Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Yay New Plus size Forum!
1  2  Next

InnerMe

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:32 pm
I'm the OP of the other thread. Thanks Yael for adding this subforum!

In this forum everyone can ask for plus-size recommendations. (Maybe also plus size vents?)

It's called "safe haven" to note that this isn't the forum to recommend why or how we should lose weight.

Hi to all plus size friends! Smile

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:35 pm
Thank you for helping make this happen!

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 3:39 pm
I’m so excited about this! Is it possible to make a pinned post with some rules?

InnerMe

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 4:49 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I’m so excited about this! Is it possible to make a pinned post with some rules?

It's a good idea.
What are some suggestions for this? Then we can ask Yael if she can pin it.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:03 pm
Can we post links/stores where we can find clothes? Shoes? Boots?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:15 pm
Thank you so much for starting this new group! I'm guessing most of you are from New York, but I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so would appreciate reliable and well-priced online shopping tips. I'll start: Penningtons and Zulilly are both excellent sources of attractive plus-sized women's wear at reasonable prices. Smile

Highstrung

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:18 pm
Nice to finally have a space where I “fit” in. Pun intended 😉

Highstrung

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:41 pm
I recently got this top on Amazon to go with a skirt I had. I’m going to order more in different colors . The fit is very nice and it’s really comfortable.
I’m around 6ft tall so keep that in mind. For me tunic style is good because it’s long and covers the parts that need covering .
I bought a 3x but normally wear a 2X . I thought I’d need it looser based on reviews but I think the 2X would’ve been good enough.
And the neckline is just on me , in terms of tznius. I will take it in a teeny drop by the neckline . But some my find it unnecessary.I guess it depends on each neck and body.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 5:50 pm
Hi. I'm not sure I qualify. I think I'm in between regular and plus sizes.

But I have been having a hard time finding clothing. Want to share that I got landsend collared polos size large and they fit me well (usually nothing fits) and also Walmart has now beautiful sleeveless shirt style tops. 4 different designs. I got large but they have plus sizes and they look so so nice. Highly recommend anyone who lives near Walmart to check it out.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 6:06 pm
If anyone is in Lakewood, there's s newish plus size store called Sorority. They have a lot of really nice options, some of them are very well priced and the staff are all so nice and helpful. I recently got an entire new wardrobe there.

chanatron1000

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 6:57 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Hi. I'm not sure I qualify. I think I'm in between regular and plus sizes.

But I have been having a hard time finding clothing. Want to share that I got landsend collared polos size large and they fit me well (usually nothing fits) and also Walmart has now beautiful sleeveless shirt style tops. 4 different designs. I got large but they have plus sizes and they look so so nice. Highly recommend anyone who lives near Walmart to check it out.

That's a thing. Some people call it "mid sized," but that's confusing because a lot of people think it means a size medium. It generally means having to shop in both size ranges.

Debbie

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 2:22 pm
Thank you Yael and to all involved for starting this forum.
Mid sized is a terminology that I hadn't heard before, but I guess I'm between that and plus size.
I'm from England and plus size there starts at size 14( US 10); I now live in EY I'm not sure how the sizes compare but I have found a couple of plus sized women's clothes shops that I really like.
It's good to be able to find nice clothes for bigger ladies, years ago it was more of a challenge.

sequoia

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 3:08 pm
I’m not plus sized but I am an apple, and finding COMFORTABLE flattering clothes can be difficult.

Iymnok

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 3:42 pm
I want nursing friendly tops.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 4:32 pm
It's weird because in the USA I'm a standard XL or even L sometimes when it comes to nonJewish clothing but in Israel since my last few babies literally nothing fits.

The XL here is tiny. I have better luck in the winter when sweaters and stuff are oversized and made larger. The summer is rough. Even European brands don't fit well.

This season I've been finding things at the plus size part of Mekimi, lord Kitsch, and Daniella Faye. I found a lot of viscose and cotton items and I've decided I'm not longer buying polyester for hot Israeli summers.

abound

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:23 am
Debbie wrote:
Thank you Yael and to all involved for starting this forum.
Mid sized is a terminology that I hadn't heard before, but I guess I'm between that and plus size.
I'm from England and plus size there starts at size 14( US 10); I now live in EY I'm not sure how the sizes compare but I have found a couple of plus sized women's clothes shops that I really like.
It's good to be able to find nice clothes for bigger ladies, years ago it was more of a challenge.

Can you share the shops in Israel?

Debbie

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:26 am
abound wrote:

The two I like are Hagara and Onat and Jump.
They are not frum shops but I've found quite a few items in them that flatter my cuddly person.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:46 am
abound wrote:

I’ve had lots of good luck at Mekimi

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 11:06 pm
Thank you OP for starting this forum. Very much appreciated!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:19 am
Tamari in Beit Shemesh has some amazing plus size stuff.
Also Meli by fame.
Great plus size stuff
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven