Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Links for Shein/Amazon
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:00 am
Looking for weekday tops and/or dresses.

I am depsrate for clothes. Nothing fits properly and I really want to looks put together. I sick of being a shlump and just wearing whatever fits.
Also want affordable.

Help me. I want to feel pretty.

No idea my size these days. But I think about a 2X or 3X.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:12 am
Hilltichu Womens Color Block Round Neck Tunic Tops Casual Long Sleeve Shirt Blouse https://a.co/d/4Xjpen3

Comes in size up to xxl and is very nice and flowy to hide bumps and such. Also super comfy shirt comes in multiple colors

Also here are a two more that I have bought.. again they have multiple colors options and these two have pockets

Bolomi Womens Casual Sweatshirts... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099.....ss_tl

Mordenmiss Women's Stripes... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 7:50 am
How I wish I can see these tops of heavier people so I see what it looks like.

Highstrung

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:05 am
I call this my uniform. I have a couple in black and then some other colors and wear it with different printed skirts . Both maxi or pencil. I wear it all year round with a modal shell underneath . They wash well, dry flat.
Sometimes I close it with a pretty gold button type of pin so it looks like it has a button and it’s not flying open revealing all my blubber. Or I close it with a safety pin.
Ever since I became plus size this became my go to “cover up”. and also it’s versatile . I wear it on Shabbos too if it goes with what I’m wearing.
https://www.amazon.com/WSK850-.....ss_tl

Notice in the reviews the pics . Some
Of them are shorter on top and layer and some are like the picture I’m showing where it points down. I have the one where it points down. It’s more flattering .

Highstrung

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:15 am
amother OP wrote:
How I wish I can see these tops of heavier people so I see what it looks like.

Check the reviews. There are usually posts with people of all sizes showing how it fits

watergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:18 am
Follow Alyssa Goldwater on IG. She is plus size and models all of the clothes that she promotes. She promotes a lot of Amazon items which are very affordable as well as a lot of not so affordable (for me) high-end frum brands. I like her because she wears the clothing so you could see how it looks, and she is REAL plus size, not like a size 8. Because she is an influencer, she is. Nogeah b’davar, so as always, I take her recommendations for what they are, and you might disagree with them. This is true for any influencer of course. But overall, I appreciate her content.

On that note, she has a link to a fit and flare dress that I actually have a bunch of that I’ve been wearing before I knew who she was. This just comes in $1 million, it’s very washable and you can throw it in the dryer, and it looks great on plus size bodies.

iconic luxe Women's A-Line Swing Trapeze Midi Dress https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072.....ss_tl

amother
Maple

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:23 am
watergirl wrote:
Follow Alyssa Goldwater on IG. She is plus size and models all of the clothes that she promotes. She promotes a lot of Amazon items which are very affordable as well as a lot of not so affordable (for me) high-end frum brands. I like her because she wears the clothing so you could see how it looks, and she is REAL plus size, not like a size 8. Because she is an influencer, she is. Nogeah b’davar, so as always, I take her recommendations for what they are, and you might disagree with them. This is true for any influencer of course. But overall, I appreciate her content.

On that note, she has a link to a fit and flare dress that I actually have a bunch of that I’ve been wearing before I knew who she was. This just comes in $1 million, it’s very washable and you can throw it in the dryer, and it looks great on plus size bodies.

iconic luxe Women's A-Line Swing Trapeze Midi Dress https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072.....ss_tl

Not the OP but I love this dress, but hate the length. I'm 5'3" and the length is so awkward

Highstrung

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:25 am
amother Maple wrote:
Not the OP but I love this dress, but hate the length. I'm 5'3" and the length is so awkward

@watergirl how tall are you and where does it fall out on you? I’m 6 ft and thinking it’ll be too short. Otherwise I love it .

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:34 am
Highstrung wrote:
@watergirl how tall are you and where does it fall out on you? I’m 6 ft and thinking it’ll be too short. Otherwise I love it .

I’m a different poster but I’m 5”7 and it comes to about 2 inches below my knees. But I am 9 months pregnant- I think when I’m not pregnant it’s longer. I think it’s worth trying, it’s free returns.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:36 am
Highstrung wrote:

I’m 5 feet and I love the length (it’s quite long on me).

watergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:37 am
amother Maple wrote:

Where does it fall on you? It’s about an inch above my ankles.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 8:59 am
amother Glitter wrote:
I’m a different poster but I’m 5”7 and it comes to about 2 inches below my knees. But I am 9 months pregnant- I think when I’m not pregnant it’s longer. I think it’s worth trying, it’s free returns.

I have had this dress too. I am 5' 7" and it was a really good length on me. I found it to be too clingy of a fabric though and always needed to layer something on top.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 9:02 am
I'm 5"5. Sounds like it might be a nice length. I'm so sorry about it hugging all my rolls in the wrong places.
The cardigan is nice, but I don't like those type as I'm heavy chested and find between that and my stomach when it opens too much t doesn't looks nice.
Would also need something for under it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming. Maybe I'll actually buy something.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:02 am
I currently usually wear a basic black skirt and a black or white shell, and add a loose thin sleeveless or short-sleeve top.

Don't have links, since I haven't actually bought anything new recently. (Clothes are from before I lost and then re-gained about 70-75lb ...so they feel kinda new, anyway Cool) I've bought appropriate stuff at Dress Barn (does this still exist?) and JC Penney.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:05 am
Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! I may actually buy something. (If get over my reluctance to potentially have to return stuff.)

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 11:18 am
just found this: https://dressbarn.com/collecti.....-plus
I love it! would have to try it on to make sure it's not too loud on me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:31 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
just found this: https://dressbarn.com/collecti.....-plus
I love it! would have to try it on to make sure it's not too loud on me.

It looks nice. Looks like the type of thing I would have to try on, but also would probably walk past it in the store.
I don't have much confidence at seeing things and thinking they will look good on me. I pick the plain not styled things and trying to get out of that.
So I appreciate the suggestion.

Other issue is I'm in Israel so I need things I can ship here!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:53 pm
watergirl wrote:

Looking at this dress and the reviews. It sounds like for bigger chest it might not be as good. Also is it see through? Can you see your bra lines through it?

watergirl

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 2:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking at this dress and the reviews. It sounds like for bigger chest it might not be as good. Also is it see through? Can you see your bra lines through it?

I have a pretty big chest. Yes you can see bra lines, but it’s not an issue for me because I wear a shell always.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, May 23 2023, 6:54 pm
Like the iconic A-line dress, but I'm too lumpy for jersey knits. I need something stiffer that will stand away from my body, not cling to it. I'm not interested in something I need to cover up with another layer of clothing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven