Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did you ever have a financial miracle?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:16 pm
It’s been really hard financially lately
There’s a lot that we are held back from doing, pursuing that could help our day to day life, mental health, children’s lives that we are held back from pursuing due to money concerns.
Just been feeling kind of hopeless lately, like how will we ever get out of this rut. Would love to hear from anyone who experienced any miracles, big or small in regards to money.
Job offers, raises etc or even more outright miracles…

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:19 pm
Yes we’ve a had many “small” miracles, but to me they’re huge, because they were so needed.

Most recently, received a large reimbursement check from insurance that I desperately needed to pay taxes. Whenever I start stressing about money, I know I need to work on my Emuna. Hashem always comes through one way or another.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:32 pm
I have always heard that being scrupulous with maaser is the key.

I also heard that in order to be scrupulous, you should give 20% of your income, which is extremely challenging.

My husband's business had a slower year last year. I decided to try giving 20% to tzedaka to see what would happen. B"H his business this year has picked up tremendously.

I wouldn't call this a "miracle" because it says clearly in the passuk, "Asser taaser" - bishvil she'tisasher (Give Maaser - Rashi - So that you should become rich)."

A miracle would be winning the lottery or applying for a job that pays you a ridiculous salary that you are unqualified for and getting it.

I feel like giving maaser (not just tzedaka, but actual maaser) is something that many people can do and will absolutely help.

Hatzlacha rabbah.

max

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:33 pm
Absolutely yes!!! Many miracles both financial and health related!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:37 pm
I get you op. Was in that same spot a few years back. We really struggled for many years and it was disheartening not being able to take care of some of our familys needs without accepting tzedaka. We are in a much better place today, but I can not point to anything we did that changed our situation around. We are working the same jobs, but my husbands field got a huge boost at the time of covid. He also started to work from home which has affected his performance and salary greatly.
Covid was a huge positive turnaround for us financially, while so many around us started struggling. It is all in the hands of Hashem. And this is what Hashem wants for us to go through.
Hugs!

miami85

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:47 pm
When I was facing a big time situation with my education, I needed to do an unpaid practicum and it would mean being out of the house 12 hours a day (not all spent on practicum, but I did whatever work I could do), I suddenly got a significant yerusha from my grandmother that helped with babysitting.

And just last week we were facing a difficult situation and I was like "Hashem, I did the right thing, how come we're in this situation?" and that day we got an unexpected check for a significant sum from my husband's grandmother.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:25 pm
Recently my job has been very uncertain, with associated financial concern. A few weeks ago, someone in the community asked if I could help them, using skills related to my job. I was looking at it as a favour, and wasn't expecting any reimbursement - or maybe something like chocolate or a fruit platter if they wanted. They insisted on paying me a very generous sum - far more than I would have expected for what I was doing.

My job is currently looking more secure, so I've put the money away for something special, but it reminded me that whatever happens to my job, Hashem is still in charge of my income, and I'll always get what I'm meant to have.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:30 pm
I quit a toxic job (while I was pregnant) that was destroying me and I lived off unemployment, food stamps and I don't even know but I just needed to. It was either june or july, I was due early November. Once the baby was born and I was starting to get really antsy I put feelers out for a new job. I took a one week temp job to cover someones vacation and it worked out so well I got hired full time. That same week I got a letter saying my unemployment was over. I am still here all these years later, my salary has gone up a lot and its been a good place for me overall.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:35 pm
Yes, we were in debt and my husband got a 1time very well paid job opportunity BH

amother
Birch

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:37 pm
When we started giving 20% maaser we saw a huge difference in our income bH!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:39 pm
Yes. Time after time.
Most recently, I literally had no way to pay my bills, not sure if to give up working and go on unemployment because what's the point of working if you're starving and got a phone call. I don't want to go into details but I was offered a job paying almost double my previous one with excellent conditions.

I had one time with a massive medical bill, no way to pay. That day I saw exactly that sum go into my account. A totally unexpected refund from the electricity company because a year and a half ago they overcharged us.

I've seen that when I let go and ask Hashem seriously - there is no more hishtadlus I can do, please take over, He really does.

Highstrung

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:45 pm
So many times. That doesn’t mean I still don’t struggle with finances. But I do see the yad Hashem and how he orchestrates things. I’ve watched myself get raises and have expenses in that exact amount down to the dime and I’ve had sudden unexpected ways of getting income to cover exactly what I needed in that moment. So even though logically we can’t afford our life and our spreadsheet with our budget shows way more in basic expenses than our income , I know that it doesn’t pay to be anxious because it’s so clear how HaShem is running the show and He’ll take care of me the same way He did until now.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:46 pm
Yep!! After one of my kids was born decided not to go back to work even though we really couldn't afford it because my family needed me. A week after she was born, we got approved for a government program that we had earlier been rejected from since they had run out of funding. No new funding had been approved we just got approved somehow! It covered probably $10k which was more than I would have made in a few months anyhow, and several months later my husband got a raise (don't know if that part is miraculous, it was more teva, but the grant filled the gap nicely).

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:46 pm
My expenses increased dramatically due to a life event and we didn’t have the money to cover our expenses. The company I work for got bought out and the new owners decided to give me a huge raise. BH we were then able to cover our expenses.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:57 pm
In shana bet, I was hired as a madricha for a seminary when one of their madrichot got engaged. Shortly thereafter I started therapy, which I didn’t tell my my parents about, and even if I had, they were not going to pay for (they are much more open to the idea of therapy now BH). My earnings from my madricha position helped me pay for therapy independently out of pocket.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 2:59 pm
Yes. We were not covering (dh in school with 4 kids) I started a new hobby and got a big company to sell my product. I worked in the evenings and within a month or 2 I was able to pay off cc the day I need to start paying interest and after dh got a better job put away money as well which we recently used to renovate.

imasinger

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:09 pm
Before I was BT, I was in a miserable marriage. My decision to divorce came first, but then, I began my journey. Since I wasn't frum, I saw no need for a kosher get, but wanted to have something -- asked for a Conservative one. Ex was extremely uncooperative, but finally agreed. I paid for the expenses, though I didn't have much money to spare.

Six months later, I was on my way to a very different life, and realized I'd need a kosher get. But how would I afford a second go around?

Out of the blue, someone sent me a large bonus for something I had done. I said, "this is so big, can I put it into a chesed fund I work with?" She said, "If I wanted to give it as tzedaka, I'll pick my own place. I gave it to you personally, now are you taking it or not?"

It was the exact amount I needed for the expenses for a kosher get.

And ex was more cooperative than I had any reason to expect.

Truly a neis min hashamayim all around.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:40 pm
I see nisim all the time 🙈 just the fact that we are able to survive. Hashem always takes care of us one way or another.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:53 pm
I had an unplanned pregnancy and I'm on partial bedrest. I need to hire cleaning help and a mother's helper and I have medical expenses and I can't drive (also expensive)

I'm on SNAP. I can't afford help.

And someone asked to rent my falling apart almost 15 year old minivan, which I now can't drive, for $900/month. Which almost exactly covers my extra expenses.

If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is.

Highstrung

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:10 pm
Just to share one story that I still can’t get over . 8 years ago I purchased my home. It’s an old house and still had the original kitchen from 1969. But before we purchased we knew that we need to move in as is and won’t have funds to do construction or remodeling. I agreed with DH that we will paint the cabinets together , as they were a very dark brown wood.
The day we moved in I went to clean the cabinets and discovered that the depth of each cabinet was half of the depth in standard cabinetry today. My dishes wouldn’t fit! The cabinets were so small. But we didn’t have a choice . Right? DH went to the kitchen store that I used to work at and got a price for a counter top (something we planned on changing) while there , since the designer knew DH through me , he said let me design you a full kitchen based on your measurements” at no cost to you . So DH just did it for the kicks of it. He even priced him out a kitchen and encouraged him to buy it. But even $7000 worth of cabinetry was not in our budget.
Literally that same week a disabled man that my DH assisted a lot for years, called. This man had not spoken to DH in over a year. Maybe more .
The guy asked DH how he’s doing and told him “remember 5 years ago when you would go around and collect the rent for my properties that I owned?” ,of course DH remembered . The guy told him that he kept a cheshbonos of all the hours and time DH put in (even though DH did it as a favor) and he said he now had extra money and wanted to pay him for the work done years ago. He said please come to my house I already wrote out a check of $15,000 (can’t remember the exact price) DH got the check, went back to the kitchen store and said “We want to buy the kitchen you priced”, we hired someone to gut the kitchen , pull plumbing and we were able to make a brand new kitchen with two sinks , something we never dreamed of having or doing. And had the money been offered to DH earlier it would’ve gone to something totally different. Here it literally came unexpectedly into our hands and it was such a shock.
That man moved to E”Y shortly after that . He never gave DH his number and DH lost complete contact with him. This was their last encounter with each other . We don’t even know if he’s still alive.

Oh..and the price of the kitchen, counter and the construction and labor , new appliances and floor amounted to exactly the amount we were given.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics