Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Why did you use your doona on yom tov?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Sand

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:24 am
Only on ImaMother is a doona considered cool.

Most people I know including myself have one for convenience but they also have another fancier stroller like the uppababy, buggaboo or joolz.

A doona is really not cool OP!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:34 am
Wow thanks for sharing some reasons. I asked because I couldn’t think of a reason people would be using it.
What I noticed is that people are extremely defensive about their urr see using a doona even attacking others. I wonder why?
I personally don’t have a doona because I can’t afford it and I don’t see why I would need it.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:44 am
amother Ivory wrote:
People get so self righteously judgey towards people who use doonas, it’s ridiculous. Mind your own business. As can be seen on this thread, there are many valid reasons to use it. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t consider the reason to be valid. It’s not your child, this isn’t a matter of child abuse. Find something actually useful to spend your time thinking about.

A doona is not safe to use for more than a few hours at a time. A lack of safety is neglect. Neglect is a type of abuse.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 5:54 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:
A doona is not safe to use for more than a few hours at a time. A lack of safety is neglect. Neglect is a type of abuse.

Right. I don’t care what anyone else does but people may not realize how bad the position is for a baby’s spine. The curvature of thr seat is the safest for a baby in the car due to impact absorption etc, but they are supposed to be taken out as soon as you get home to allow for thr spine to straighten. It’s not self righteous, it’s fact. Looking forward to a generation of scoliosis kids

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:21 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:

Is this for all car seat snap n goes or just doona?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:25 am
amother Moonstone wrote:

All infant car seats that curve. They’re meant for the car and the car only.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:48 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
Right. I don’t care what anyone else does but people may not realize how bad the position is for a baby’s spine. The curvature of thr seat is the safest for a baby in the car due to impact absorption etc, but they are supposed to be taken out as soon as you get home to allow for thr spine to straighten. It’s not self righteous, it’s fact. Looking forward to a generation of scoliosis kids

The danger with car seats is asphyxiation due to positioning. Not scoliosis. People with scoliosis are still generally alive.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 7:58 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
The danger with car seats is asphyxiation due to positioning. Not scoliosis. People with scoliosis are still generally alive.

For a very young baby yes.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:06 am
Again I ask: who says the doona is sooo uncomfortable for babies???? My baby seems fine and falls asleep in it as usual. We use either stroller but the sooner is easier to clean if baby's diaper leaks which has been happening more lately

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:07 am
Delete

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:12 am
amother Sand wrote:

Most people I know including myself have one for convenience but they also have another fancier stroller like the uppababy, buggaboo or joolz.

Kyh Poo poo poo. So glad you and your friends are wealthy. Or at least living like you are wealthy.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:13 am
My pediatrician has no issue with babies being in the Donna for extended periods.

You seem mighty concerned about the welfare of the coming generation of Donna babies. Focus your efforts on climate change and polluted air. That's neglectful abuse too.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:19 am
amother Sand wrote:

I didn't realize that we haven't left middle school but between OP post and this gem, I was wrong

ShishKabob

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:21 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
Again I ask: who says the doona is sooo uncomfortable for babies???? My baby seems fine and falls asleep in it as usual. We use either stroller but the sooner is easier to clean if baby's diaper leaks which has been happening more lately
my babies loved the Doona and before it existed they slept amazing in infant seats. No one has issues with their spines or anything bh, I know that it was a lifesaver due to their gas issues and it was the only position that they were comfortable with. Sue me...

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:22 am
amother Tan wrote:
I didn't realize that we haven't left middle school but between OP post and this gem, I was wrong

Lol- just wondering if the “most people she knows including herself” purchased those uncool $500 strollers and the fancier ones with their own hard earned money. And also pay for the rest of life’s expenses. Alternate universe lol

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:23 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
Lol- just wondering if the “most people she knows including herself” purchased those uncool $500 strollers and the fancier ones with their own hard earned money. And also pay for the rest of life’s expenses. I’m guessing not. Alternate universe lol

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 8:25 am
amother Moonstone wrote:

All of them. But the others aren't as popular and overused as the doona.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:36 am
amother Amethyst wrote:

I agree with you about the curvature.
But why are you saying you are looking forward to a generation of scoliosis kids???

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 9:42 am
amother Tan wrote:

This. Op & all others, time to learn how to myob!

Personally I mostly used the doona for car trips but I have to admit my baby loved it, she seemed more comfortable in it than in any other stroller.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, May 28 2023, 10:14 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
Lol- just wondering if the “most people she knows including herself” purchased those uncool $500 strollers and the fancier ones with their own hard earned money. And also pay for the rest of life’s expenses. Alternate universe lol
And with that comment, you have become just as catty as she is.

I have a doona for the car and a Joolz brand stroller for out of the car. Not your business how I paid for it. And neither of them are to be cool because if you saw me, there is no way you would mistake me for being cool.

Everyone needs to let everyone else live. Seriously.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics