Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need ideas for how to get clients for my business
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:35 pm
I'm at a loss for how to attract clients for my business.
I know it's a good service/product. I know that everyone needs it.
I know the type of person that would appreciate what I'm selling and pay for it.

I don't know how to find them and spread the word of what I am offering.

Any ideas?

I have a proper website and I'm on social media. It hasn't helped me bring in clients yet.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:38 pm
If everyone needs it why are you not attracting customers?
Is it a necessity or luxury?
Do you have lots of competition?
Maybe start off very cheap?

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:39 pm
Since social media works, maybe try to reach out to some influencers and offer to have them promote your product. It seems to work

saweetie

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:45 pm
What is your business selling?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
If everyone needs it why are you not attracting customers?
Is it a necessity or luxury?
Do you have lots of competition?
Maybe start off very cheap?

It's a luxury.
I have no competition, I don't think anyone else does what I do.

I don't know how to get the word out. I don't know how to attract customers out of thin air.

That's what I'm asking.

The price is not the issue.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:54 pm
saweetie wrote:
What is your business selling?

I create family videos with all your phone videos. I create a video for each year that your family can enjoy over and over again. I help you every step of the way so you don't need to be tech smart. I will help you empty your phone of videos and safely store them.

I've had very satisfied clients who are so happy to have everything preserved and their camera roll empty with room for more. I have those reviews on my site. I just don't know how to get the word out to people who would be my ideal client.

My ideal client is someone who values photos, has them hanging on their wall, printed in albums/photobooks etc, pays for photoshoots etc.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:55 pm
Word of mouth is the best
You need a few happy costumers to spread your name around to everyone they know

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Since social media works, maybe try to reach out to some influencers and offer to have them promote your product. It seems to work

I don't know how this works and I feel weird doing that! I also don't know who I would reach out to.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:56 pm
sounds like you need to learn marketing skills. or clarify your message. or hone in on your ideal client. check out the podcasts of James Wedmore and Amy Porterfield for starters.

amother
Navy

Do whatever it is for a couple of people for low or no cost, and have them spread the word. Post in stores or other venues your potential clientele is likely to frequent. Speak to someone in marketing and see how they can help you advertise. Speak to a business consultant/coach. Post interesting videos on Instagram to grab attention. Get all your family and friends to be your followers so they’ll pull in more people.

amother
OP

amother Starflower wrote:
Word of mouth is the best
You need a few happy costumers to spread your name around to everyone they know

I know! I just need to get those starting customers! I have one that recommended me to her family and friends and that got me a few. I was so grateful to her, I gave her a referral discount for each referral. But I need a few more leads!

amother
Leaf

Advertising. targeted marketing. Hire a marketer. That's their job.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I create family videos with all your phone videos. I create a video for each year that your family can enjoy over and over again. I help you every step of the way so you don't need to be tech smart. I will help you empty your phone of videos and safely store them.

I've had very satisfied clients who are so happy to have everything preserved and their camera roll empty with room for more. I have those reviews on my site. I just don't know how to get the word out to people who would be my ideal client.

My ideal client is someone who values photos, has them hanging on their wall, printed in albums/photobooks etc, pays for photoshoots etc.

I wish you’d also come take the videos first.
Same with photos. I value them but don’t take enough!
I think it’s a great fun idea.
How about advertising here with Yael’s permission?

mushkamothers

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:57 pm
amother OP wrote:

Your ideal client is actually someone who is busy, like a mom. or not tech savvy, like a grandma. what's their pain point? why would they pay you?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:58 pm
Tell your current customers for every client they refer you they can get x amount off their next years video montage.
As much as no one wants to admit it. Have a social media person promote it.
Advertise a coupon in your local flyer. Advertise end of the school year promo for a school years worth of photos in your kids, neighbors kids,etc school newsletter or school.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Advertising. targeted marketing. Hire a marketer. That's their job.

How much does that cost?

ellacoe

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 7:59 pm
According to your post, your offering and message are spot on, but you are not getting it in front of the right people? Assuming that your offer and your message are perfect, you next have to find your people. Who is your target market, define them clearly. Where are they and what are they doing? What are they reading, watching, seeing, hanging out etc.

It is hard to give actual suggestions not knowing what the product/service is.

(I was in marketing first time around.)

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:02 pm
Some of the people who would particularly need your help with something like this (like me! not tech savvy at all), might be the people who are more likely to read a printed ad in a publication, or an ad hanging in a store; such as a children’s clothing store. Maybe you could try advertising that way, too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:02 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Your ideal client is actually someone who is busy, like a mom. or not tech savvy, like a grandma. what's their pain point? why would they pay you?

It's a mom who has young kids and is taking lots of videos on their phone. Their phone storage is full and they don't know how to get it off and what to do with it.
The clients I've worked with are not tech savvy at all and I've walked them through every step of the process. For some I do it all for them.

I say they value photos and have them hanging on their walls, because I'm a photographer as well. I can see the people that are interested, get professional photoshoots, they have photos printed.

The people that have blank walls and never printed a photo or wedding album, wouldn't pay for family videos. It's not something they would necessarily value.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Some of the people who would particularly need your help with something like this (like me! not tech savvy at all), might be the people who are more likely to read a printed ad in a publication, or an ad hanging in a store; such as a children’s clothing store. Maybe you could try advertising that way, too.

I don't live in a big Jewish community. I don't know about publications and stores that would reach my ideal audience.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics