Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
UPDATED!!!! on Switching to a flip phone- need Chizuk
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:24 pm
Looking for people who switched to a flip phone from a smartphone and had a drastic positive difference in their life that can give me chizuk.

I ordered a flip phone and am feeling somewhat uneasy even though I know I’m making the right choice.

Anyone have an chizuk for me?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for people who switched to a flip phone from a smartphone and had a drastic positive difference in their life that can give me chizuk.

I ordered a flip phone and am feeling somewhat uneasy even though I know I’m making the right choice.

Anyone have an chizuk for me?

I’ve been wanting to do this too! Already have my flip phone in my house and can’t bring myself to do the switch! I’m also doing it for things in my life to turn around, and I think I’m afraid that it won’t help Sad

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:46 pm
I would also love to switch to a flip… I waste so much time on my iPhone. But I also use it for work and numerous other areas that ease my life.
My husband is not only not encouraging me… he’s almost discouraging me.

I just can’t do it without his support. He has valid reasons for not encouraging me… basicly because I’ll be stuck in numerous scenarios without it and he knows I’ll end up using his phone for everything.
I’m just stuck

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:18 pm
I switched to a flip phone almost 3 years ago and I am so happy with the decision! I still have a laptop with access to the internet but its so freeing not to be tied to a phone all hours of the day. I feel much more present and I think (and hope!) that my parenting has improved too.

PS I had all the excuses in the world to say "I need it for work" and I used them for a while. But when I finally did it I found that work was just fine without me for a few minutes here and there.

newinbp

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 11:29 pm
Any flip you recommend getting? I'm considering it, looking for a basic flip just talk and text thanks Smile
And if I do, we can start a support group!! Seriously cuz I actually like my smartphone. But I find in addicted even without social media Sad

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:18 pm
I went through a whole bunch of junky phones that after a few months of use became so slow they were unusable. Finally I bought a refurbished LG Exalt for $$$. Its known for being the best flip phone but its discontinued so you can only buy it used.

Cressel

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:06 pm
newinbp wrote:
Any flip you recommend getting? I'm considering it, looking for a basic flip just talk and text thanks Smile
And if I do, we can start a support group!! Seriously cuz I actually like my smartphone. But I find in addicted even without social media Sad

Acatel, TCL, or Sunbeam Orchid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:10 pm
Anyone switched to a flip phone that can tell me about the positive impact in made in their lives?

I know I need to get rid of my cellphone since it is making me lazy, unproductive, and unfocused.

I ordered a flip phone that should be arriving shortly.

It's so hard for me because I don't come from a Yeshivish family so it's not the kind of lifestyle I am accustomed to. Nevertheless I know my smartphone needs to go.

Any chiuzk?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:30 pm
I would also love to switch. wish I had a support group or something.
I don't even know which phone to get if I switch.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 11:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone switched to a flip phone that can tell me about the positive impact in made in their lives?

I know I need to get rid of my cellphone since it is making me lazy, unproductive, and unfocused.

I ordered a flip phone that should be arriving shortly.

It's so hard for me because I don't come from a Yeshivish family so it's not the kind of lifestyle I am accustomed to. Nevertheless I know my smartphone needs to go.

Any chiuzk?

Which one did you order?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 12:06 am
I would like to hear from someone who has all her family on whatsapp as well as friends and is part of lots of chats, and gave up her smartphone. If anyone has personal experience doing such a thing please share! Thanks!

amother
Holly

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 12:12 am
amother OP wrote:

Your smartphone can make you smarter, more efficient and more productive. Avoid getting lost with Waze, listen to shiurim, learn a Mishna or two or say tehillim while waiting in line at the supermarket, avoid phone time by booking appointments online etc.

It's not the tools, it's the person using them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
I would like to hear from someone who has all her family on whatsapp as well as friends and is part of lots of chats, and gave up her smartphone. If anyone has personal experience doing such a thing please share! Thanks!

Me!!
I got WhatsApp on my computer.

You can even view statuses on the computer!

No need to be missing out on ANYTHING

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 5:35 pm
Which one did you order?

A TCL

Planning on using my MacBook for WhatsApp and email and using the TCL flip for calling and messaging ppl

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 6:41 pm

u can have whatsapp on a tablet/ computer

Cressel

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
u can have whatsapp on a tablet/ computer

Yes! And I have found it to be worthwhile for myself considering the amount of time I used to waste on there.

When its on my phone, I tend to open it unnecessarily out of habit. Thereby using it more than I need to.

Definitely a good alternative if you want to still have WhatsApp with all the distractions and temptations

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:08 pm
I am dying to switch and I’m just too afraid to make the jump.
Wish there was some sort of program to help ease oneself into it. I feel like I’m jumping into an ocean and the fear is stopping me. Rly rly wish I had more strength to make the switch.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:39 pm

This is me. It's the hardest part, feeling left out of family news and not being able to video call my family.

And I know it's so hard for my mother not to be able to video call (we don't live nearby).

But it's worth it when I look at my pure lechtiga children. And I know that is the biggest nachas for my mother as well.

(I don't have whatsapp on computer either, it's filtered.)

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:55 pm
I got a kosher phone, I still have my smartphone when I’m home (connected to Wi-Fi) but it’s definitely easing the transition, and I hope to give it up completely real soon!

Few things keeping me back.
1. I’m obsessed with taking photos of my kids and their shenanigans. I know I can get a camera but rlly… it’s not the same. Any other ideas?

2. How can I have WhatsApp on laptop without a smartphone? If it’s possible can someone guide me how I’d set it up?

Cressel

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I am dying to switch and I’m just too afraid to make the jump.
Wish there was some sort of program to help ease oneself into it. I feel like I’m jumping into an ocean and the fear is stopping me. Rly rly wish I had more strength to make the switch.

I certainly relate to that. I had the EXACT same feeling. I couldn't have said it better.

It felt so scary, uneasy, and made me so afraid to do it no matter how much evidence showed me that it was what I should do.

I recommend listening the Hineini Hotline 302-446-3464

It's a life changing hotline that transformed my view and helped me tremendously

Last edited by Cressel on Wed, May 03 2023, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics