Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help me keep early mornings calm

mom!

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 12:50 pm
Some background:
Two of my kids (4 and 6 year old boys) tend to wake up very early. There are many reasons for this and I am not trying to change that so please no suggestions for that.
I am working with them to go downstairs quietly and play so they don’t have wake up anyone else. Usually they do a puzzle or play mobile or something like the at. The issue is once they wake up they hang out in their room (and make noise) until I come in and tell them to go down. How can I teach them to go down themselves quietly so the whole family is not woken up?

amother
Honey

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:02 pm
Tell them before bed after a week they will get the routine. Also leave maybe food for them on the table and tell them when going to bed that there will be something to eat etc.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 1:48 pm
Leave them personal notes downstairs on the table (put them out the night before). Tell them you will leave them specisl notes for the morning just for them, it will give them motivation to go down faster. Tell them.any day they go downstairs right away, they earn another note the next morning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children