Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do u keep the pacifier in??

Basya

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 8:34 pm
I seem to be putting the pacifier back in to my baby's mouth all day and all night. It tends to drop out of her mouth as she is falling asleep but then it wakes her up and she can't put it back in. Any tips on keeping it in? It is clipped to her clothes but it doesnt keep it in her mouth!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jul 04 2008, 12:37 am
I don't think there is any trick in the very beginning. You just have to keep putting it back in. Eventually they get better at keeping it in their mouths and also learn to feel around for it when it slips. Once my son was old enough to wave his hands around searching for it in his sleep I just threw several into bed with him so he would always find one easily w/o waking up hysterical.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 10:09 pm
I heard that you should use reverse psychology. When your baby is sucking, try gently pulling it out a bit & the baby will automatically pull it back in. This trains them to keep it in better.

Marion

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 11:53 pm
I never bothered. DS #1 took it no problem, and when DS #2 was ready, so did he. Until then I didn't fight over it (and was just as happy at the prospect that maybe I wouldn't have to wean from one). It's SUPPOSED to fall out in their sleep; if you keep running to put it back you're training him not be able to sleep without it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics