pm
In storage bins or cabinets in another room or the basement.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:51 pm
In the attic.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:10 pm
It all goes into a "spare" bedroom closet, filling it floor to ceiling. My parents had theirs on high shelves in my dad's clothes closet and the cabinet above the fridge, which nobody ever went into because it was so hard to access. My BFF's kitchen cabinets don't go all the way up to the ceiling, and her Pesach stuff goes into cardboard cartons that slide into the space below the ceiling. A neighbor of mine has the same kitchen I have but she has two more cabinets, so that's where she has her Pesach stuff. My mil stored everything in cartons in the basement, as does my machatenesteh. My other BFF has cartons stashed away on high shelves of every closet in the house. What would we all do without corrugated cartons?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:47 pm
In the cabinet above my fridge in the kitchen and then in the garage in storage bins

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:24 am
In the storage closet

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:48 am
amother Chicory wrote:
In the attic.

On the same team Climb!

Climb the ladder and bring down, and then bring back up!

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:10 am
We stored it at my mother’s for the first 3 years.
30 min drive to pick it up, 30 min back after pesach. I still have a box of Tupperware in my car that never got unloaded last year. 😂

We’re in a house now, so it will probably go in the basement. We keep it in plastic tubs or the boxes things came in.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:12 am
Have a nice size (not huge, but nice si ze) kitchen. Allocated a few small cabinets for pesach. Rest is in basement

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:55 am
When I was growing up we used to keep it in the loft, and it was a whole ceremony bringing it down. My father was up and down the ladder, and the rest of us were divided among the two staircases to bring boxes down the stairs. My mother waited in the kitchen to unpack it.

Later the toy shelves in the kitchen were replaced by a pesach cupboard which held some of the stuff, and the rest was stored in big red plastic boxes under the stairs. It was a lot more practical, but not so much fun.

Now I have a pesach cupboard in the kitchen, and anything which doesn't fit there goes in the machsan.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:19 pm
Now I have a pesach kitchen and some stuff are stored there. Mostly only baking stuff and supplies. I made cabinets in my kitchen specifically for pesach around and on top of my fridge. That's where everything else is.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:27 pm
Used to be multiple trips carrying heavy boxes up and down two flights of stairs. BH, I finally put my foot down, and a coat closet was repurposed for Pesach storage. Coats go on hooks. One of the best decisions in household management I ever made.

ddmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:28 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
In the attic.

Me too!

Simple1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:33 pm
In the attic. We used to put in the basement when we had one. I know someone who stores it in the highest kitchen cabinets like above the fridge.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:41 pm
In boxes in the garage.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:42 pm
In the shed. It’s literally a whole kitchen!

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:47 pm
Machsan

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:58 pm
My laundry room is right beside my kitchen, and there are built-in cabinets over the washer/dryer (came with the house). I store my Pesach dishes and glassware there. I put pots and other items in the garage. For Pesach, I empty out my pot cabinet. I move chometz pots to a box in the garage, line the cabinet, and move in my Pesach pots. That's the only switch I make. Dishes stay in the cabinets in the laundry room.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics