Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planing trip to New Hampshire
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:09 pm
Bump. Thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:36 am
Still deciding between flume gorge and lost river. I know the flume is more popular. Which is better to do with kids 3- 8? It says flume is 2 miles and lost river is 1 mile but they both say it takes 1.5 hours to complete so I’m confused. I would do the shorter one but if they are the same amount of time anyways then just do the more popular one….anyone who went who could help me out?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Still deciding between flume gorge and lost river. I know the flume is more popular. Which is better to do with kids 3- 8? It says flume is 2 miles and lost river is 1 mile but they both say it takes 1.5 hours to complete so I’m confused. I would do the shorter one but if they are the same amount of time anyways then just do the more popular one….anyone who went who could help me out?

My kids much preferred Lost River. The caves they get to wiggle through add a lot. We've gone back there another 2-3 times, but never gone back to Flume Gorge.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:31 am
doctorima wrote:
My kids much preferred Lost River. The caves they get to wiggle through add a lot. We've gone back there another 2-3 times, but never gone back to Flume Gorge.

I second that. My kids had the same reaction.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:36 am
imasinger wrote:
I second that. My kids had the same reaction.

What age bracket were your kids? Mine are 11-15.would they enjoy?

imasinger

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:44 am
amother Cyan wrote:
What age bracket were your kids? Mine are 11-15.would they enjoy?

If they like going through caves, they probably will, though maybe not as much as 8-11 year olds. And the "prospecting for gold and gems" set-up was also fun.

At 11-15, my kids' absolute favorite was Attitash coaster, but alas, it's still closed.

miri36

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 12:36 pm
Drive up Mt kearsarge, gorgeous views. New Hampshire telephone museum is nearby and fun for kids. Mt kearsarge Indian museum is also nice and right next to the mountain.

cinnabon

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 12:15 pm
Trying to plan a New Hampshire trip for the end of summer with my kids, ages 2, 6, and 8.
Would love help with the itinerary and accommodations.

Was thinking of staying in Days Inn Lincoln but I don't want a place that's going to be overcrowded with Yidden.
I saw someone mentioned Condos, but any idea where I would go about looking for condos? Which area would be best (cheap and near minyan)

So far Here are some ideas I was thinking of doing, if anyone can give feedback on any of these places, that would be great!

Clarks Trading Post
Lost River Gorge
Lonesome Lake - is there boating there?
Mount Loon Chairlift - is there anything to do once you get to the top of the chairlift or is it just views?
The Basin - it looked like a nice hike and water that we can go wading in but not sure if it's kid-friendly ( 2 yo can be in a baby carrier possibly)
Storyland
Is Mount Washington interesting for kids?

cinnabon

Post Mon, Jul 24 2023, 8:13 pm
Bump

cinnabon

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 7:39 pm
Hi
Would love if anyone that has been to New Hampshire can help with accommodations recommendations.

Thanks!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:07 pm
cinnabon wrote:
Hi
Would love if anyone that has been to New Hampshire can help with accommodations recommendations.

Thanks!!

We are going soon and staying at days inn. You can book an Airbnb by loon mountain.
The minyan is by days inn but not on shabbos. On shabbos it’s by loon mountain usually and other resorts.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 10:16 pm
cinnabon wrote:
Hi

Thanks!!

PMR or white cottages

cinnabon

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:53 am
Thanks
Do you know if there are minyanim during the week by loon mountain or PMR?

Where would I find out minyan schedule

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 8:57 am
cinnabon wrote:
Thanks

PMR is rented out over the summer for frum people and has minyanim all the time

You can call the chabad rav who gives out sifrei Torah in august to resorts to see if there is currently a daily minyan in loon mountain

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 1:33 pm
Hi, I want to take my kids to New hampshire but looking through airbnb everything looks old n not very appealing! Any recommendations for accommodations that aren't full of yidden ?

cinnabon

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 1:21 pm
Anyone know if there are kosher restaurants or takeout on the way back from New Hampshire or storyland to lakewood ?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:08 pm
cinnabon wrote:
Thanks

The pro with pmr is that u have a mikvah. Minyan and pool with hours for men/women

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:12 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
The pro with pmr is that u have a mikvah. Minyan and pool with hours for men/women

You have that in days inn but limited hours.
I think the pool is open for men (also to use as a mikvah) from 7-8am and for women 8-9am.
Maybe if it’s only frum people in august they accommodate more swimming hours?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 2:14 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Hi, I want to take my kids to New hampshire but looking through airbnb everything looks old n not very appealing! Any recommendations for accommodations that aren't full of yidden ?

Lots of places are older looking but still fun for the kids.
Look at the list from chabad of places to stay near minyan. Some are nicer than others.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:37 am
Anyone have any link to a normal Airbnb over there? Did anyone stay in the cottages by Days inn and can weigh in and let me know if they're decent looking and if they have air conditioner?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics