Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is this concerning?
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
You could be right.
But I think you’re reading a lot into what could be nothing. Lots of assumptions and judgments. Even some assumptions on her character based on her clothing. I think this is a little overboard.

A LITTLE?

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 7:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, thats comforting.
My husband didnt hear I love you very much growing up, his mother was stressed out being a single mom and wasnt warm and loving and it has effected him.
I'm not jumping the gun saying this parent is neglectful or abusive in anyway just based on this one incident but if she doesn't feel loved and nurtured at home, I can try to provide that for her in school.
I was also only pointing out her style of dress in her defense, showing from another point of view that she may not be a warm, mushy, mother due to personality and who knows, her husband may be very lovey with the kids but not her.

So basically you're just projecting.
You can show affection to all students regardless.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 7:09 pm
This job sounds like maybe not the best fit if you’re going to be so judgmental and jumping to conclusions of the parent body. Not everyone has the same parenting style and it’s not universally acknowledged that your style is the best. Get over yourself.

justforfun87

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 7:11 pm
I'm a school nurse in a public school and you wouldn't believe the parenting I see.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics