Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon no longer has free returns thru UPS
Previous  1  2  3  Next

pause

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:52 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
It's new. As of yesterday

Nope. I printed out return labels today for free UPS Dropoff. It really depends on the item. Some items have had the option for awhile already, and some apparently still do.

schoolbus

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:55 pm
Also depends on the reason you choose to return. For example if you choose changed my mind they don’t give you free return because it’s not their problem but if you choose damages item then they give you free return

4sure

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:00 pm
Worked for me now

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:16 pm
I had the wrong item sent and I called them up and they said if they send ups to my house they have to charge me $7.99 there is no free option anymore

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:18 pm
pause wrote:
Nope. I printed out return labels today for free UPS Dropoff. It really depends on the item. Some items have had the option for awhile already, and some apparently still do.

It depends how far you are from the nearest Whole Foods or Kohls.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12......html (Well, this article is 3 days old, so I guess the fee was instituted around then.)

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:22 pm
It's been like this for a long while and it's annoying because every prime item is supposed to be free returns. But, a, if you call or chat they'll give you the free label and, b, I just click "item arrived too late" or "too large/too small" basically anything other than changed mind and it's free ups drop off again.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:26 pm
Happens to me every now & then, I just message their assistance & they email me a label. It's an extra hassle, very annoying when I pay for prime & only return a tiny fraction of purchases.

I don't drive, & the closest of those stores are several miles away on hilly terrain, no thank you.

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:30 pm
You can get free returns and even pickup if you call if item is defective. But if item is not defective then it's just stam geneiva to mark it defective. Returned items they can still cash on. Defective items they don't. And if the item is marked defective then you really can cause them unnecessarily to lose $$ just so that you save yourself a few bucks. It's not right.
Ask your lor if it's permissable to do. As far as I know it is NOT.
Do you really want to deal with that after 120 just for those few bucks? Mot me. Shame on you

motherqueen

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:32 pm
it depends on the seller not on amazon

Last edited by motherqueen on Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:34 pm
amother Maple wrote:
You can get free returns and even pickup if you call if item is defective. But if item is not defective then it's just stam geneiva to mark it defective. Returned items they can still cash on. Defective items they don't. And if the item is marked defective then you really can cause them unnecessarily to lose $$ just so that you save yourself a few bucks. It's not right.
Do you really want to deal with that after 120 just for those few bucks? Mot me. Shame on you

Agreed. I never lie & still get a shipping label by asking them.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:49 pm
I take all my packages to the store. And if I have something that said prime/free returns, and I see it cost money to use UPS, I call Amazon and ask for a label

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 9:51 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I take all my packages to the store. And if I have something that said prime/free returns, and I see it cost money to use UPS, I call Amazon and ask for a label

I have no UPS store in my zip code. I have a UPS drop off station near me but I need a printed label in order to drop off. A UPS scan code only works at an actual UPS store which I don't have in my neighborhood.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 10:05 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
It's been like this for a long while and it's annoying because every prime item is supposed to be free returns. But, a, if you call or chat they'll give you the free label and, b, I just click "item arrived too late" or "too large/too small" basically anything other than changed mind and it's free ups drop off again.

That did not work in my area. Even "wrong item was sent" or "item was defective" did not result in free UPS pick up or drop off. My husband had to call to negotiate with them to get a free return label. I tried to set up a return for shoes today (and clothing or shoes has always been something we could return for free because of sizing) and they were suddenly not free unless we use Whole foods drop off. I think it has to do (as a different poster mentioned) with how close one lives to the Whole foods or Kohl's. It's really annoying!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 10:27 pm
FYI, if you choose UPS drop off points, you can give it to any UPS driver you see. I don't know about where you live, but in my area, UPS trucks are a dime a dozen, they are all over the place.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 10:31 pm
I have had it where I wanted to drop off at a staples store, which had been free for me. Then one day it wasn't available as a free option. 2 weeks later it was free again. Same item (I didn't make it to the whole foods) and same reason.
It might also depend on how many packages were processed through that location or as others said it could depend on the reason given. But for me it really was just trying a different day.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I have had it where I wanted to drop off at a staples store, which had been free for me. Then one day it wasn't available as a free option. 2 weeks later it was free again. Same item (I didn't make it to the whole foods) and same reason.
It might also depend on how many packages were processed through that location or as others said it could depend on the reason given. But for me it really was just trying a different day.

This is funny. I had it too, with the same item, a few days apart, once free once not.
I thought I was doubting myself. Honestly, I'm being much more careful with my returns. I'm not driving 35 minutes to whole foods for and item under 10...

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 11:10 pm
A lot of times I clicked on the option of didn't approve purchase

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 3:02 am
Ou no! Just went to return and saw this to. They're charging to choose to print your own label and then drop off! This was always free.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 5:53 am
This is new. I just read somewhere that they calculate which is closer for you--one of their partner stores or UPS. If UPS store is closer you're supposed to still get free labels for them.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:56 am
amother Maple wrote:
I also don't say its defective because of that reason , but can I say (to a rep) item not satisfactory as xyz or will they put it in as defective ? Can I say I liked the towels (for example) but they are not absorbant tom satisfaction ?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics