Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How do you feel about the covid vaccine now?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

How do you feel about the covid vaccine now?
I never took it and never plan to  
 55%  [ 182 ]
I took the vaccine and regret it  
 7%  [ 26 ]
I took the vaccine and I'm happy I took it but would not take a booster  
 20%  [ 69 ]
I took a vaccine and I'm happy I took it and will continue to take boosters  
 10%  [ 36 ]
I took the vaccine and I'm not sure how I feel about it  
 4%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 329

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 2:32 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Not scared to post under my screen name. I ran to get the vaccine as soon as I could. People were dying from covid. Young,healthy,old ,sick..covid did not discriminate. I have zero regrets.
At this point, everyone who wanted the vaccine got it and those who didn't want it got it or didn't. The vaccine threads have served their purpose and there's no point to any of it at this time.

This is misinformation. Covid does discriminate. It effects the old and infirm much more than the young and healthy. The data is clear. Of the over 1 million US covid deaths around 95% were from people over 45. Only around 5% were under 45.

So let's not lump everyone in the same category with the same needs. A healthy 25 year old doesn't have anywhere near the risk of an overweight 60 year old.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 2:34 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nah..I'm not scared to post under my screen name unlike yourself. I'm also far from clueless ,unlike yourself. Wish there was a šŸ” emoji!Oh look I found one!

But you're posting misinformation under your screenname.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Iā€™d rather be an anonymous posting chicken than an unlearned chicken follower of evil, power hungry people. I choose my chicken wisely with open eyes and an open mind.

Ok anonymous imamother. Whatever you say.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Viola wrote:
This is misinformation. Covid does discriminate. It effects the old and infirm much more than the young and healthy. The data is clear. Of the over 1 million US covid deaths around 95% were from people over 45. Only around 5% were under 45.

So let's not lump everyone in the same category with the same needs. A healthy 25 year old doesn't have anywhere near the risk of an overweight 60 year old.

People around me were dying daily. Young and healthy old and infirm. It did not discriminate. Many otherwise healthy people died or got put in the hospital and almost died

fleetwood

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Viola wrote:
But you're posting misinformation under your screenname.

Except I'm not ,anonymous imamother.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Apr 28 2023, 3:08 pm
fleetwood wrote:
People around me were dying daily. Young and healthy old and infirm. It did not discriminate. Many otherwise healthy people died or got put in the hospital and almost died

So you are refuting scientific data based on billions of people around the world with your tiny sample size of the people around you?

Is it really your opinion that covid doesn't discriminate between young and old? WADR, you shouldn't say that. What you're saying is factually inaccurate.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 6:59 am
We took the vaccine because we wanted/needed to travel and that was the only way to be able to at the time. I didn't feel it was necessary because we had all already had covid and ergo all had natural immunity which I knew - despite all the "science" claiming otherwise - was superior to artificially induced immunity/antibodies, but I also wasn't really worried about side effects. I wouldn't bother with boosters because, again, we all had covid already and have antibodies against it.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 7:28 am
fleetwood wrote:

How many young healthy people that you know died from covid? And what do you consider young?

fleetwood

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:34 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
How many young healthy people that you know died from covid? And what do you consider young?

I know 6.all under the age of 50...4 were under 40.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:39 am
I voted that I took the vaccine but wouldn't take a booster, but the truth is I'll decide for each booster, like I decide each year for the flu vaccine. It will depend how bad the variants going around are and what my circumstances are. Like if there's an elderly relative staying with us I might get it. Or if I'm pregnant. But normally I won't bother.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:07 am
fleetwood wrote:
I know 6.all under the age of 50...4 were under 40.

Sorry to hear that but it still doesn't change the data or science.

It would be like me saying my grandparents all smoked, didn't do exercise, were all very overweight, and drank tons of alcohol and all lived to be 100.

Does this prove that this behavior leads to longevity? Of course not. We'd look at the data of hundreds of millions of people and conclude that these behaviors all pose health risks regardless of the outcomes of a few individual people.

Same with covid. It doesn't change anything if you knew people who were outliers and went against the data. The data (or shall we say science) includes millions of people and is very clear. Covid discriminates against the old. 95% of covid deaths were from people over 45. Less than 1% were from those under age 30.

To suggest that everyone should have the same behavior when it comes to protecting themselves from covid is just plain wrong.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:15 am
I got the vaccine during early pregnancy in the delta serge, I had high antibodies yet my ob still advised to get it, 24 hours later I had a miscarriage, no I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence

fleetwood

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:17 am
amother Viola wrote:
Sorry to hear that but it still doesn't change the data or science.

It would be like me saying my grandparents all smoked, didn't do exercise, were all very overweight, and drank tons of alcohol and all lived to be 100.

Does this prove that this behavior leads to longevity? Of course not. We'd look at the data of hundreds of millions of people and conclude that these behaviors all pose health risks regardless of the outcomes of a few individual people.

Same with covid. It doesn't change anything if you knew people who were outliers and went against the data. The data (or shall we say science) includes millions of people and is very clear. Covid discriminates against the old. 95% of covid deaths were from people over 45. Less than 1% were from those under age 30.

To suggest that everyone should have the same behavior when it comes to protecting themselves from covid is just plain wrong.

I never suggested anything. I was explaining my personal experience. Since I post under my screen name feel free to look up old posts. I've never advocated for a vaccine mandate..in fact just the opposite. I've always said I could care less what anyone does.
We were asked for our personal experience and I gave mine. End of story.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:18 am
Find it encouraging that Robert F Kennedy Jr has been speaking out publicly about the truth. Sad that ABC censored some of his remarks about the vaccine. Transparency and open debate, not censorship, is the way to go. 1st Amendment.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:20 am
amother Valerian wrote:
I got the vaccine during early pregnancy in the delta serge, I had high antibodies yet my ob still advised to get it, 24 hours later I had a miscarriage, no I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence
What about the women who did get the caccine and didn't miscarry?

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:28 am
I got the vaccine and I got COVID as well and DH also got he vaxx. I got pregnant easily, didn't miscarry and have a healthy baby and didn't regret it. Maybe it only works on leftwing people you don't know... šŸ„²šŸ™„

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:14 am
amother Viola wrote:

45 isnā€™t old. Unless youā€™re living in the 1800s.
Glad the less than 1% didnā€™t affect you.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:16 am
amother Valerian wrote:

Correlation is not causation. Iā€™m sorry you had a miscarriage.

Trademark

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:33 am
I took the vaccine for travel purposes and I don't regret it.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 10:39 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Correlation is not causation. Iā€™m sorry you had a miscarriage.

Many obgyn have said they saw the correlation. There was a major uptick in miscarriages and stillbirths. And this is after the vaccine started. Nothing about covid or the vaccine is actually proven.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics