Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you have gloss porcelain floor tiles?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:51 am
I might be getting for my kitchen.
I'm debating between gloss and matt.
Are you happy with your tiles, what colour do you have and what colour grout?
I'd love gloss white with beige/gold running through. I saw this in our price range and love! I'd put brown grout so it won't get grubby.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:53 am
I have matte tiles in my kitchen and gloss in dining room.
I would not recommend gloss in kitchen. Gets dirty way too fast.

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:55 am
gloss can be slippery

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 10:58 am
I have white gloss in my kitchen and hate it. It gets dirty so fast, five minutes after cleaning it shows dirt again. And it's so slippery when it gets wet.

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:13 am
I love the look! But it’s so slippery when wet and I know someone who got badly hurt from it as a kid.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:14 am
I have gloss all over and they get dirty so fast

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:38 am
Thanks. Do matt not get dirty just as fast?
The same tile comes in gloss and matt.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 11:55 am
I have glossy tiles in my kitchen. Matte would have been a better choice. I have to wash the floor daily, sometimes twice a day. Very impractical.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:42 pm
Gloss porcelain floor tiles are beautiful. They are also dangerous. Please don't do it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:55 pm
I have but with a more busy pattern & it's ok. I do keep rugs at entrances & sinks. I wouldn't do mostly white as it'll look dirty all the time.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:46 pm
My MIL put them in 3 years ago and though they look magazine-worthy when freshly washed, she regrets blindly following the designer. Someone just has to go wash their hands in the kitchen (she doesn't have a sink outside of the bathroom) and it doesn't look good anymore. Every water spot shows. Every piece of dirt.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:52 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Gloss porcelain floor tiles are beautiful. They are also dangerous. Please don't do it.

What do you recommend for a gorgeous look?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 1:56 pm
I have parquet wood floors for 2 years-love love love

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 2:01 pm
I have glossy porcelain tiles in my entryway and kitchen, although everyone tried to talk us out of them. I love them, they’re gorgeous. My floor is a beige/taupe color with white grout (grout does get dirty). The floor actually looks clean because it’s so reflective. I don’t notice a lot of dirty spots. And it’s very easy to clean, we just steam mop it.

I have mats by my front door and my sinks for any water drips. Otherwise we really don’t find it slippery at all.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 2:14 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
What do you recommend for a gorgeous look?
I am not aware of any glossy flooring that will give you that glitz magazine look and is also not slippery when wet. If you want porcelain, I would recommend matte tiles with some grit to prevent slipping, and a subtle pattern to keep it from looking dirty.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 2:19 pm
Thanks for all replies. I'm getting both sample tiles tomorrow or Monday, then I'll need to make my mind up. At the moment we have floorboards and concrete (due to building works) and it's hard living like this. I'm excited to have a floor down even though it means even more cleaning 😏 I don't have cleaning help at the moment, and my house has doubled in size. The gloss tiles seem easier to clean than matt. My worktops are white marble quartz but kind of matt and I find them hard to clean. Everything sticks to it.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 2:25 pm
I love my glossy tiles but If you're putting them in get a Tineco vacuum. Makes cleaning a cinch. It does have to be done daily though. No getting around that.

stepmama

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:55 pm
Definitely take glossy. I did cuarzo reno in 48 x 48. Very practical! Love love love them. Not slippery.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:59 pm
stepmama wrote:
Definitely take glossy. I did cuarzo reno in 48 x 48. Very practical! Love love love them. Not slippery.

Why is yours not slippery or problematic like everyone else who posted not to get?
I’m asking because I will eventually do my floors and I really wanted glossy…

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 7:01 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I have gloss all over and they get dirty so fast

Wanted to be more specific.

Mine are white. My MIL has dark gloss tiles and it doesn't look nearly as gross. It looks really nice actually.

If you're going light, go with matte. If you're going dark, either works.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics