Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Little girls summer tights

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:16 pm
My soon 3 year old will have to start wearing tights in school this upcoming school year. What type of tights do I buy? I saw thin Memoi ribbed ones, do those tear very quickly? Are the thicker cotton tights too warm for the summer or fine? And which colors do I buy? She has white sneakers so white tights to match the shoe? Or is white nebby Wink
Thanks so much! And I'm not interested in any comments saying it is abuse to put tights on little girls in the summer, myob!

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:26 pm
I do white cotton tights from Zubii. Fits well, lasts the longest without randomly tearing or pimpling.
I do some flat cotton and the thick ribbed. (The thin ribbed runs very shluchy in my opinion)

I love the look of fresh white tights in the heat, but I'm sure others will tell you otherwise.

Do not get her opaque or it will look like shabbes tights.

It's pretty expensive a pair but I'm a girl mama that literally tried every brand cotton tights and can tell you this is great. I usually buy 8 pairs a season per kid ( Summer maybe more) and never have to buy more cause they tore or pimpled.

Happy decision making.

Highstrung

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:29 pm
I’ve seen girls wear white and chambray (denim look) .

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:39 pm
Thanks so much! I prefer white too so happy to hear that it's ok ;-)
navyblue - do you mean the "sweater" tights? Same as I used in the winter but in white?
And how do you keep them white? Do they not start greying after a few washes?
And what about shabbos? Crocheted tights?

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much! I prefer white too so happy to hear that it's ok ;-)
navyblue - do you mean the "sweater" tights? Same as I used in the winter but in white?
And how do you keep them white? Do they not start greying after a few washes?
And what about shabbos? Crocheted tights?

https://zubiikids.com/products.....13005
https://zubiikids.com/products/ca110-webc

You could probably find them for $8.99 in stores.

I wash it only with a white hot water load together with underwear and use good detergant.
Definitly will not stay perfectly white but thats part of life with kids in white anything.

I don't really dress my 3 yr olds in tights ( Only in school ) so I wouldn't know whats perfect for that age. But my older girls are in Butterfly ivory opaque tights or sheer nude. If you like crochet then go for it. ( I don't love the busy dizzy look)

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 12:53 pm
Thank you, I really appreciate it!
She's way too young for nude tights... I'm also not sure about the crocheted look, it'll look adorable with one of her outfits but not sure about the other one. are opaque ribbed tights ok for shabbos?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 4:05 pm
Anyone know if the zubii tights are sold in Europe? If not, please some other recs, anyone happy with Memoi?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 6:18 am
Bump. Can anyone European chime in if zubii tights can be bought here? (online preferably)
If not, any other tights recs?
Thanks!

DreamerForever

Post Wed, May 10 2023, 8:39 am
Accessory world is online, but they don't have a huge selection of kids tights.

These are brilliant quality, but they run a little big, so if your child isn't big for her age, they might be saggy.

https://accessoryworldonline.c.....ights

These are great too.

https://accessoryworldonline.c.....ghts.

Thick cotton is fine for the beginning of the summer (where I live) , but in the heat the thin ones are more appropriate.

If you're in London, the shops here have a big selection. C&G (from Israel) tights are brilliant quality- and they are kind of 'netted' in pretty patterns. In whites, navy, denim, black etc.

Memoi or Zubii also make tights which are medium weight (in between winter and summer thickness) which are nice in white- They have a subtle texture which looks more like a sock.

Good luck! And enjoy the socks on Sundays Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics