Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Differences between laser and electrolyis and how to know?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 3:31 am
How to determine which is best ?

mommy2b1

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 3:53 am
I do laser for my body and electrolysis for facial hair. Generally, laser is not recommended for facial hair.
I saw laser results a lot faster. I also find laser a lot less painful (other ppl find the opposite).

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 8:35 am
mommy2b1 wrote:
I do laser for my body and electrolysis for facial hair. Generally, laser is not recommended for facial hair.
I saw laser results a lot faster. I also find laser a lot less painful (other ppl find the opposite).

Did anyone hear of laser for the face? I would really like to do it because of the pain factor and the fact that it produces faster results. I did electrolysis for years with no results.
Most people I spoke to said laser o. The face is a no no but one said she knows how it can be done. But I'm scared to trust her...

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 8:39 am
The person I use for laser said she'd never recommend laser for face, since it can potentially darken the skin.
I did my hairline and underarms, and my underarms did get a shade darker than before.
If you're not seeing results from electrolosis, please look for someone else! I used someone for close to 3 years without great results. Got rid of thin hairs, but not the thicker ones at all. I switched to someone else. Pain was stronger, but so were results!

mommy2b1

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 8:44 am
amother Seashell wrote:
Pain was stronger, but so were results!

So interesting to hear. I had the exact opposite experience. I went to someone newish and it was SO painful and I didn’t see results.
I switched to someone else and it is much less painful and better results

I would not recommend laser on the face. A relative of mine did her eyebrows and upper lip because she had very thick hair there. It grew back WAY worse

reality mom

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 9:57 am
I did laser on my face (eyebrows and lip) and saw results. This was 10+ years ago. Still get random stray light hairs but I tweeze those out.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 11:06 am
I'm looking to do my chin and neck. Did electrolysis for years and nothing. Didn't work. Took a break but recently it's been growing back really thick amd dark and I'm desperate for a solution.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics