Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why does chemed pay someone to hand out masks?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:38 pm
And take your temperature? They don’t even look at the thermometer. One time I thought the person was just absent minded but each time I go , the person beeps the thermometer near your forehead and doesn’t look at the temperature- just puts it by the next persons head. Oh, and if I’m sick and do have fever, will they not let me in to see the doctor? So what’s the point of taking temperatures?
And why can’t they just leave a box of masks by the door with a sign saying everyone must wear a mask?
I don’t get it.
Was there today and had the same questions last month when I was there.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:39 pm
That’s really odd. I thought that stopped being a thing over a year ago.

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:51 pm
Lol same reason why insurance company calls me to make sure I get my annual screening (it's a real person, not a robo call)

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:53 pm
Stop supporting places like that.
NJ does not require masks, by law. It's Chemeds choice & if you comment enough, maybe they will stop.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:58 pm
I’m sure they are getting compensated for it somehow. Just like there is someone sitting at my NYPL watching the free at home Covid tests that no one is taking

CPenzias

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:59 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Lol same reason why insurance company calls me to make sure I get my annual screening (it's a real person, not a robo call)

Same. They started blabbing about the covid booster and I didn't even have the energy to say anything so I just hung up. I feel bad because I know it's a person on the other side but leave me alone

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
And take your temperature? They don’t even look at the thermometer. One time I thought the person was just absent minded but each time I go , the person beeps the thermometer near your forehead and doesn’t look at the temperature- just puts it by the next persons head. Oh, and if I’m sick and do have fever, will they not let me in to see the doctor? So what’s the point of taking temperatures?
And why can’t they just leave a box of masks by the door with a sign saying everyone must wear a mask?
I don’t get it.

They can see the temp as soon as they put it by your head
And if they see someone has temp they’ll send you in to the separate Covid testing entrance.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
NJ does not require masks, by law. It's Chemeds choice & if you comment enough, maybe they will stop.

Can you please point me to the source for that? All medical facilities I've been to in NJ (as recently as last week!) still adhere to mask mandates "as per CDC regulations"

I've attempted to find out where those regulations are specified and can't find it...

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:16 pm
amother Diamond wrote:

NJ, by law, still requires masks in medical facilities. Many local offices have loosened or completely let go of the requirements but have you left Lakewood recently? Or been to a hospital? Still very much in full force outside your bubble.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:19 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
They can see the temp as soon as they put it by your head
And if they see someone has temp they’ll send you in to the separate Covid testing entrance.

No, as the woman pressed the button on the thermometer her head was turned. I know she did not see the results multiple times. There was a small line of people and I watched how she didn’t look at the thermometer when she pushed the button each time.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:21 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
NJ, by law, still requires masks in medical facilities. Many local offices have loosened or completely let go of the requirements but have you left Lakewood recently? Or been to a hospital? Still very much in full force outside your bubble.

Can you please show me the source where it's still required by law? Not disputing, just want to see it for myself

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Diamond wrote:

I’m not complaining about wearing a mask… that’s a separate topic. I’m wondering why they would pay someone to stand by the door and hand them out when they can easily leave a box near the entrance for people to take one. I do think it’s a requirement in medical offices.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, as the woman pressed the button on the thermometer her head was turned. I know she did not see the results multiple times. There was a small line of people and I watched how she didn’t look at the thermometer when she pushed the button each time.

Our home thermometer has a different sounding beep when it registers as fever. Maybe the Chemed one does as well? (although the last time we were there my kid did have fever and they still directed us to the waiting area What Scratching Head )

GLUE

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not complaining about wearing a mask… that’s a separate topic. I’m wondering why they would pay someone to stand by the door and hand them out when they can easily leave a box near the entrance for people to take one. I do think it’s a requirement in medical offices.

If they had a box by the door nobody would take one

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 11:54 pm
I would guess they got some kind of grant for covid prevention or are getting government money

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:07 am
Why does Walmart pay someone to greet customers at the door? What

My pharmacy adds a covid test every time we get a prescription delivery. I have a very strong suspicion it's because I have medicaid and they make money so why not?
I once called and asked why they gave it to me. Employee answered the government is giving them out.
If anyone needs, I have a dozen tests currently sitting in a cabinet! LOL

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t get it.

Lol I was there just today and thinking the same. I don't even think she looked at the thermometer. And I went once recently when I had fever ,they didn't notice and let me straight in

amother
Green

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:11 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:

My pharmacy adds a covid test every time we get a prescription delivery. I have a very strong suspicion it's because I have medicaid and they make money so why not?
I once called and asked why they gave it to me. Employee answered the government is giving them out.
If anyone needs, I have a dozen tests currently sitting in a cabinet! LOL

Lol, I once asked for a rx to be delivered… and I got a delivery of two covid tests and no abx. Reached out to the pharmacy and they said oh your abx are being sent out soon 🤔

But the free covid test thing is ending when the PHE ends Smile so soon covid tests might be valuable LOL

GLUE

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:18 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Why does Walmart pay someone to greet customers at the door? What

They found that putting a senior citizen by the door to greet people lowers shoplifting.
Yes, they did a whole study to see if putting someone by the door makes a difference. They tried from nobody, an armed guard and many other people different genders and ages, and found that having a senior citizen by the front door greeting people cuts down shoplifting.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:41 am
For everyone looking for 'proof':
This was the response from NJ State Senator Declan O Scanlan when asked by someone about CHEMED blaming masks on state law. I follow TLS & him.

The cdc recommended masking. They are not law. DOH might demand masking in long term care facilities, not sure.

NY even dropped it recently in all healthcare facilities. NJ doesn't have to officially drop it because it was never a thing to begin with.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries