Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Desperate for new bra...please read specifications
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:43 pm
Please please please...if you can help me out I would so appreciate it. I need something that checks all these boxes:

- from Amazon only
- plus size (3-4x)
- no underwire
- some sort of padding
- wider straps to prevent constant slipping

I have tried so many and am getting super discouraged...please send links if you can.

Thanks!

ima22

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:05 pm
Not matching your specifications but if I can recommend going on person (Nordstrom?). If you find one you like, then you can order on Amazon in the future. Worth the investment.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please please please...if you can help me out I would so appreciate it. I need something that checks all these boxes:

- from Amazon only
- plus size (3-4x)
- no underwire
- some sort of padding
- wider straps to prevent constant slipping

I have tried so many and am getting super discouraged...please send links if you can.

Thanks!

Really confused why your number one requirement is from Amazon only. You need to go to a frum store. They will measure you and do alterations to fit you and hold you perfectly
I recommend myself lingerie, saposh, and tafi

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:10 pm
I live in a tiny OOT community...no option for frum stores. I need it in the next few days, which is why I need Amazon. Won't be able to get to Nordstrom in time, but would keep it in mind for future

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I live in a tiny OOT community...no option for frum stores. I need it in the next few days, which is why I need Amazon. Won't be able to get to Nordstrom in time, but would keep it in mind for future

You don't need a frum store to buy underwear. They basically have the same brands carried in a department store, anyway.
Most department stores offer quick delivery. These days, Macy's delivers within a few days. Nordstrom, as well.
Zappos is another quick option.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:22 pm
I won't be able to get to any of these stores in time. Is there an online option? are returns as easy as Amazon? Does anyone have any links?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:32 pm
Do you know your cup size?

I love this brand but I never tried without underwire, it only comes up to c cup

https://www.amazon.com/Dominiq.....ss_tl

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:32 pm
Boscov's ships really quickly. I usually get things within 2 days though may depend how far you are from a store. I think they ship from different stores. But I checked & these are all on Amazon.

These are flexible fit based on your weight so you should be able to find your size. Each company probably has their own size chart. I have a friend in the business who had seen me before Covid & was able to help me guess the size (you could be between 2) but they have stretch & I find they fit well.
I've done really well with these (though I am smaller): all with padding, no underwire.

Warners 3911 - most comfortable
Bali 3488
Bravado 1401 - best support, it's a nursing bra & I convert it myself though you don't have to. Removable pads

I'm very short so the straps never adjust enough to be short enough, I end up cutting & sewing together, not perfect but since Covid I realized it's easier to do myself than to try to have it done...

Hatzlacha OP!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:36 pm
Wacoal
It’s on Amazon
It’s a minimised, not sure if that bothers you
I’ve been wearing this for 15 years, never wanted anything else

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 6:53 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Do you know your cup size?

I love this brand but I never tried without underwire, it only comes up to c cup

https://www.amazon.com/Dominiq.....ss_tl

cup size DD

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:00 pm
DD (1x) loves those
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

they go to 3x

miami85

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:01 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Goddess.....ss_tl

I love this bra in its nursing version.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:24 pm
I don't have any suggestions, but have you ever tried silicone bra strap holders? They can allow you to wear even thin strap bras without slipping issues.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:27 pm
I would say to at least look up online how to measure yourself. Everyone should have well fitting bras, and usually a bra won’t fit well straight off the rack
Almost all my bras need alterations and frum stores offer them for free

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:29 pm
True Bra is super comfy, wide straps, some padding. Not a massive amount of support in terms of "lift" though. Available at Nordstrom, Target, not sure about Amazon

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 7:36 pm
Try this one. I have a slightly different version from this brand (with narrow straps) that I love.

Vanity Fair Women's Wireless Medium Impact Plus Size Padded Sports Bra (36C-44DDD) https://a.co/d/3uDH8mK

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:04 pm
try a dept store like jc penny or maybe lands end

minnie mouse

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 8:23 pm
Myself lingerie ships. They are super nice!

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:07 pm
Soma Intimates

They have one bra for large breast (G)

Not padded. But everything else. My absolute favorite bra that fits my big chest with no underwear and great support.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:54 pm
Every town has a lingerei store. Go to a proper store- not a chain store. Some of them have specialty large size great quality items.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics