Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
AliExpress - Please help with disputes

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:13 pm
I placed a couple of orders on Ali that were preorders so the turnaround time is extra long. In order to deal with logistics of keeping the order open longer they sometimes send a bogus package (I got neckties twice) which generates a tracking number which now shows delivered. However I never confirmed that I received the items I ordered which seems to work. Now here’s the problem, some items did arrive on April 11 and Ali makes you confirm the items, but you can select which items showed up which I did. I noticed a few days ago that on April 27 Ali sent an email that I confirmed my order aka the rest of the items. However I never received the rest. I tried reaching out to the seller over the weekend but no response. I have 15 days according to Ali to dispute however that took me many days to figure out how to do that since it just wasn’t working. I finally disputed them yesterday and got a response today that my claim is invalid since they have tracking that it was delivered and I should speak to my post office.
My bigger issue is I don’t have a pic or video of me opening the package since I never had this issue.

My problem is that from a different seller I now have the same issue, a few days ago only 2/4 items arrived from one order and the 2nd order from the 2nd seller didn’t show up, but they were all under the same tracker so they’re marked as delivered and Ali suddenly sent me an email that my order was confirmed and they moved it to the closed order section (aka that I’m not waiting for it to be shipped anymore)

Anyone have experience with this? Not sure what my Credit Card company would do either since there is proof of tracking on their end etc.

I do have some convo with one seller about me getting a necktie instead of my package but I doubt that’s enough.

It’s a little over $100 worth of clothes plus these are outfits I counted on for my kids.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:33 pm
try reaching out to customer service via live chat rather than the seller

amother
Sage

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:38 pm
Even if you don't confirm that you received your order, after a certain amount of time, if the seller confirms you got and you don't dispute it, its automatically accepted. You have to dispute before the time runs out (usually about 30 days, but it could be less or more). When you get a bogus package, you have to take a picture of it and add it to the dispute. Always do it right away, they basically always side with the buyer.
I once ordered a specially tailored wedding suit for my toddler, which was quite expensive. When it arrived, it was literally a dolls outfit. I dressed a doll in the outfit, took a photo and opened a dispute. I got a refund and our doll got a new fancy outfit for free.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:40 pm
My problem is that from a different seller I now have the same issue, a few days ago only 2/4 items arrived from one order and the 2nd order from the 2nd seller didn’t show up, but they were all under the same tracker so they’re marked as delivered and Ali suddenly sent me an email that my order was confirmed and they moved it to the closed order section (aka that I’m not waiting for it to be shipped anymore)

You can open a dispute in the closed order section.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:51 pm
I’ve had bad experience trying to dispute as well.
Until I gave up. I think the order was $60.
At this point I learnt where it pays to order from and where not. I stopped using ali.
Shein And Temu are much better.
Amazon still the best.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:07 pm
Did chatting the sellers directly do anything?

Or try Ali customer service.
Your supposed to get the items, even after you got the necktie. My friend got her thing last week.

Regarding the cc, mine asks me how much I wanted to dispute. So I took off the items that I got refunded for and cc refunded the rest.
My pkg was lost. Only 2/3 sellers refunded.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:43 am
For those saying to dispute, I already did through Ali and it came back invalid since it’s marked as delivered and they have a tracking number.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:44 am
amother cornflower wrote:
Did chatting the sellers directly do anything?

Or try Ali customer service.
Your supposed to get the items, even after you got the necktie. My friend got her thing last week.

Regarding the cc, mine asks me how much I wanted to dispute. So I took off the items that I got refunded for and cc refunded the rest.
My pkg was lost. Only 2/3 sellers refunded.

I tried both sellers so far no response.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:49 am
If I don’t get a reasonable response for something that is definitely their mistake or item substantially different than what I ordered I go straight to disputing it on my credit card but I pretty much stopped ordering from them because I just find it too annoying.

mikayla18

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:50 am
Dispute on your credit card not through ali. Tell them what happened
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics