Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Attn Seeker: this is the water filter we have that lasts BH

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 7:21 pm
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000212481/

We only have it for a few months but BH it's working well. We had a plumber install it.

I understand your frustration because we originally bought other filters and they lasted maybe a week, the plumber said those are filters meant for the drinking faucet on the side of the sink, not the main faucet filter. That being said we try to use this sink sparingly (if we just want to wash our hands, we'll try to use the other sink) so that the filter lasts.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 7:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000212481/

We only have it for a few months but BH it's working well. We had a plumber install it.

I understand your frustration because we originally bought other filters and they lasted maybe a week, the plumber said those are filters meant for the drinking faucet on the side of the sink, not the main faucet filter. That being said we try to use this sink sparingly (if we just want to wash our hands, we'll try to use the other sink) so that the filter lasts.

My colleague has the same I think, I just ordered a $60 filter refill for him. He likes to tinker and said he installed it outside his home on his own.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 8:16 pm
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

I wonder how much it would cost to install a drinking faucet on the side. I really think that's the best solution overall because we're inevitably going to use the same sink for dishes and hands (we only have one kitchen sink and that's also the only non-bathroom sink. And the bathroom sink is small. And now it keeps getting clogged because people are doing more washing there because they're frustrated with how slow the kitchen sink is with the filter.) But I have no idea what it takes to drill a hole in the counter and put in such a thing.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 8:18 pm
The one in the link seems to indicate that it's a replacement cartridge, but it doesn't seem to indicate what full system it's replacing the cartridge of. Not sure if I need to buy something else to go with it? Or would this screw onto the tubes and stuff that are already there from my current outgoing filter?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 12:52 am
seeker wrote:
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

I wonder how much it would cost to install a drinking faucet on the side. I really think that's the best solution overall because we're inevitably going to use the same sink for dishes and hands (we only have one kitchen sink and that's also the only non-bathroom sink. And the bathroom sink is small. And now it keeps getting clogged because people are doing more washing there because they're frustrated with how slow the kitchen sink is with the filter.) But I have no idea what it takes to drill a hole in the counter and put in such a thing.
What kind of counter do you have? Granite is expensive

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 1:41 am
I have no idea. I didn't design this kitchen, I just try to make it work. It does seem to be some kind of stone. In general things seem to have been built somewhat cheaply. So I guess not the most expensive stone? I'm out of my depth. Where I come from faucets are all very similar and basic and you can screw a filter onto the part you can see and reach.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 3:03 am
Lol I read that as attention seeker. LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 9:54 am
We bought it in a store not online but I googled the model number and that's what showed up so I included the link, the link I showed may be for a replacement cartridge. We bought the undersink filter and cartridge. This is the model number: HF27, 5632201. 3M is the brand. We chose an easier replacement where you just have to twist it off to replace instead of unscrewing it. If you live in Brooklyn, I can tell you where we bought it.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Apr 25 2023, 10:07 am
I believe this is the one my colleague has.

Reduces Sediment, Chlorine Taste and Odor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....;th=1

There's a cheaper one that just Reduces the Sediment that possibly is enough to help cover the halachik problem.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....;th=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics