Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I basically only wear black

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:17 pm
I know this is crazy
I really have a hard time dressing myself
I won't wear very very light colors bc I feel exposed and like as if the fabric is see through (Even if it's not)
Can anyone help me amd post links to classy clothing not too colorful but not black!?!
For reference I'm regular frum, on the modern side

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:32 pm
What type of style and fancy, casual, day to day?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:38 pm
Very casual

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 5:09 pm
Ty!!

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 6:54 am
I’m just like! It’s really been bothering me lately that I only wear black. I think I feel like it covers me and hides my extra weight. I think black with white or black with a light color is a good way to start breaking away from all black without feeling so exposed.
I was just thinking that I really have to make it priority to take time out to do something about my wardrobe.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 9:23 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
I’m just like! It’s really been bothering me lately that I only wear black. I think I feel like it covers me and hides my extra weight. I think black with white or black with a light color is a good way to start breaking away from all black without feeling so exposed.
I was just thinking that I really hate to make it priority to take time out to do something about my wardrobe.

Exactly!!
But my other colors are dark grey or army green type
How would light colors hide anything.?
I wish I can wear light colors I feel so exposed I have nothing light!

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 11:32 am
You're not forbidden to wear colors. Deep, rich colors like burgundy, hunter green, bronze, russet, navy, deep royal blue and deep violet are nearly as slenderizing as black and far less blah. Once you grow used to these, branch out with small touches, like a scarf, collar, cuffs, pocket, buttons, shoulder patch or diagonal or center stripe of more vivid color. None of these will in any way call attention to your size or shape, and in fact a vertical or long diagonal stripe will visually lengthen and slenderize you.

Once you overcome your initial fear of color, you can go further afield and try full garments in medium hues. You may not ever feel comfy in pale pastels or fuchsia, but there are plenty of less-hectic shades and tints that will do. Consider medium lavender, teal, deep coral--basically lighter tints of the deeper jewel tones you started out with.

Look, if you're 60 lbs overweight, no color is going to make you look like a size 2. If you have enormous hips, nothing is going to hide that, either. But what you can do is draw the eye away from those hips by dressing them in deep colors--not necessarily black-- and wearing bright colors on top. If you're too shy to wear a bright blouse, wear a bright scarf or collar to call attention to your face and away from what you see as your "problem area."

More important than color are CUT, FIT, and FABRIC. A bright garment that is well-fitted, with a figure-skimming rather than figure-hugging cut, in a fabric with body, is far better than a poorly-fitted, clingy black anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics