Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What age bracket wears a Kate spade crossbody bag?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 7:54 am
Also- what age bracket would normally wear a coach crossbody?
Deciding if either one is appropriate for a woman who is probably almost 50 but looks younger.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:00 am
It could be appropriate. Depends on how she dresses and her style.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:02 am
I don't see it as an age thing. If you like it you wear it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:10 am
amother Viola wrote:
It could be appropriate. Depends on how she dresses and her style.

She is not trendy at all but she always looks put together, clean clothing in good condition - even if not the most stylish
That’s why I thought a nice bag could add something… just didn’t want it to be the same thing a 19 year old would be wearing

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:14 am
Are you trying to buy someone a gift?

Librarian

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:16 am
I am in my low 50s and have given thought to this myself. I personally would not wear Kate Spade or Coach anymore.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:16 am
amother OP wrote:
She is not trendy at all but she always looks put together, clean clothing in good condition - even if not the most stylish
That’s why I thought a nice bag could add something… just didn’t want it to be the same thing a 19 year old would be wearing

Because you are looking to buy a gift for somebody, you should buy them what they want, or will find useful. From this comment, it reads that you are buying something for this person because you think it’s something they should have. Why not ask what they would like as a gift instead of select it for them?

amother
Viola

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:20 am
amother OP wrote:

19 year olds wear everything… from Kate spade and lululemon to Louis Vuitton…

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:25 am
Librarian wrote:
I am in my low 50s and have given thought to this myself. I personally would not wear Kate Spade or Coach anymore.

What do you wear?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 8:26 am
watergirl wrote:
Because you are looking to buy a gift for somebody, you should buy them what they want, or will find useful. From this comment, it reads that you are buying something for this person because you think it’s something they should have. Why not ask what they would like as a gift instead of select it for them?

Don’t read into it so much! She WANTS a nice bag and I want to buy her one for a gift.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:16 am
Op, Im sorry you are being interogated for your generosity! If my daughter wanted to buy me a gift, I would really appreciate if she put so much thought into what would look good on me. We often discuss these things, as she is now a kallah maidel and I am still a relatively youngish mother...we often overlap on style, and I would be embarrassed to wear something that is totally too young for me. So I will ask her opinion! I would love a good, thought-out answer to your question on purses!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:30 am
I gifted my SIL a Kate Spade bag for her eighth grade graduation.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:38 am
I just got a Kate Spade bag. I'm 38.

watergirl

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Don’t read into it so much! She WANTS a nice bag and I want to buy her one for a gift.

I’m sorry, I did not mean to come off that way. I guess I’m just trying to say ask her if she would like it and if so, go for it. I don’t think it is that important here.

Maybe post a picture of the specific bag you had in mind or style for opinions? There are many different styles of Kate spade Crossbody bags.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:47 am
I’m nearing the age of the friend… I’m into a style, not brands. I think that’s I’m finding this post confusing.

Librarian

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
What do you wear?

I recently bought myself 3 Ferragamo bags. The teens don't wear it and they don't make knock-offs that I know of. One was black crossbody and one was an ivory crossbody new on ebay and a new black wallet on a chain on European website I don't remember the name off hand. All were nicely reduced, I probably paid half price. This probably would not work for buying a gift. Might I suggest Furla? The leather is beautiful and I don't think the kids will be wearing it. Also Longchamps bags in LEATHER only might be a good choice too.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 9:58 am
I'm mortified! I'm running out now to replace my Kate Spade cross body bag with something more age appropriate for me. What are 36yr olds wearing now?

amother
Clover

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:15 am
Librarian wrote:
I recently bought myself 3 Ferragamo bags. The teens don't wear it and they don't make knock-offs that I know of. One was black crossbody and one was an ivory crossbody new on ebay and a new black wallet on a chain on European website I don't remember the name off hand. All were nicely reduced, I probably paid half price. This probably would not work for buying a gift. Might I suggest Furla? The leather is beautiful and I don't think the kids will be wearing it. Also Longchamps bags in LEATHER only might be a good choice too.

I agree that Furla is serious enough for all ages but come to Furla In Woodbury Commons.
It is full of working girls buying their bags.

There really is no way around this OP.

I think Kate Spade has a younger vibe than Coach because Kate has that bow.

I personally have a Coach bag and I like it but it is so serious and I'm saying this as someone in the Fourties.

Itsallfromhim

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:18 am
Librarian wrote:

Can you share any links?

amother
Pear

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 10:25 am
I'm in my 40s and I wouldn't wear either Kate spade or coach. Not really because of age...I just don't love either designer. I recently got myself a nice bag by Frame.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics