Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Chossid fined for driving with 13 people in car!
1  2  Next

Strudel

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 2:28 pm
http://www.vosizneias.com/1740.....ideo/

I really miss Stamford Hill, but not when I hear about silly things like this!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 2:46 pm
dearie - these things happen all over ...

in cleveland - in london - in the midwest Confused

sunshine!

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 4:02 pm
I once heard this story about a Yeshiva guy in Israel. He was pulled over for having 8 pple in his small volvo. The cop started writing out a ticket, but the guy told him "officer, if I show you something you never saw before, will you forget about the ticket?" The officer agreed, saying "I saw it all, you can't show me anything new!" The guy hopped out of his car, and opened the trunk to reveal two more Bochurim. Needless to say, he got no ticket that day...

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 4:20 pm
It is sad that people who are meticulously about not eating chalav stam and not showing one single hair, but putting their lives and the lives of their families at steak all the time (e.g. not looking when you cros a bussssssssyyyy street). PLEASE PEOPLE: take care of your family!!! How can they continue doing mitzves if you put their lives at steak so often?

Tehilla

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 4:23 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
How can they continue doing mitzves if you put their lives at steak so often?

they could take the approach of Clarissa's family, and enter into a dairy only household.

on a serious note, I'm a very careful driver and second your statement that people need to be very careful about driving and being a pedestrian.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:15 pm
We got pulled over w/ 4 adults and 5 children in a 12 passenger minivan at 4 am. You have to have a special license for transporting passengers as a business. I have no idea what the cop was thinking, obviously this is a family. Rolling Eyes

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:42 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
It is sad that people who are meticulously about not eating chalav stam and not showing one single hair, but putting their lives and the lives of their families at steak all the time (e.g. not looking when you cros a bussssssssyyyy street). PLEASE PEOPLE: take care of your family!!! How can they continue doing mitzves if you put their lives at steak so often?

I agree that a person needs to be careful in the car, but don't think Cholov Yisroel milk or haircovering has anything to do with it. Confused

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:46 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

I agree that a person needs to be careful in the car, but don't think Cholov Yisroel milk or haircovering has anything to do with it. Confused

It does not have something directly to do with it.. I just wanted to make the statement that people who are so careful on one thing are so ruthless about the other.... and that is not a good thing.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:48 pm
How do you know if this person is careful about Cholov Yisroel or haircovering?

It sounds like you were trying to make a bigger statement than that. Confused

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:55 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
How do you know if this person is careful about Cholov Yisroel or haircovering?

It sounds like you were trying to make a bigger statement than that. Confused

No I was not. It just makes me sad that in general people with great yirat shamayim are being very uncareful about one of the most important things: human life....

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 5:56 pm
And I disagree. I know just as many irresponsible frum drivers as irresponsible non-frum or l'havdil non-Jewish drives. There aren't lots more accidents among frum Jews than others. Confused

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:45 am
I hate to tell you that chol hamoed pesach, we went on a fam trip.. we had 3 cars and on teh way back each went another diff direction, my sil and bil, with her 3 kids went back north, another sil and bil went back to petach tickva and there was us.... ie dh, me, my brother who was visiting, 2 boys, mil and one sil.... mil went back with sil to petach tikva and from there took a bus..so it let one extra, my sil. so we were 2 in the frount and 4 in the back.. ds2 sat on mil.

we also weren't belted in btw.

anyways on teh way home.. as were were driving.. our plans were to go to kfar chabad.. but we never got there in teh end...... ( I suppose the rebbe had some mesage for us) anyways, we drove and passed a police car... he saw us and a second later he called through teh mic... "mitzubishi pull over at once"

dh was like was that us?? so we pulled over, and 5 officers came up to us..... they said that really we also should have been given a court summons, a fine and 6 points.... I promiused zedakka, and they came back and said ok because it's chag we'll just give you 2 points, 250 nis fine and no court summons...

so you think it's just stamford hill?? and btw I don't miss stamford hill at all.

it also ruined our shalom bayis... and I made a resolution that no more.... by now my il's sil's and bils are more careful as is dh....

oh and dh and sil wonder why I never want to learn to drive LOL

mimivan

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:47 am
Crayon210 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Okay, I guess I can eat Ben and Jerry's as long as I look both ways before crossing the street.

Last edited by mimivan on Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

mommalah

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:53 am
Miriamnechama-

Why in the world would you put your lives and the lives of your innocent children in such immediate danger?
If there's no room in the car, do whatever you have to and get another, or a different plan. I also don't see what the above incident has to do with not learning how to drive.

mommalah

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 9:55 am
Maybe the Rebbe's message was,
"Stop, put on your seat belts, keep your children safe, and find another way for your mil to get where she needed to go"

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 10:46 am
dh refuses to take a risk and take more passengers than he has room for. Sure, we've taken my sister with her five kids in the van once and she only had a car seat for her littlest one - this isnt a minibus with room for 3 or 4 booster seats for every kid under 7 - but we certainly wouldnt put kids on peoples' laps. Just last week she asked if she could come home (local trip) with our van (only one bench was in) and I firmly replied that dh does not want to risk a $150.00 ticket since there was no car seat for her 1 yr old and she'd end up with 2 other kids on her lap... we dont take such risks, nevermind for the the tickets - for the safety either!

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 10:57 am
mommalah wrote:
Miriamnechama-

Why in the world would you put your lives and the lives of your innocent children in such immediate danger?
If there's no room in the car, do whatever you have to and get another, or a different plan. I also don't see what the above incident has to do with not learning how to drive.

momalah what ever the case was this is what happened.. I'd appreciate if you don't get so harsh.. as I had some harsh responses back in teh life in israel section.

the fact was I wasn't keen on going.... but sil wanted all teh fam together at the safari.. now from teh safari in ranmat gan there is no bus right there and you have to get out of the safari..... I suppose dh was being too nice, but has since learnt his lesson.

my bil and sil who live near me.... won't take the car anymore cus they need car seats so they go by bus....

shavous I asked bil how he would get to il's and he said taht he feels bad thereis no room theywill take the bus.... though we offered to take thir bags to make things easier for them.

I think it had to do withbeing too nice to familly..... though I did see him cramming about 7 kids and 2 adults in beitar when they went to see a bonfire.... I couldn't argue, but whoever told me at one point tat my therapist told me to take the keys away may be wrong.....

also when he drives his rov home sometimes there are 4 kids in teh back.... but taht is whne I'm not with teh boys due to whatevr...

about learning.. quite frankly, if I didn't do it 10 years ago in london.. I'm not doing it now.. and of course I've learnt tah tnext time the car is going to be packed.... whereever it is .. I'm taking the bus and train.

mistakes do happen but we can always correct them...

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 11:00 am
That's not true for fatal or paralyzing (lo aleinu) car accidents.

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 12:22 pm
whatever.... I'm not going into details again what happened and why.... it really is no one's busniness and for meant for other private forums...

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jun 25 2008, 12:49 pm
miriamnechama wrote:
whatever.... I'm not going into details again what happened and why.... it really is no one's busniness and for meant for other private forums...

So why did you bring it up?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics