Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How Can Cleaners Help with Pesach Prep

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 10:39 pm
This year I indulged in cleaning help to help me get through Pesach.

They come during the day while my husband is working at home and I am out of the house at work.
What work can I assign them with limited supervision that would be a help to me and lessen the Pesach burden? I feel like any chore would require me next to them to make sure they are thorough enough. What chores do you give them?
I don't usually have cleaning help so all new to me.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
This year I indulged in cleaning help to help me get through Pesach.

They come during the day while my husband is working at home and I am out of the house at work.
What work can I assign them with limited supervision that would be a help to me and lessen the Pesach burden? I feel like any chore would require me next to them to make sure they are thorough enough. What chores do you give them?
I don't usually have cleaning help so all new to me.

I work from home so can’t supervise the cleaning lady every minute but I do go check on her every hour or so
So far I gave her the fridge to scrub down, the oven, and vacuuming all the rooms very well. I showed her to move the beds and night stands. My husband and I will check over her work closer to Pesach to make sure it’s 100 percent chometz free. Next week I’ll have her wipe out the cabinets and wipe down all the chairs so I can do a quick wipe down on erev but not a scrub.

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 6:47 am
Definitely have her clean the fridge and freezer. A clean fridge is a chametz free fridge.
She should be able to deep clean your oven and stove.
Empty cabinets and wipe down.
If you're kashering any silver you can have her polish the items.
Move furniture and vacuum.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry