Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Late hours

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:00 pm
I got an offer for a teaching job in the afternoon. Me teaching in the afternoon (plus maybe more hours in the morning) would give me a tuition discount, and they would have a baby class (that we have to pay for) for teachers babies. But this means getting home close to 5…with little kids. Seems intense to me but it might be worth the discount. Any thoughts?

ImmaBubby

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:31 pm
If you’re organized enough to make sure that supper is ready before you leave, every day, it could definitely work. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:37 pm
Right. But what about my littles? Is it not enough rest/play/bond time?

ImmaBubby

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:56 pm
I feel like if you’re calm and nourished, it can be very good quality time. I did it for years- not that I was always calm, but people make it work.
The tuition break and care for you baby make for a compelling reason to try it!

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:25 am
Personally I have late hours (I work in high school) but my kids are early risers and we have quality time in the morning for hours before they get too school so I think it’s ok.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:27 am
Mornings don’t have enough time for that kind of chill/bonding time. Then again it’s only four days a week that I’m coming home late… I just feel bad that my kids/baby will only get to hang out with me for an hour before the dinner/bath/bed rush, and could be I’ll use that hour to put up last min dinner for a few min.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Mornings don’t have enough time for that kind of chill/bonding time. Then again it’s only four days a week that I’m coming home late… I just feel bad that my kids/baby will only get to hang out with me for an hour before the dinner/bath/bed rush, and could be I’ll use that hour to put up last min dinner for a few min.

The only way to take such a job is if you organize your day that you're ready in the morning. You can't come home with kids and then start making supper. Btdt (and quit)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics