Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Preteen/teen weekday shoes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 4:52 pm
Please advise as I am basically clueless. My daughter is hocking me about getting her $150 loafers for the spring. Besides the fact I don’t have such money, I think it’s ridiculous. What are 12/13 year old girls wearing these days )weekday). Sneakers? Loafers? Please share your opinions

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:11 pm
NY JPF/mixed community - sneakers. My DD has Adidas because they fit her feet well but they're not really trending anymore, they don't stand out as being nerdy either though. I'm seeing a lot of chunkier sneakers.

Loafers are still happening too but I wouldn't buy new ones at this time when the school year is winding down. They're just still wearing the ones they had in the fall.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:11 pm
My pre teen & teen are wearing loafers, as are most girls I'm seeing. Tan or other light colors. They'll be wearing it throughout the summer, in addition to sneakers. You don't have to spend $150. I got from perroqeut for $65.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:13 pm
Loafers from now until the end of the year, and then sneakers when school ends.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:39 pm
If you want to get away with 1 pair they can wear now and throughout the summer, you can look got a leather slip on sneaker in a more summery color like tan or blue. They are not as in as they used to be but can still work.

emee2

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:34 pm
I have 3 teenage girls and I would not buy shoes now unless I had to. One of my girls just got a pair of venettini loafers because they were on sale for $20 but otherwise my girls are wearing the loafers they got for back to school. In the summer they will get sneakers ( not sure what’s in this year but my middle one says adidas are out). After pesach I think some girls will be wearing their sneakers if your school allows. Maybe you can compromise?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics