Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What would you pay for babysitting
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:28 pm
For a small group (4-6) of 1 year olds
Until 3 (maybe 3:30), obviously fridays
With all the talk of babysitters charging unfair prices, what would you consider a fair price per month?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:34 pm

Assuming you don’t take off for every snow day and midwinter vacation

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:

Assuming you don’t take off for every snow day and midwinter vacation

Why would I do that if I work from home?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:26 pm
I agree with the above poster. Low ratio and extended hours for a 1yo, I'd pay $800. But Id expect school schedule for days off. And advance notice if there will be a sub any day.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:54 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
But Id expect school schedule for days off. And advance notice if there will be a sub any day.

You can try for advance notice, but you have to bear in mind that emergencies sometimes happen.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:29 pm
Im curious why you would pay 800...people were horrified at the morah charging 750, is that because she only goes till 2?
I charge 700, I feel like its so much but its below the going rate apparently

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im curious why you would pay 800...people were horrified at the morah charging 750, is that because she only goes till 2?

Yes. Going to 3/3:30 is a huge difference than going til 2. Also a typical 1yr old group will have 8-10 kids not 4-6. And even more commonly, the smaller groups have the least hours

rkay

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

For that age, babysitters typically charge by the hour. Right now I am paying $6.50/hr which costs me about $800/ Month for the hours you are doing.
Playgroup Morahs who do older kids and tend take much larger groups ppl expect to pay less.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why would I do that if I work from home?
I don’t know. Ask my sons Morah. She doesn’t have any kids in school so that isn’t the reason. She just feels entitled to her days off.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 4:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
I charge 700, I feel like it’s so much but it’s below the going rate apparently
I thought you were asking about next year. Rates are going up.

Also the number of kids makes a huge difference.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 5:01 pm
I’m going to be paying $650 for 1 year old for next year and my friends with kids the same age are saying it’s of the pricier groups.
9:15-3 and Fridays till 12
10 kids w Morah and assistant

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 5:38 pm
We’re confusing a playgroup morah who charges per month and a babysitter who charges per hour, a 1 year old could fall into either of those.
For a playgroup morah there are usually more kids, and a monthly rate in the $500 range.
For a babysitter with a small group people usually pay hourly, which comes out to approx $800/month.
Big difference in the level of care and a babysitter usually can not go according to school schedule.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:07 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
We’re confusing a playgroup morah who charges per month and a babysitter who charges per hour, a 1 year old could fall into either of those.
For a playgroup morah there are usually more kids, and a monthly rate in the $500 range.
For a babysitter with a small group people usually pay hourly, which comes out to approx $800/month.
Big difference in the level of care and a babysitter usually can not go according to school schedule.
prices are closer to $700 for next year for playgroups.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:51 am
amother Dill wrote:
prices are closer to $700 for next year for playgroups.

No they’re not. I don’t know where you live but I currently have three kids in playgroup (not babysitting) and each one is in the $400 range. None are going up past $500. $700 is absolutely not the norm. This is a morah with regular hours until 3:00.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:04 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
No they’re not. I don’t know where you live but I currently have three kids in playgroup (not babysitting) and each one is in the $400 range. None are going up past $500. $700 is absolutely not the norm. This is a morah with regular hours until 3:00.
South Lakewood. prices are closer to 700

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:06 am

I want to reiterate this. I keep seeing people post the norm is 800. I feel like it’s Morah’s posting it so that they can charge this 😆
I’m hearing 500 over and over again. I have not heard 800 anywhere for a playgroup besides here ! Lol

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:11 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Some babysitters charge by the month while charging babysitting rates. I assumed that’s what op meant. She said 4-6 kids which is a very good ratio.

But I agree, it needs to be an office schedule rather than school schedule. For example, no taking off 2 weeks for Pesach.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:15 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
I want to reiterate this. I keep seeing people post the norm is 800. I feel like it’s Morah’s posting it so that they can charge this 😆
I’m hearing 500 over and over again. I have not heard 800 anywhere for a playgroup besides here ! Lol

100000%. Most morahs are charging upper $400 range, SOME are very low $500. I don’t know of a single morah charging more than $520 and I’m in the “parsha”

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:16 am
amother Dill wrote:
South Lakewood. prices are closer to 700

Nope. I live there too. In fact I have three morahs on my block alone and ALL are charging in the upper $400 range

amother
Dill

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:29 am
Nope. I live there too. In fact I have three morahs on my block alone and ALL are charging in the upper $400 range
not in my experience. Can you share a name and number of your morah if she still has a slot available?
I was discussing it with teacher's in school. They were all saying how crazy it is that playgroups are charging close to $700 for next year. Playgroups in oak and vine and surrounding neighborhood.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries