Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Cooked salmon

superduper

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:00 am
I want to cook salmon fish for shabbos. Just a simple recipe onions, water, suger, pepper but I need to have exact amounts. Anybody????

Thanks

Mommy007

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:03 am
cut pepper into small peices and saute it with onions...add soy sauce, lemon juice (nice amts) and 1/4 cup water. Add spices (blck pepper, salt, garlic...) and stir. Saute for like 15 minutes.

Salt and garlic on fish. Pour pepper and onion mixture over salmon. Baked covered for 30 minutes. Enjoy!!

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:05 am
I don't have a cooked salmon recipe, but I like it broiled either with duck sauce or spread w/ oil and spiced. The main thing is not to cook it too long.

cookielady

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:07 am
I know this is not what you asked for but its really good, easy and doesnt taste dry.

Put salmon filllets on a baking sheet. Spread mayo over fish, then either sprinkle with spices or sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. This is best served cold. Whenever I serve this, people love it.

superduper

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:39 am
Thanks for all your replies.........

cookielady, I make that often... it's really great. I remember reading a post about cooking the fish with skin to get the water to be a jelly like texture and now I cant find that thread embarrassed anybody know what I'm taking about???

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 11:47 am
I marinated mine in citrus juices (orange, lemon, lime) sprinkled it with salt and pepper, and broiled it, and it was good. I served with a sauce but it would be fine without.

Lani22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:10 pm
superduper wrote:
Thanks for all your replies.........

cookielady, I make that often... it's really great. I remember reading a post about cooking the fish with skin to get the water to be a jelly like texture and now I cant find that thread embarrassed anybody know what I'm taking about???

CM Posted this recipe- I make it often and its delicious (and the water becomes jelly)
Sweet & Sour Salmon

Sautee one or two onions in a big pot. Add a cup of sugar and cook until brown. Add a little oil if this makes you nervous. This will take 15 minutes or so.

Add four to six slices of salmon. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup vinegar, and three cups water. Add three bay leaves, a tsp salt, and about 6 tablespoons MORE sugar.

Let cook for about 40 minutes. Eat cold. Will stay good for 2 weeks in fridge!

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:13 pm
That's a lot of sugar! I caramelize onions all the time with much less. I'm sure it tastes good, but doesn't it taste kind of candied?

Lani22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:20 pm
Clarissa wrote:
That's a lot of sugar! I caramelize onions all the time with much less. I'm sure it tastes good, but doesn't it taste kind of candied?

Honestly I never tried it with so much sugar. I cut it down to 1/4 cup and it was very good.

superduper

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:33 pm
thanks lani!!! do u put any black pepper?

Lani22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:41 pm
superduper wrote:
thanks lani!!! do u put any black pepper?

no I dont, I also use less water, but I am the adventurous type and I always tamper with recipes. Like with the sugar - when viewing the recipe I thought hmm that looks like too much sugar so I just started with a little and worked my way up to the point where I thought it was sweet enough.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:41 pm
Lani, you've made this salmon with just 1/4 cup sugar and it was good? Was it sweet enough? I'm thinking of making it for shabbos...

Lani22

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 12:43 pm
greeneyes wrote:
Lani, you've made this salmon with just 1/4 cup sugar and it was good? Was it sweet enough? I'm thinking of making it for shabbos...

I would stick with the original recipe. I used a lot less sugar because my husband does not like sweet food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics