Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Office Salary
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:13 am
I know there have been many threads but I feel like I need info.

I've been working in office settings for around 12 years full time.

I just saw an ad for a office job needing 1 year experience and the pay was between $30-$45/hour depending on how many hours. Someone else told me that starting salary for an office job part time (9-3) is $60k which would come out to over $40/hour.

Does anyone know if this is the true starting salary in Lakewood? If it is are people working for 10 years getting around $50/hour?

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:
I know there have been many threads but I feel like I need info.

I've been working in office settings for around 12 years full time.

I just saw an ad for a office job needing 1 year experience and the pay was between $30-$45/hour depending on how many hours. Someone else told me that starting salary for an office job part time (9-3) is $60k which would come out to over $40/hour.

Does anyone know if this is the true starting salary in Lakewood? If it is are people working for 10 years getting around $50/hour?

I’m working for about 12 years too. I work part time, 22 hours a week and get paid $42/ hr
According to what you wrote, They are really underpaying me.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:26 am
I think it is very dependent on what type of office you are talking about. The nursing home billing and related offices are paying very high right now- there is a demand and they can afford to pay it. What this is doing is upping the general office salaries because then everyone would just want to work in the billing offices. You also get a lot of perks- lunches, bonuses etc.

Realistically, many offices can’t pay or match these numbers which is why many people are leaving their jobs to work in billing offices.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:58 am
Deleted

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 11:06 am
With 3 years experience you can easily be earning 75K while working 9-3 (billing)

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 11:29 am
I'm working part time (9-3 with a lot of flexibility) remotely for a nonprofit and making $35/hour. I think I'm being underpaid and would like to find a new job, but I'm hesitant to leave because I value the flexibility that I have.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 11:59 am
amother Slategray wrote:
With 3 years experience you can easily be earning 75K while working 9-3 (billing)

Well now I feel underpaid. I took a job last month for $65k 9-3 in a full nursing home backend office with 3yrs experience in bookkeeping and was ecstatic about pay.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:03 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Well now I feel underpaid. I took a job last month for $65k 9-3 in a full nursing home backend office with 3yrs experience in bookkeeping and was ecstatic about pay.

You should be getting market pay. Ask for it.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:04 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:

That sounds like a standard salary tbh.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:05 pm
amother Black wrote:
You should be getting market pay. Ask for it.

I'm definitely not comfortable asking for a raise within the first month on the job but I'll keep in mind for a few months down the line.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:08 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
I'm definitely not comfortable asking for a raise within the first month on the job but I'll keep in mind for a few months down the line.

Its not a raise - its a salary correction.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:25 pm
Voice of dissent - I’m a manager in a Lakewood office. The reason the medical billing companies offer such high pay is because people get burnt out and they have a high rate of turnover. So you can jump for the highest dollar amount but where will that leave you when you hate your job and have to start over?
Standard pay for a regular office job imo starts at $25/hour and goes up from there. The very high paying jobs are high for a reason.

rkay

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:31 pm
amother Slategray wrote:

I have been hearing this, but is this really accurate? Where are you getting this info from, do you earn this amount?

cutewife

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:36 pm
Yes

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Voice of dissent - I’m a manager in a Lakewood office. The reason the medical billing companies offer such high pay is because people get burnt out and they have a high rate of turnover. So you can jump for the highest dollar amount but where will that leave you when you hate your job and have to start over?
Standard pay for a regular office job imo starts at $25/hour and goes up from there. The very high paying jobs are high for a reason.

Thats only an argument against going into medical billing in the first place. If you are doing it - you should be earning market rate.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:38 pm
These salaries are not the norm. You might find some offices that pay well but these amounts aren’t normal across the board

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:39 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

I'm doing this for over 3 years, my office has basically zero turnover so maybe your office isn't a place that people are thrilled at. I have not lost even 1 co worker in my department in 3 years and same to most others. The industry is booming and in the right office you can thrive.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
These salaries are not the norm. You might find some offices that pay well but these amounts aren’t normal across the board

Most billing offices will give it. I have gotten offers for $100K, not a managerial position

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Most billing offices will give it. I have gotten offers for $100K, not a managerial position

If you are being offered something so high then there's a catch

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 1:05 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
If you are being offered something so high then there's a catch

Maybe its for full time? 75k for 9-3 is 100k for full time
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries