Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
If your going away this pesach....
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:53 pm
How much do you clean?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:55 pm
Completely cleaning and turning over. We have to bring some food where we’re going

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:56 pm
I don’t.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I don’t.

Just shut the door and walk off?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:05 pm
Nada. That's the whole point of going away (at least for us). When we sell our chametz, we actually sell the whole house.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:07 pm
Same.

Course.

Why would you do double the work?

I dont get ppl who spring clean just stam.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just shut the door and walk off?

Well, we clean the car before we leave since that comes with us. But we are selling our chometz, so we just lock the front door.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:35 pm
Not at all. BH only cleaned in 2020 (for obvious reasons) and before that I think I was home (with my family) in 1994. I always say going away for pesach isn’t a weeks vacation, it’s a month vacation

momofmy3

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:36 pm
I am just removing real chometz from kitchen, and vacuuming and washing floors which I'd anyway do before leaving the house for so long.
I thought I'd do some spring cleaning just for myself but that didn't end up happening. Hopefully in the summer...

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:39 pm
Nothing . That was my only pleasure in ever going away for the entire Pesach.

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:41 pm
never heard of cleaning when going away all of pesach

we just sell everything

pesach kasher v sameach!

bsy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:44 pm
We don't pesach clean Smile

amother
Vanilla

I usually do some spring cleaning throughout the year but not specific for Pesach. This year has been stressful for a variety of reasons and I’m not doing any cleaning before we leave. Not even the car because we are going by plane

TravelHearter

We bli neder don’t sell anything. We get rid of all the chametz, even though we don’t step foot in our house. We hold it’s the better thing to do if we can. Practically it means spending a bunch of hours of both me and DH cleaning the kitchen and basic of the rest of the house. We don’t stress but we also try to do what we can.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:48 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
We bli neder don’t sell anything. We get rid of all the chametz, even though we don’t step foot in our house. We hold it’s the better thing to do if we can. Practically it means spending a bunch of hours of both me and DH cleaning the kitchen and basic of the rest of the house. We don’t stress but we also try to do what we can.

Ive literally never heard of anyone who doesn’t sell their chametz. Can I ask what community you are in?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:05 pm
Shocked by these answers.

We are always away and always clean the kitchen obviously not fully like as if we were home but if you don't sell real chometz you at least need to go through your stuff.

Also it's gross not to clean an area like that at least once a year.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:07 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:

We are always away and always clean the kitchen obviously not fully like as if we were home but if you don't sell real chometz you at least need to go through your stuff.

It can be cleaned any time during the year . It doesn’t need to be before Pesach.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:07 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:

Obviously those of us who sell the house hold that we are allowed to sell chametz gamur. My rabbi holds as such (for himself, he goes away for the entirety of YT too) Why is following this common psak so shocking?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:11 pm
Shocked that people don't care to clear crumbs out of the pantry it just feels so "not in the spirit" of pesach that's all.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:15 pm
I'm actually on the fence here. Going away this pesach but in past never sold "real chamerz" so not sure what to do this year. Feel strange to sell all the snacks, pastas, etc. etc. Those are not "high value ' items and in the past always got rid of everything. Going to consult with my LOR...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics