Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Rinas Seminary
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 1:27 pm
As someone who is good friends with a bunch people who work in many of seminaries and has heard a lot over the years from the seminary girls we host practically every shabbos - I have heard these things about rinas before, but also think if you have a very solid, emotionally healthy girl who is good at navigating relationships and boundaries, they can still have a great year in Rinas.

I have met girls who had a great year with no drama and girls who where affected by the things described.

In general - I have seen some of this stuff in some of the other seminaries as well.

In general - if the principal is the owner and there is no other hanhala (assistant principal ect.) that is a red flag. Especially in the more RW places.

cheese cake

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 10:23 pm
Op I have information for you. Please pm me

ail

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 1:12 pm
Who is teaching nowadays in rinas? Is rabbi spitser still there? Does rabbi heller come in once a week?

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 2:32 pm
The saddest thing is that I found out about emotional abuse happening in another "very popular" seminary that everyone swoons to go to.
I picked something up at the open house, then I met someone who I happened to ask and boy did she have a story, and when I asked the high school principal who would never say something untrue or lashon horah - she told that she cannot deny what I heard.

Ladies, please be super vigilante in finding out info about the seminaries.

And no matter how much research you do, warn your daughters! Just like you raise them about keeping their private parts private as children, now you must warn them about keeping their private feelings/ family issues private. Teach them to recognize if a teacher or principal is too probing they should stay away. They could share some feelings but somehow teach them when it is too much and too far. And to NEVER be alone with any male teacher no matter how long his white beard is and to never share anything emotional with him.

The frum girls are very naive and it is lovely and holy but they are also extremely vulnerable!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:59 pm
Looking for updates: if anyone has their daughter or someone they know that is there this year that could give updated information on here

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:02 pm
My daughter is there now and is doing very well BH.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 1:24 pm
Bump. Anyone else have any info on what's it been like this year so far?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:33 pm
I don't know about this year but I recently saw someone who went last year. She had a wonderful year and only had great things to say.

Cressel

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:42 pm
Bump

Would love to hear updates. Anyone else have a daughter there now?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:54 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
The saddest thing is that I found out about emotional abuse happening in another "very popular" seminary that everyone swoons to go to.
I picked something up at the open house, then I met someone who I happened to ask and boy did she have a story, and when I asked the high school principal who would never say something untrue or lashon horah - she told that she cannot deny what I heard.

Ladies, please be super vigilante in finding out info about the seminaries.

And no matter how much research you do, warn your daughters! Just like you raise them about keeping their private parts private as children, now you must warn them about keeping their private feelings/ family issues private. Teach them to recognize if a teacher or principal is too probing they should stay away. They could share some feelings but somehow teach them when it is too much and too far. And to NEVER be alone with any male teacher no matter how long his white beard is and to never share anything emotional with him.

The frum girls are very naive and it is lovely and holy but they are also extremely vulnerable!

I know its LH so youre purposely not saying, but I wish we can know what place this is. You got lucky that you intuited something from the open house but not everyone is so perceptive and they don't pick these things up. And you got lucky that the person you asked verified your feeling.

How would I know if my daughter is going to this place? Though I know that it's possible that it's happening in other places as well.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:41 pm
The seminary is doing great and the girls are loving it. There has been a very strong shift in the leadership and how it is run this year.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 6:07 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
The seminary is doing great and the girls are loving it. There has been a very strong shift in the leadership and how it is run this year.

Sounds amazing!!!

Are you able to elaborate?

Is there new administrative staff?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

Rochel18

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 6:33 pm
Any updates here?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info