Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bought a stretchie, noticed a hole

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 3:34 pm
I bought some stuff for my baby a few weeks ago. On pesach, I took off the tag and as I wanted to dress my baby I noticed a small hole. I saved the tag for the sake of being able to return it, should the store accept it. Question is, wwyd? Would you go back to the store after those few weeks or leave it?

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 4:08 pm
I find that generally if it’s the store producing their own brand, they will take responsibility. But if it’s a store carrying many brands I have yet to ever have them take responsibility for a damaged item.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 4:21 pm
I would probably try taking it back but wouldn't keep my hopes up that the store will do anything. I had something similar. I bought my son 4 pairs of the same shorts. 1 of them is strangely bigger than the other 3 even though it's the same size. I also wasn't sure what to do but now I'm thinking I should at least try

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 4:30 pm
Did the hole happen when you removed the tag?

Simple1

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 4:31 pm
May as well ask. The store might offer to fix it for you for free. I had that a few times.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 5:20 pm
In my experience stores always say "you're the first one to have an issue with this!"

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 6:10 pm
Ha good luck making yourself crazy. I had something like this bought a brand new outfit for my baby and there was a huge hole by the crotch and the store refused to take it back and this was only a few days later. It’s also an interesting color and a knit material so was never able to repair it. It’s still sitting around for maybe one day. I actually thought it was beyond disgusting of this store, and haven’t shopped there since. (I had another story there too)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 6:20 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:

No, the tag actually was very easy to remove, it was attached with a string wrapped around.. and the hole is in a total different place, on the foot.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 6:21 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:

Had the hole happened while removing the tag, I wouldn’t have thought twice about asking this question here
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics