Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Can anyone make me a pesach packing list?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:23 pm
Current for this year...meaning if it's a 3 day yom tov we need at least 3 shabbos outfits etc...probably a 4th for the seder night.
We are going to a pesach program so I imagine no robes ?
Literally no idea.. first time going.
I'm so overwhelmed with the idea of packing 2 and a half weeks worth for me and 9 kids.
Anyone really organized and can make me a packing list and with changes appropriate for boys girls baby and myself. Like 3 hairbows for girls etc...

hodeez

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:25 pm
I think between carpools has something like this

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:32 pm
If you are driving I find it easier to pack in sterilite drawers than suitcases. Ie. Underwear in one drawer tight/socks
Nightwear
Hair gear
OTC meds/diapers/ tampons

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:36 pm
Flying. Makes it worse. To a not very jewish country no less so I def need to bring all formula. diapers ? Do I pack 2 weeks of diapers?

amother
Cyclamen

amother OP wrote:
Current for this year...meaning if it's a 3 day yom tov we need at least 3 shabbos outfits etc...probably a 4th for the seder night.
We are going to a pesach program so I imagine no robes ?
Literally no idea.. first time going.
I'm so overwhelmed with the idea of packing 2 and a half weeks worth for me and 9 kids.
Anyone really organized and can make me a packing list and with changes appropriate for boys girls baby and myself. Like 3 hairbows for girls etc...

Iā€™m not laughing at you, but 22 years ago I went to a program and I was the only one Seder night not in a velour robe and gold slippers šŸ˜‚

amother
OP

hodeez wrote:
I think between carpools has something like this

Link?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:37 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Iā€™m not laughing at you, but 22 years ago I went to a program and I was the only one Seder night not in a velour robe and gold slippers šŸ˜‚

Oh no seriously? Now I really don't know what to pack.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh no seriously? Now I really don't know what to pack.

It was 22 years ago. It was 2001. I am MO and accustomed to MO programs both before and after. This one was not. I stepped into the middle of Brooklyn, which for me might have been Mars.

I have been to many different programs. Where is it and who is running it? Do you know anyone going who has been there before? Can you call the woman in the office?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:44 pm
Wow OP it really does not sound easy. I suppose in the country you will be in they do carry diapers. I can't imagine going and packing 2 weeks worth. You can start with your own things. Do you have a ''Nice Tisch robe '' you can put over your YT outfit when you are in the Dining rm. This way you really just need 2 or 3 outfits, your outfits won't get soiled. I would love to hear how you packed. Overwhelmed just thinking about it. B'hatzlacha.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Flying. Makes it worse. To a not very jewish country no less so I def need to bring all formula. diapers ? Do I pack 2 weeks of diapers?

Is there a Walmart that you can buy diapers?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:45 pm
How old are the children?

What kind of program?

Definitely no robes to meals but afternoon you can wear chilled maxi skirt dresses type, also to accompany young kids to breakfast before shul time.

Will chol hamoed be trips, pool weather, both? Then you and each child need a change for dinner

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:18 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
How old are the children?

What kind of program?

Definitely no robes to meals but afternoon you can wear chilled maxi skirt dresses type, also to accompany young kids to breakfast before shul time.

Will chol hamoed be trips, pool weather, both? Then you and each child need a change for dinner

I'm getting a headache already Sad what do you mean a change for dinner?? ? How many outfits will we need ? Shabbos? Weekday?
I didnt buy myself any long dress type robes.. like a comfy long dress. Makes sense I'd need that for breakfast long afternoons etc. Sigh...I thought I was done shopping.
Kids all ages. Baby to 15.
Weather hard to know. 60s right now. European country. Definitely no Walmart. I'm sure they sell diapers somewhere but we won't have access to a car.

ap

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:33 pm
Can you ask the hotel where is the local supermarket?
Maybe you can make a order online to be delivered to the hotel the day after you arrive
I don't think there's Walmart in Europe but diapers (nappies) should be sold everwhere...!?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm getting a headache already Sad what do you mean a change for dinner?? ? How many outfits will we need ? Shabbos? Weekday?
I didnt buy myself any long dress type robes.. like a comfy long dress. Makes sense I'd need that for breakfast long afternoons etc. Sigh...I thought I was done shopping.
Kids all ages. Baby to 15.
Weather hard to know. 60s right now. European country. Definitely no Walmart. I'm sure they sell diapers somewhere but we won't have access to a car.

Does the program have some sort of chol hamoed itinerary or programming that you already know about? For example if family will be on a certain trip then what kind of clothes for that trip? (Ex. Hiking, sight seeing, water related?)

Then when back at hotel everyone changes into fresh clothes for dinner and night entertainment

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:39 pm
Here is that between carpools article someone mentioned.
https://betweencarpools.com/do.....icks/

Here's a good starting list. I pack each child's socks in their own large ziploc. All of one child's accessories in their own ziplco.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

Make sure you have enough shells, underwear and hosiery for every day you will be there and pair those with clothes that don't show stains if possible.

Have the kids wear smocks or bibs during meals so the clothes don't stain as quickly.

Consider looking into laundromats in the area. Even if it means renting a car just for doing a laundry run or two or paying for a cab to get there.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:44 pm
Disclaimer, I've never been to a pesach ( or any other) program but I have traveled with kids.

I suggest you do take diapers etc for the entire stay, it's so stressful needing to get stuff in an unfamiliar place.

Diapers are a good filler for luggage that is already heavy & you don't want to be overweight. Make sure to weigh!

Just so you know, you can fly with cardboard boxes as long as they comply with dimensions & weight requirements. It may be easier to pack suits & nicer dresses that way. Use luggage straps in case tsa opens but in our experience they always taped up the boxes sufficiently.

We always take laundry pods so we can wash in case of need.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:51 pm
OP, will you have access to do laundry?

Shabbos clothing (5-10)
Weekday clothing (7)
Shabbos shoes
Weekday shoes
Slippers
Pajamas
Hair accessories
Socks/tights
Yarmulka's/tzitzis
Underwear
Sweaters
Swimwear
Blankets/pillows/or anything young kids like to sleep with
Bottles/paci (many extras)
Diapers
Wipes
Formula
Stroller
Snacks/food little kids eat
Tylenol
Motrin
Benadryl
First aid ointment
Bandaids
Feminine care
Deodorant
Soap
Shampoo
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Brush/comb/pony runners/bobby pins
Small toys/books for kids
Phones
Earphones
Chargers
Laundry bags
Suntan lotion
Makeup
Wig
Tichels
Kitel
Tallis/tefillin

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:02 pm
I read the between carpools and personal preference of course but I would not pack this way for a program and here is why,

Letsay girl age 8 has a new yomtov bow that goes with 3 outfits, why limit it to one bag?

Find it easiest to do packing cubes by category, PJs, hair accessories, socks, etc.

Baby will need double what you need at home if you don't have access to laundry because you just never know.

Will the younger kids have a babysitter by your rooms for night meals? If so those children do not need clothes for night meals.

Definitely one outfit per kid per meal for yomtov unless you can rely on them not getting stained. If you have room or enough options, I like to bring an extra one or two per kid for the afternoons in case they get hopelessly stained at a day meal and still have a long afternoon ahead.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:16 pm
For the kids, I pack individual outfits in ziploc bags marked with sharpies and then those go into larger packing cubes. For example, "Shimon seder night" will have the sweater and pants he will wear for that night and so on for the other kids. Those go into a "shabbos/yt outfits" cube. All tsitsis go in own ziploc. All underwear own ziploc, same for socks. And then that applied to all days we are going away. It makes it all super easy. And yes, I do laundry when needed of course.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Copper wrote:
OP, will you have access to do laundry?

Shabbos clothing (5-10)
Weekday clothing (7)
Shabbos shoes
Weekday shoes
Slippers
Pajamas
Hair accessories
Socks/tights
Yarmulka's/tzitzis
Underwear
Sweaters
Swimwear
Blankets/pillows/or anything young kids like to sleep with
Bottles/paci (many extras)
Diapers
Wipes
Formula
Stroller
Snacks/food little kids eat
Tylenol
Motrin
Benadryl
First aid ointment
Bandaids
Feminine care
Deodorant
Soap
Shampoo
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Brush/comb/pony runners/bobby pins
Small toys/books for kids
Phones
Earphones
Chargers
Laundry bags
Suntan lotion
Makeup
Wig
Tichels
Kitel
Tallis/tefillin

Thank you for this list! This might sound ignorant but I've never been to a program before and didn't even occur to me to ask about laundry. I just assumed of course the hotels have a laundry option. Do they not ?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics