Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
S/o PSA if you are having guests who have a baby under 6 mon
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 1:11 pm
Oh my. This is bringing back some memories. I've sat in lots of people's bedrooms because that's where their rocking chair is. I thought that was so sweet of them. I've nursed in plenty of kids rooms. I can't think of ever in the bathroom if I was in someone's house. (Malls and restaurants sure).

I happen to absolutely love it when the hostess comes in joins me. But only if she's not busy. I think often enough she thinks I wants privacy. I don't care for privacy. Nursing makes me lonely and not very self conscious. Look at your own risk Wink If I have something to read then I'm fine. (And if I don't I manage.)

I wouldn't call my nursing experiences similar to this (but without the freezing cold BH) traumatic, but I would call them unpleasant and a big reason why I definitely did not want to go anywhere leil seder even though I had to lead the seder since my husband won't.

My very Charedi friends are not comfortable with me nursing in public even covered. I definitely have and it was just too bad. But I try to be nice and go private when I could. (The time I really didn't want to was when it was 3 flights up from the sukkah to nurse in private. Baby was 3.5 months)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 6:17 pm
I would never expect any host to have baby 'equipment' - just like I would not expect any of my guests to bring it with them! I have never heard of anyone setting up a baby nursing 'station' - I have 4 children and I never nursed so that was never on my radar. My sisters & sisters-in-law do - I just let then use a kids bedroom if they need. I think it makes others feel awkward if they are nursing in front of everyone - even if covered, but there have been a few mishaps which I would try to avoid again.
Bottom line - dont assume anything about your hosts or guests, ask your guest what they need in advance and mention to your hosts in advance if you will need anything. Open communication is key.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics