Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
$3,000 for 3 nights in Meron

redrose

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 8:49 am
husband wants to stay lag baomer in Meron, the only option I got is $3,000 for 3 nights. Does this make any sense??? anywhere I can find something more decent? Hope you understand all he's getting is a bedroom with 2 beds! Any other leads will be great help

Elfrida

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:15 am
Lag b'Omer in Meron is peak season. If he would want to go the before or the week after, he could get a much better price. But if he is only looking now, less than a week before Lag b'Omer, he needs to take what he can get.

Maybe someone else can go with him to sleep in the second bed, and they could split the costs.

(My friend takes a tent and camps for next to nothing.)

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:19 am
Yes, this price makes sense for Lag B'omer. He can stay elsewhere and travel to Meron. People stay in Tzfas or Tverya, it's also expensive, but less than Meron.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:37 am
Lots of people go together with one or two people and share the cost. It’s the only way my DH has done it and he never stayed in Meron. He stayed in Tverya and took the bus to Meron.

redrose

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:43 am
do you need pass to go to meron this year?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:50 am
redrose wrote:
do you need pass to go to meron this year?

Yes.

twizzlers1

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:56 am
It’s all about supply and demand. They are able to get it when everyone in the entire country wants to come plus a lot of people out of the country. Everyone I know stays in a tent Or travels and it doesn’t sleep that night.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:01 am
We paid this price 10 years ago, so yes.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:46 am
I don’t know. I went to Meron for Lag B’Omer during my seminary year and I found it to be such a let-down. Even back then (25 plus years ago) I found it to be crowded. There were pickpockets and my friends were victims of that. There were druggies everywhere. Yes we did see dancing, briefly, at the kever, but I was exhausted and out of it for most of the time (nowhere to sit down and we were wandering around the whole night until our bus took us back to school in the morning).

Like another poster said - the week before or week after sounds much better to me.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 11:29 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I don’t know. I went to Meron for Lag B’Omer during my seminary year and I found it to be such a let-down. Even back then (25 plus years ago) I found it to be crowded. There were pickpockets and my friends were victims of that. There were druggies everywhere. Yes we did see dancing, briefly, at the kever, but I was exhausted and out of it for most of the time (nowhere to sit down and we were wandering around the whole night until our bus took us back to school in the morning).

Like another poster said - the week before or week after sounds much better to me.

This is why people pay so much to sleep there.
Thr experience of traveling for many hours on a bus to be somewhere for a few hours is exhausting.
If you get there the day before, sleep in, it's a different experience. In addition, even during the day when you feel it might be too much, you have somewhere to rest and recuperate. I did it for many years. I don't think I can do it at this point in my life though. It was a beautiful experience.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 12:58 pm
Peak peak peak season so yes you pay a fortune.
If you better price you need to book wayyyy earlier.

yc

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:22 am
try one of the moshavim nearby like safsufa, ohr haganuz etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics