Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
New Valco Double vs. Baby Jogger Mini
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:51 pm
avimom wrote:
I love my citi mini- don't find it harder to push

does it have an adjustable handle bar like the latitude?
that's going to be important for tall mommies!

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 1:52 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the city-mini? I see that the valco latitude double is 28.5 inches wide. Is the citi-mini smaller than that? Could someone who has it measure it for me?--I can't seem to find the dimensions listed on baby jogger's website.

supposedly it's 29" wide

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:13 pm
chaylizi wrote:
avimom wrote:
I love my citi mini- don't find it harder to push

does it have an adjustable handle bar like the latitude?
that's going to be important for tall mommies!

the handle bar is NOT adjustable. however, it is geared for tall people. I am 5'8 and dh is 6 feet and its perfect for both of us. I suppose a shorter person may be a bit uncomfotable

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:14 pm
I'm 5'8"- that's why I was asking. my single strollers are both adjustable, b/c I never found anything else to suit me.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:28 pm
avimom wrote:
I put a ton of stuff on the handles of my city mini using a mommy hook and haven't found it to be tipsy or flimsy at all. In fact, I found it to be better than the doubke maclaren. It fits everywhere!!

the double maclaren is just a stinky stroller. I can't stand it. I finally unloaded mine on ebay & b"n will never buy another one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:41 pm
Yup -- Mini City is not suitable for short people. Or at least at my height (well under 5 feet). I pushed one for a test drive and it was pretty uncomfortable for me. Chaval it's not adjustable.
If I were in the market for a new double, I really would look at the Valco Latitude right now....one day. (And by then there will be even better strollers on the market Very Happy)

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 14 2008, 2:43 pm
well you win some you lose some. I could never look at a combi. and I was so sad when I finally had to acknowledge that pushing my zippy was the pits. I kicked it every single step I took. I was crushed.

GiGichai

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:10 pm
is there a store in brooklyn that sells the new valco latitude double? I would love to see it in person before purchasing.

shabri

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:17 pm
I was just in a store who sells both. The woman told me that the Valco is a more expensive not as good knockoff of the citymini. I explained to her that I wanted it b/c of the car seat capability. She told me that the new CityMini (due out in Oct) is going to have a car seat adaptor--so thats where I'm leaning right now.

csb

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 8:22 pm
I am five two and DH is five ten and both of us have no issue with the handle height on the mini

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 9:15 pm
GiGichai wrote:
is there a store in brooklyn that sells the new valco latitude double? I would love to see it in person before purchasing.

Tons of stores in BP sell it adn I'm sure in other areas too.

Little King and Queen
Mega Babies
Berkowitz

I don't remember where else

YahooSerious

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:52 pm
Does the city mini have a taller seat back than the latitude? The basket on the Latitude looks better (from pics online) - stability/capacity - than the citi mini. I can't wait to test them both in the store with my toddler.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 9:08 pm
Sooo, did anybody actually go and compare the two? I'd love to hear ur responses.

MOE

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 11:04 pm
I did...I like the valco more then the mini......but I am leaning towards the phil & teds right now.....I live in a place where there is snow and the valco tires will hold up much better then the mini I believe so if you live in israel my review dosnt really help....but I like the new phil and teds

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:31 pm
I compared them and that's why I bought the Valco-- I liked it better

BusyBeeMommy

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:08 pm
Why do like the valco better?

queen

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:30 pm
just noting that the wheels are not jogging wheels on the new valco.
If you are not a big walker, than fine, however speaking for myself- I LOVE the big jogging wheels on my baby jogger- city series/double. Pushes like a dream.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 2:57 pm
They also aren't jogging wheels on the City Mini Smile

chaylizi

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 3:02 pm
I'm planning on getting 2. I did this for my single strollers. I have a car stroller & an outdoors stroller. I can't constantly lift a heavy double in and out of my car, but I do love my AT strollers. I know I won't get any baby presents this time, but my mother & mother in law can usually be counted on to help me with what I need. especially since I have all the baby equipment I could possibly need by now, except for double strollers.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 5:50 pm
Lucky you, chaylizi! I'm having my second and there's still a bunch of stuff I need in terms of baby gear. I would love to get a walking double stroller and a car one, but I need other stuff and can't spend the $$$ Sad I really want a jogging stroller as I do a lot of walking plus winter's coming up, but we have a small car and it would take up all the room. Will have to look into the valco and city mini for now.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics