Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding dresser
1  2  Next

mom of many kih

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 2:43 pm
Im looking for a wedding dresser for a wedding in boro park. Any recommendations? And approximately what’s their charge?

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 3:42 pm
Pessy Solomon!! She’s amazing. $800

mom of many kih

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 6:51 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Pessy Solomon!! She’s amazing. $800

What’s her contact number?

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:19 pm
She's great! But she lives in wmsbg, charges an extra traveling fee

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:23 pm
Rena Vesely 347-853-1764
She is in Flatbush
Super nice!

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:24 pm
Bracha gombo is amazing but not cheap. Approx 1400

gr82no

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:32 pm
What is a wedding dresser?

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:36 pm
gr82no wrote:

I believe they help the bride and all other females get into the gowns and petticoats, etc.
I can see the need for that. Although I’d try a friend or family member and maybe tip them $100. The price sounds exorbitant. It’s not like they also do the hair and makeup.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:38 pm
gr82no wrote:

A women that helps the family get ready for the wedding and they think of all little details and odds & ends that need to be brought along for the wedding. It's the best thing, makes the day go smoother. They take care of the little emergencies that may come up. A torn hem, a creased gown, fallen buttons....

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
I believe they help the bride and all other females get into the gowns and petticoats, etc.
I can see the need for that. Although I’d try a friend or family member and maybe tip them $100. The price sounds exorbitant. It’s not like they also do the hair and makeup.

It's not an exorbitant price, considering that they give away the day for this and many also provide a packed bag with essentials needed at the wedding hall. (Needle/thread, pain meds, Deodorant, female products, hair spray....)

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Peru wrote:
It's not an exorbitant price, considering that they give away the day for this and many also provide a packed bag with essentials needed at the wedding hall. (Needle/thread, pain meds, Deodorant, female products, hair spray....)

I didn’t think it takes a day to get dressed which usually happens at the hall right before the photographer comes and then the job is over. Max an hour. I do think it’s exorbitant but if people are paying it then the need must be there.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:00 pm
I def recommend Faige Tress 732-580-0968.

If you use her or someone else experienced, it’s not just the dressing kallah and family. It’s someone there by your side guiding you and making sure things go smooth. Whether it’s a torn hem, broken zipper, stain. Or a family member that needs to be kept away, kallah taken to bathroom, reminded to drink, makes sure she has private time…. A dresser is not just to dress. It’s a right hand person by your side looking out for what you need.

gr82no

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:05 pm
Thanks!
I managed just fine without one. Didn’t know there was such a thing. I guess we were lucky we didn’t need any of those things she does?
How many hours is she at the hall?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:12 pm
They also bring along food espcially for the little ones. They help with younger kids.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:19 pm
Sura Ruchy Horowitz
917-586-6187

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:20 pm
Blushpink
Report post Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Post Today at 8:19 pm
Sura Ruchy Horowitz
917-586-6187

boro park

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
I didn’t think it takes a day to get dressed which usually happens at the hall right before the photographer comes and then the job is over. Max an hour. I do think it’s exorbitant but if people are paying it then the need must be there.

My mother had a wedding dresser by each of us girls weddings. She came at 12 noon and stayed till after chuppa. My mom had a bunch of little one's at that point and the wedding dresser got everyone ready. Yes, she was needed and busy the entire day.
No way does a wedding dressers job take an hour. Unless she maybe does only the bride.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Peru wrote:

She doesn’t ‘give away a day’ It’s her job! I spend 8 hours a day at my job BH! But no one would say that I gave away my day!

I personally think it’s a ridiculous role and yes, an exorbitant cost but happy these women found parnassah.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:08 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
She doesn’t ‘give away a day’ It’s her job! I spend 8 hours a day at my job BH! But no one would say that I gave away my day!

I personally think it’s a ridiculous role and yes, an exorbitant cost but happy these women found parnassah.

It's not a ridiculous role at all. For certain people/situations, it's very important and the only way they manage the wedding day. Just because you may not understand it, doesn't make it ridiculous.

rss

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 9:15 pm
Fraidy weiss
845-570-3645
Will travel
Wedding dresser is a wonderful service! Turns a hectic day into a beautiful relaxed simcha where "all problems" will have someone to solve them! And it won't be you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics